• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2011
Is anybody else getting the special attack glitch?
I mean how can you go so far when all physical Pokemon are weak?

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2012
Guys, can you tell me how far can I get in the game? I've already defeated 1st gym leader of Orange League, cleared the mansion on Valencia Island and delivered the GS ball, is there anything else I can do in this beta?

btw, great hack I really enjoy it ^_^ thanks a lot

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2016
I tested this on three different systems so far. GPSP I cannot get to work, Gameboid once again, can't get to work. Supercard DSTWO It will work

lukasz_pro

Saiyan Prince
Years
Spoiler:

he says the resurection machine dont work
what i must do ?

where is ho-oh ? crystal is the only version i didint play xD
and where 3.1 ends ? after old mansion ?

ch4r1zard

Burner of backsides
Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2020
i managed to fix my glitching.

make sure u dont have 6 pokemon when u do certain scripted events:

first rival battle (cherrygrove city)
completing the slowpoke well quest (crashes when kurt tries to use a teleport)

there probbaly would be more, but ive only got to ecruteak so far

Gamerboy7991

How do you post pictures without the link showing only? Because whenever I need to post pictures, it just shows the link to it.

Also, this might've been answered already but are thunder punch, ice punch, and fire punch Special Attacks?

he says the resurection machine dont work
what i must do ?

and where 3.1 ends ? after old mansion ?

Try to go to the Science Center in Goldenrod City.

Last edited:

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015

Google.com is your friend. In a few seconds, you could have figured out exactly where Ho-oh was in the original version, and therefore: where he is in Liquid Crystal.

Regardless, I'll tell you. He's located in Tin Tower. In the original Crystal version, you had to catch all three legendary dogs before you would be allowed to ascend Tin Tower. Suicune is gained through the story and Entei and Raikou are in random encounters all over Johto.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2020
Once you get HM Surf the amount of places that you can go to is astounding ....and confusing xD

I love that you can surf all the way from olivine to cherrygrove...but theres lots of hidden stuff along the way which is also nice, but too much sea route is quite boring to be honest, thank god we have repels !

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
I Cant Download From The Site What Should I Do

I Can't Download From The Site What Should I Do

Last edited:

Gamerboy7991

Can anyone tell me which Pokemon is better, Espeon or Alakazam? I kind of like Alakazam better because it's Special Attack is very high and it can learn the 3 elemental punches (ice, fire, and thunder).

If I choose to have Alakazam, how do I evolve Kadabram into Alakazam?

Years
Hey LaZ

i have a problem at the league once i enter the door it gets stuck i mean the player cant move.
btw im using gpsp.

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Sorry to bug you, LaZ, but like everyone else, I have a question.

Yo mentioned somewhere that you had split the moves into physical and special like in 4th gen? Is this fully implemented?

Most specifically: are the elemental punches special or physical in this game?

Edit: Also, if they have been split, then that means that Snorlax loses Shadow Ball and Hyper Beam with nothing to replace them... (Since Snorlax does not have Crunch and Giga Impact does not exist in the game.) The usefulness of many pokemon hinges on whether their favorite moves are now physical or special.

I updated the Live Beta, perhaps it includes a fix now. If everyone can try it out and report back that would be great. I have a feeling that moves like Light Screen might be affected still.

hi, can you please reply me where i can find the link in your signature ??

lg zhen[/QUOTE]

okay so I cheated to get scizor to show up in the wild. the only cheat I used and after i defeat the slowbro rocket dudes kurt comes up and says hey lets go and then it restarts. what the heck?
Okay i loaded back up and even with my scizor it finally went to kurts place.
Im not cheating if I just get a scizor am i?
I feel like a loser :( but I dont even think you can get him legit can you?

Well some users are reporting pressing no buttons and it works. Although i never experienced this bug and have no idea of the cause just yet.

One more thing: I notice that the Onix "Rocky" always has the Timid nature? Is there any reason for it to have that nature? I mean, it's got to be one of the worst natures for an Onix...

Both Onix and Steelix have mediocre attack as it is and the cut from Timid makes them even worse. Plus, Steelix isn't exactly a Pokemon that will attack first very often, so a small boost to speed is pretty much pointless.

What about giving him a different nature, like Jolly or Adamant?

Could be done for the future. You could log it as a feature request on my database :)

LaZ, whenever any pokemon uses harden, the game freezes for me. I'm not using any cheats, and I have patched the correct ips correctly.

This is a new one, please log on the database (link in sig).

but im not playing with cheats on. im playing it on my wii

Thats probably why, the only emulator that works 100% is VBA 1.8.0 beta 3 located in my first post.

I'm confused on the storyline right now, unsure what to do.

Director of the teleportation device asked me to go onto the cave of wisdom. Ok, I do that, and the sign says yadda yadda beat em, don't die.. And so I fall down the hole. When I talk to the statues, it goes like lickitung level 63 and a dodrio lv 32 comes up, I kill it, and then the game just freezes. Can't press a, b, start, or directional. I already went into the Zane mansion with the giant table with the meeting. What do?

That occurred on your pre-prepared emulator as well.

Ah yes, the Hiker was blocking the cave for a reason. That event isn't finished and I must of forgotten to make him not disappear. The teleport guy is a side quest anyway linking the center to goldenrod.

0Howu dont know where is it, is so easy and pls make a list of the pokemon who evolves in trades and how they evolve, because i got confused

There is a list built into the game, you just need to find it.

I'm confused about the concept of a RC, could you explain?

I would like to add is also say this release was a good Christmas present.

The RC is a release candidate. It means the Final version with everything thats intended to be added in is there and present but might have bugs. The beta is unfinished and might have bugs hehe. Essentially the RC is before the final version.

LOL i found the teleport bug.
it teleported me to another reegion and i was like holy poop i havent even beat the goldenrod gym leader. and then i was smart and used the pokemart in lavendar town and then i teleported to newbark and it was crazy i tell you crazy.

Hehe I had a report of that before the release, yet never found the cause.

There is small bug in Azalea town, when you beat Zane in gym you can fight him over and over again becouse he reappeared every time you back to gym...

Thanks for this, please log it in the database.

In Cave Of Wisdom!It seem If you battle with pkmn...after that it will freeze...

Thanks, as i said above an unfinished side quest.

Wow why cant my Paras learn rock smash and why cant my Dragonite learn Earthquake?
Also i cant enter Elite four, there is invisible wall at doorway.

Live beta is fixed for EQ. Some other TMs might also be wrong, so if you end more please report them and i can fix them.

LAZ.I think you should make a fix beta and release it again...It had a lot of Error.
Cave Of Wisdom/Victory road.
bUT I played...There no more trainer who want battle with me...

No more trainers who will fight you, meaning?

The botched physical special split ruins this for me. If only because I found a shiny Rattata in Union Cave and the inability to attack things physically is sad. :c I'm going to pause my playing until it gets fixed.

It's a very well done hack though.

It does ruin it, try the latest Live Beta.

Hey so far so good for mee but i found a bit of bugs so thought should tell you about them:
The shops in Ecruteak and Voilet city are selling ????? items.
The guy standing on a small land spot to the right side of bell tower also sells ???? items
When I battled rival silver in the Azalea town his name was rival 0 instead of silver.
Is there no poke in first floor of union cave i mean the actual route of it?
The sprite of Professer Elm changes to a nerd in the event of Team saturn in his lab but changes after the event to his actual one( though he was looking cool in his actual sprite with his spikes visible wow)
The sign post nisible just after the outpost left of Ecruteak city could be crossed through it from left to right
ALSO MY MAIN QUESTION IS THAT WHERE IN THE GRASS IS MAREEP RESIDING. I have searched hours and hours for it in every grasss till olivine city for it but its not found. Where is it?

Thanks for the bugs, please log them in the database.

i was really looking forward to this but i keep getting a rom crash everytime i battle the rival (when u start)...i had this last time aswell :(

i have beaten red and then axel called me

what should i do next

I've been waiting years to play this game, but the massive amount of bugs sounds like it makes the game unplayable, so I'll wait a bit longer to download this. But a question, since the game has so many bugs will you just release a complete fix of this, or will you just update the live version or something ((I still have no idea how the live version works.))

I will probably update both versions so that all the new players get the latest updates. The live version is the one I'm actively working on. The release version is simply for archiving purposes, and as a transition for everyone to get used to live hacks in the future :)

This happened when i fished with super rod in Pallet town.

Not a big deal, felt like pointing it out though

Thanks, please log it to the database.

Hey! gr8 work LaZ & Zeikku... & of course the LC team... I respect your dedication & hard work in LC... BTW i'm new here as your hack attracted me to get regitered in PC... just wanna thank u guys... I downloaded the game & it is going fine for me so far...
One small thing isn't Earl suppose to be there outside the falkner(first) gym who leads u to his academy.
Have you guys thought of changing the intro video i.e. gengar vs nidoran in future beta or release...
I was just amazed by the graphic, scripting & music looping works in the game... Keep it up.
I will report for the bugs if i find any...

That Earl guy i forgot to add him. Very good find :)

lmao i did that 16 man challenge, i got 2 shards, when i looked in inventory, i had them, as soon as i got back up to land, they were gone. xD

other than that, great work on this hack, it is the bestest and most longest hack i have played thusfar.
this extended/new storyline is intriguing and lengthy :)
all the best from now until final release/fix

16 man challenge, it was meant to be 16 and the prize was supposed to be something else :P

This isnt really a bug so I didnt use the link in youre sig, but the fisherman in the Azalea Town pokecenter says Bills box can store up to 20 pokemon, when its really 30.
Also, are there supposd to be no wild pokemon on the first floor of Union Cave?

Good find too, thanks :)

I'm enjoying 3.1 loads!
But curious, what song is used for Zane's battle theme?
IT's amazing! :3

Its take up the cross from tales of phantasia.

LaZ, you said you are working on making a LC version compatible with Gpsp. Do you know when it is problably going to be ready, approximately? I sense if I play on my computer I'll not fully enjoy it because I always use the speed up xD On the phone there's no way to do it.
Thanks!

Well the current one *should* work ok. Give it a try and report anything back.

Back