• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
If you forget what you're going to say, you could do what I do: keep one tab open for reading, and the other open for posting. That way I don't have to worry about forgetting what I was going to say. ^^

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2009
Arh, I be tired, and I have found a reason why I cannot think of ideas.

Staying up till 3 frickin am is bad for the brain. It is not three am yet, but I know that the next time I look at the clock it will be, just like yesterday... er earlier today.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
If you forget what you're going to say, you could do what I do: keep one tab open for reading, and the other open for posting. That way I don't have to worry about forgetting what I was going to say. ^^
Thank Firefox and IE8 for their wonderful tabbing gift.

And welcome Leader of Hell, to the sanity deprived FFL where nothing is what it seems and random ominous music plays in the background. I wonder how you can review... ^_^

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
Neo Groudon said:
And welcome Leader of Hell, to the sanity deprived FFL where nothing is what it seems and random ominous music plays in the background. I wonder how you can review... ^_^
The trick is not to let this insane asylum lounge get to you.

*laughs maniacally at the ominous music*

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2009
*Goes insane do the rather annoying music that won't shut off despite the fact that I smashed the only radio with a hammer and threw it over a cliff*

AHHHHHH!

*Bashes head against a wall*

I am easily distracted... now... I must really get to sleep.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Hey! Anyone who misbehaves will be forced to listen to Souljaboy's discography for eternity.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
It's happening again! The FFL is descending into chaos/Insanity. *Runs around screaming while the ominous music grows louder and scarier*
Lulz

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
icomeanon6 said:
Why is this surprising?
Hooray for the insanity that so pervades our lounge such that the idea of the insanity being surprising is itself surprising! :D

But seriously, Meneur D'enfer, icomeanon6 is absolutely correct. The best way to get good at something is to jump in first and keep an ear open for advice. :)

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
/me keeps the fire of insanity stoked.

*laughs evilly and pets his evil cat Snuffles*

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Whose your favorite Author/Poet/Writer and why?
It should be obvious by my bookshelf who my favorite author is.

I'm not really sure why. Course, Card can tell a compelling story with characters that you care about, and some of his works are emotionally moving, and stay with you forever.

Plus, I just really love his writing style.

Okay, and his most known character too. But that's a given. (I would share pictures of the Sim version, but that would require explanations.)

I will also say that I enjoy the DragonLance series, which is yet another bookshelf on my wall. Those are the books that I read the most when I was just starting as a more serious writer, so they taught me a lot about writing. I enjoy the ability in those books to add so much history to a world that's completely made up, enough so that the world feels real.

If you were talking fanfic authors, then... Oops. I'm going to have to admit that even though I mod both writing sections, I don't actually read fanfic anymore.

Oh, but for the Sims 2, I recommend the Broke Legacy and Strangetown, Here We Come.

Last edited:

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years

Astinus said:
It should be obvious by my bookshelf who my favorite author is.

Card is amazing, I just finished reading Empire. But, even though he wrote some of my favorite books, I can't honestly say that he's my favorite author (sorry, Asty). This is probably because sometime during third grade the idea that J.R.R. Tolkien is the best author EVAR was permanently engraved into my brain. I mean, the guy only single-handedly founded the high fantasy genre. Tolkien's literary worlds are far deeper and more rewarding than anything that came before or after them.

Bay

Years
Tim O' Brien, even though I only read The Things They Carried. In that book, I love his writing style and also he has a way with characters in that their struggles and emotions are real that anyone can relate to. Hopefully I'll get his two other books Tomcat in Love and Going after Cacciato.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
I'm very fond of Greek mythology, so at the moment I'd have to say Rick Riordan. His books are hardly deep psychological thrillers, but I still enjoy them. (I just got the most recent one last week.) And I must confess to having a certain weakness for Harry Potter.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
I don't know, I only remember the answer to my questions after I've asked them.

I'd have to say Edgar Allan Poe. Eventhough his work may or may not be popular with todays people, I still like it. The way he writes is so morbid and it feels rather thrilling to read his work. Some of my favourites are; "The Cask of Amontillado", "The Masque of the Red Death", "The Pit and the Pendulum", and "The Tell-Tale Heart".
Although, I do share a certain fondness for J.K. Rowling, Darren Shan, Garth Nix, and Eoin Colfer. I won't list down their works because I believe the Internet to be vast and Google to be your guide. XD

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Oh gods above. Not Edgar Allan Poe. Noooooooo!

I had to study The Pit and the Pendulum in class last term. It was horrible. Dreary, dusty and boring, full of wangst and ending with a Deus Ex Machina.

Of course, I utterly respect that everyone is entitled to their opinion and not everyone shares my views. The above is simply me expressing mine.

Gizamimi Pichu

The Medic
Years
Okay, so I'm lame, and also really behind in this thread. 8D; (Thank you, pointless, time consuming school work!)

But I wanted to ask this -

About how long is a typical one-shot fic?

I have a bad tendency to start fics (when I did write), and not finish them, usually because I got unmotivated later on, and wasn't really sure where I was going with my ideas. ^_^; So Val suggested I try one-shots for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back