• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon August Emerald

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
augustemeraldlogp.png

Awesome logo by <~F.M.P~>.. and not even on a request! ^.^

We'd love to welcome you back at Hoenn!
It all started as one of the last games ever made for the revolutionary Gameboy Advance, which was easy to take with you because of it's size and was able to show more than just one color palette. Now, It's back, as one of the many remakes, but then with a little more, such as the HGSS menu, the ability to visit Sinnoh after beating the Elite Four and travel with Red at your side through Kanto.

About
Though, the game isn't exactly a remake. Everything's going well in Hoenn. Team Aqua and Magma seem to be fully disappeared and you are the current Champion. After beating Wallace, you're heading home to Littleroot Town, to your family and friends. Cince you've been cycling all day, it's already dark outside. Everyone's sleeping. When cycling at route 102, you suddenly get rammed by a whole swarm of Camerupt, ridden by members of Team Magma...
You wake up 30 minutes later and scurry home. You know exactly what happened. Also, you know they took all your Pokémon. Now, your main target is to get them back.

CREDITS
~JV~ for SCRIPTING HELP
MEROVIN for MAPPING
POCCIL for his STARTER KIT
WICHU for HGSS SPRITES AND SCRIPTING HELP
FRANLANDIA for HGSS POKEMON OVERWORLDS
DAZZ for ripping the BATTLE BACKGROUNDS
CALIS PROJECTS for SUPPORT AND IDEAS
NINTENDO for STORYLINE
ALISTAIR for TALL GRASS TILES
People we need: Indoor mapper, NPC eventer.

With a special thanks to WICHU, ~JV~ and CALIS PROJECTS.

The Bad Guys
But, I still have the Pokémon in my box, you might think! Well, that isn't true either. Professor Birch has been robbed the night you came home. They took all the Pokémon you stored in the box. He claims worn black capes with blue accents and had a Crawdaunt with them.. Both the teams who robbed you from all your Pokémon, tried to extract all the Pokémon out of their balls with the MAGMA/AQUA EXTRACTER. Why there are both? They seem to spy on each other. Both extracters being the same, they didn't work, all the Pokémon came out of their balls, in a huge rage and escaped. Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza, which also were yours, scurried back to the Terra Cave and Marina Cave, but where Rayquaza went... no one knows.

Screenshots (More to follow really soon!)

I don't know what's the deal with your time zone, but I'm 25 minutes late with the 15 screenshots. Though, here they are, finally!

15 SCREENSHOTS BELOW.
Spoiler:

More to follow soon!

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
It's so nice. Good job, Dew.
Like your graphics and opening intro so much.
It's a good idea of a remake. Good luck!

Maxedg8s

Revisiting...
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2012
The tiles used are amazing. I'm already looking forward to playing it.

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
This game looks very promising, can't wait to see more of what you have in store for us ahead.

V0RT3X

Scientist at fluid dynamics
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
It really looks great.
The tiles are great, just the perfect colormix.
It would be really great if you put a demo on this thread, because hoenn is just my fav. pokemon region

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
You might want to take the post out of quote tags... The scrollbar makes it awkward to read, and impossible to see the whole of the video.

Anyway, as was said, the tiles are great. However, the Fortree roof looks odd in the middle, where you've repeated the exact same pattern a few times. Also, in HGSS, the Pokéball symbol on the Gym roof is coloured according to the type of the Gym; Petalburg's should therefore be grey (Normal).

As a final note, Emerald wasn't one of the first games for the GBA, but one of the last. By the time Emerald was released, the DS was already out. Even R/S came out a good two years or so after the GBA.

The Dewitty

Years
Oh, with one of the first games I actually meant Ruby and Sapphire. :p My mistake! Also, I was planning on redoing the Fortree house. I won't be recoloring the gyms according to theit types. I just gave 'em an universal red color, you know?

Legendaries

Ginzuishou/Heavy-Metal-Lover
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 2, 2021
The game looks awesome. Good luck with it :) I like the look of Littleroot Town. But the Fortree platform looks like it's floating, maybe you should put one big tree behind the ladder.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
Funny... I was going to do this as a side project. Same concept, with DPP sprites and Kyledoves OWs... haha. If you want me to help then, Id love to lend a hand. :D

Merovin

Dragon Master!
Years

I think I've fallen in love, I always loved the Hoenn games, there was something about the region that just seemed right. And this project is not only bringing us back, but it's pushing Hoenn's boundaries with some incredible tiles, kudos Dew, they look spectacular. I also really like the window skin on the game, it just fits so perfectly with everything. I'll be keeping two eyes on this thread!

If you're looking about bringing together a team, I'd love to help out, I just don't know how I would be able too. My only skill is mapping, writing and general ideas. Anyway, I'll end this here before I start typing an actual essay for you to read; great work Dew, keep it up.

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
This game looks amazing Dew. Like normal, your tilesets are awesome. I will definetly be supporting this game.

The Dewitty

Years
Ah.. In that way.. jeez. My Brendan kinda looks like Kyle's :p
PS: People who support this game; don't forget to put a supporting banner in ur sig!

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
This is brilliant Dew! It's fantastically great! Looking forward to seeing much more of this. Puts my Hoenn Project to shame :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back