• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2011
Restarted LeafGreen. Currently, I have a Bulbasaur, Pidgey and Rattata, and they are all training for the second rival battle. Today I might go to Viridian Forest, where I'll catch a Caterpie to train up. I am going to trade all my Pokes up to Lv.13-15 before I battle Brock.

I am going to restart Sapphire sometime soon too.

AsunaSakurai

The Goddess
Years
  • Age 32
  • NY
  • Seen Nov 28, 2007
welll i beat the elite 4 and the champion with level 40 pokemon in firered....nothing else to say

Daisuke33

The Ultimate Unreal Hero
Years
I restarted on FireRed a few days ago, and once again chose Charmander as my starter. After the errand for Oak, I trained my Charmander to lvl 10, then went to Viradin City to pick up some Poke'Balls and Potions, as well as an Antidote for the forest. I headed up to Viradin Forest and caught me some a sweet lvl 5 Pikachu :). And then I headed to Route 22 and caught me a Mankey for Brock's gym, and just keep it lol. Trained Pikachu, and Mankey to lvl 9, and challenged Gary. After I pwned him, I headed in the forest again caught a few pokemon for the PC, and battled some trainers. Got Charmander to lvl 13, Pikachu to lvl 12, and Mankey to lvl 12. Then I headed out of the forest got on Route 2 and got Charmander to lvl 14, then arrived in Pewter City.

Pewter City/Kanto Gym Battle #1

I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center, vistited the museum which I don't know why I always do lol, picked up an extra potion and headed to the gym. I pwned the junior trainer and headed to good old Brock. I challenged Brock, he send out Geodude, I used Pikachu to keep using Tail Whip to lower its defense, then switched to Mankey and low kick it death. Pikachu and Mankey raised in lvl to Pikachu lvl 13, and Mankey lvl 13. Next came his Onix, I switched out Mankey and switched to Charmander. Onix was a challenge for him but that did'nt him. I had Charmander leer him, then had him use Ember which burned him! Then I used a couple Metal Claws' and owned onix. I got my boulder badge and picked up some more potions at the shop and headed to Route 3 getting the running shoes as I went.

Route 3/Mt. Moon

Nothing special on this route battled the Mountain of trainers along the way, raised Charmander to lvl 16, Pikachu to lvl 14, as well as Mankey to 14. Then when I hit the grass I found myself a Male Nidoran! Score! lol. Caught it, it started at lvl 7 but with some wild pokemon battles got him to lvl 12 quickly. I got the berry near the PC, then headed into Mt. Moon. Being here brings back memories from the orignal Red and Yellow versions as well as the anime. Soon as I entered I got ambrused by a Zubat, caught it and moved on to pick up the items. Battled the trainers as usual, then got the Rare Candy, used it to raise Charmander up a lvl.

Now it was Charmander lvl 18, Pikachu lvl 16, Mankey lvl 16, and Nidoran lvl 15. After I owned the Rockets and battled the nerd for the fossil and like always I always pick the Helix Fossil ( because its better then Dome fossil lol), before I left my Nidoran evolved to Nidorino! but I did'nt want to use the Moon stone on him yet til he got higher in lvl. Afterwards I left Mt. Moon, and saved my game on Route 4.

Route 4/Cerulean City/Cerulean Cape

The usual nothing special here, got the moves Mega Punch, and Mega Kick from the blackbelts. I give Mega Kick to Charmander, and Mega Punch to Mankey. I caught me an Ekans for the PC and headed to Cerulean City. The one thing I missed from the original is the blue screen whenever i came here lol. Anyway sold and got some more balls, potions, and got a couple Palalyze Heals and Awakenings. Then got I headed to Cerulean Cape ( called that in G/S/C but it is Route 24 and Route 25. ) and battled Gary again. No need to tell you how it ended but my Pokemon were lvl raised.

Charmander lvl 21, Pikachu lvl 17, Mankey lvl 17, and Nidorino lvl 18. Owned the trainers on the bridge got the prize, and caught me a Oddish and Abra in the grass. I never liked oddish so I put it in my PC as well as abra. When I got to Route 25 I owned all the trainers got the Secert Power TM and headed to Bill's place. Did him the usual favor of helping him out of the costume and headed back to Cerulean City.

Going for the Dig/Kanto Gym Battle #2

When I got back to Cerulean City I when to the house on the right and battled the Rocket and got the Dig TM which I taught to Nidorino. Then I headed to the gym to fight Good old Misty. Pwned the trainers and headed to Misty. My stats now were: Charmander lvl 23, Pikachu lvl 20, Mankey 19, and Nidorino lvl 19. This battle was hard even with Pikachu! She send out Staryu first as always, and I send out Charmander. Now since I did this like with Brock you can tell I could careless for most type disadvantages XD. I made Charmander use Mega Kick and got Staryu's health down but he used Recover >_> so I kept using Mega Kick but he did'nt go down!

So I switched to Pikachu and used thundershock a couple times and pwned him. Then Misty send out Starmie, so I stuck with Pikachu, but starmie got the jump on me and used Water Pulse and owned my little Pikachu! So I switched back to Charmander and attempted a Mega Kick but Starmie went first again with Water Pulse and owned Charmander... then I switched for Mankey luckly I got the first hit with Mega Punch it got down alittle, then her Starmie used Swift, but mankey still stood so I used Karate Chop and got it to yellow but Starie used Water Pulse and owned Mankey now!

But he did what I intended, so I switched to Nidorino and used Poison Sting, and got him poisoned! It used Water pulse but it missed! XD So I used Dig, while he was in the red with poison. Misty did'nt even use a Super Potion, which meaned she knew she was about to be owned. So Dig hit the mark and Starmie went down! Finally! Got my well earned Casade Badge, and when to the PC, then the shop picked some Super potions and headed on to Route 5 and Vermillion City, but I saved first and took a break.

That's all for now, more soon ^^'.

Golden Arcanine

Arcanine Warlord
Years
well before i was going to fight Blaine in Fire Red i decided to pick up a Growlithe becuase its one of my fav pokemon so when i went to go get one i ran into a vew koffings then finally i got a growlithe becuase i have horrible random encounter luck but i notice something different about this one his fur was a different color so i used ultra balls on it not taking any chance on making it faint becuase back then i didnt know what shiny's where so i cught it after about five ultra balls and when i looked on the inter net i was very happy to find out i had found out that it was a shiny well technically i did know what a shiny is i just hadnt herd of it for so long i had foregotten about it so moral of the story stock up on poke,great,ultra,and more than two master balls.

PS
that growlithe is now a shiny level 100 Arcanine :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2011
Restarted Fire Red again yesterday.
Kept soft resetting by the guy selling a Magikarp until it was Adamant. Now at lv 18.
Ditched my lovely Squirtle unfortunately.
Also have lv 28 Nidorina (Quiet = cool) & after at least 2 hours found a Clefairy in Mt Moon. Suckish nature (+ Attack, - Defence = ouch) but I can't be bothered to search any longer. Clefairy now lv 23.
Just beat the trainers at the Cerulean Bridge.

Got myself a kick-ass Beedrill. I <3 bee pokemon.
Massacred the 4th gym leader with my Beedrill's Aerial Ace/Twineedle.
Caught myself a load of pokemon from safari park (Kangaskhan FTW)
Current team:

Nidorina lv 39 (Bite, Scratch, Thunderbolt, Double Kick)
Clefable lv 39 (Mega Punch, Moonlight, Cosmic Power, Sing)
Gyarados lv 39 (Twister, Return, Bite, Dragon Rage)
Beedrill lv 39 (Aerial Ace, Brick Break, Twineedle, Pursuit)

Beat Blaine with Hydro Pumping Gyarados.
Evolved Nidorina lv 53, after learning Crunch.
Currently on One Island, just beat the Moltres (I didn't want it).
Current team:

Nidoqueen lv 56 (Rock Slide, Crunch, Double Kick, Thunderbolt)
Clefable lv 56 (Cosmic Power, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Softboiled)
Gyarados lv 56 (Dragon Dance, Return, Hyper Beam, Hydro Pump)
Beedrill lv 56 (Brick Break, Twineedle, Aerial Ace, Agility)
And my Rock Smashing, Surfing, Strength Lapras, and my Cutting, flying Farfetch'd.

Don't double post. Just edit.

Person below me, mini-modding isn't cool D8

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Beat Blaine with Hydro Pumping Gyarados.
Evolved Nidorina lv 53, after learning Crunch.
Currently on One Island, just beat the Moltres (I didn't want it).
Current team:

Nidoqueen lv 56 (Rock Slide, Crunch, Double Kick, Thunderbolt)
Clefable lv 56 (Cosmic Power, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Softboiled)
Gyarados lv 56 (Dragon Dance, Return, Hyper Beam, Hydro Pump)
Beedrill lv 56 (Brick Break, Twineedle, Aerial Ace, Agility)
And my Rock Smashing, Surfing, Strength Lapras, and my Cutting, flying Farfetch'd.

Not only did you double post, you triple posted. There's an edit button at the bottom right of your post. Please read the rules and make it easier for moderators/administrators and other members to read.

I'm heading to Meteor Falls in my Emerald game with a 25 Grovyle, 25 Breloom, 24 Vigoroth and 23 Kirlia. I'm still wondering who else to train.

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2010
I just beat Brawly and went through the evil that is Granite Cave and finished the muesem. My pokemon need real training because all of them are at Level 12 - 14

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2011
Sorry about DPing. It won't happen again.

I just beat the Elite Four! It was epic fun. My Pokemon were about lv 60 and being Crushed by Bruno because Hydro Pump missed 5 times in a row (ouch). Nidoqueen was my last Pokemon left, against Machamp. I stalled it long enough to Max Revive Gyarados, Clefable & Beedrill. Aerial Acing Beedril FTW.

Crunching, Tbolting Nidoqueen pwned Agatha (along with Earthquaking Gyarados for Arbok).

And then my battle against Lance was delicious. Tbolting Nidoqueen for Gyarados, then Clefable came in to play against Dragonair. Dragonair Twaved which was a pretty big hindrance whilst I was trying to Cosmic Power up. It kept using Outrage which after 5 cosmic powers took about 10 HP away, then my Clefable Softboiled, and swept the Dragonairs, Dragonite & Aerodactyl with Ice Beam.

Gary was boring. Just brought out type advantages for an easy win.

Now I'm on Five Island, after obtaining the passwords for the warehouse and receiving the National Dex from Oak.

Current team:
Nidoqueen lv 65 (Crunch, Thunderbolt, Double Kick, Rock Slide)
Clefable lv 64 (Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Cosmic Power, Softboiled)
Beedrill lv 65 (Twineedle, Agility, Aerial Ace, Brick Break)
Gyarados lv 64 (Dragon Dance, Hydro Pump, Earthquake, Return)
Farfetch'd (HM slave)
Lapras (HM slave - now with Waterfall aswell)

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
After many months of soft resettting, my quests on FR and LG have begun once more.

You see, over the past few months, I've been soft resetting for shiny Bulbasaur and shiny Squirtle on FireRed and LeafGreen respectively. On November 24th, I got my shiny Bulbasaur and started my adventure on that game. And just four hours ago, I got a shiny Squirtle on LG.

I've progressed quite a bit on FR. As of right now, I have three badges, and I'm SRing for a shiny Lapras. All I have is my shiny Bulbasaur in my party, which is at level 46, and the rest of my team (the members that actually battle) are in the mid-to-low 30's.

As for LG, I haven't even gone past Viridian City. Even though I got my shiny Squirtle at around 5 PM, I was too busy posting on other forums, telling others of my new acquisition, and just playing really slowly, up until about 7 PM, when I had to leave home for basketball practice. I just got back home, and I'm training my shiny Squirtle to level 14 before I beat my rival and move on to Viridian City.

Years
Yesterday I finally caught Mewtwo in Leaf Green. After many epic, but fruitless, battles it finally came down to a quick one where I used only 3 ultra balls! Now I'm trying to decide if I want to get a Game Shark and go to Eight and Nine Island.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 7, 2015
I finally beat Emerald's Eliete four, now I need to prepare for the Battle Frontier challenge.

Jamie006

Old School Pokémaster
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 18, 2008
Well, I have just started a new game in LG, and I'll update you every now and then as to how Charmander and I are doing.

Isaac Gravity

Supports hot-bloodedness
Years
After a seemingly endless amounts of breeding in Emerald I finally have the party of babies within my IV range and purpose fulfillment. Now I'm currently EV training each of them, starting with HP needs.

I might take a break from all of that to TRY and catch a Nosepass and steal a dragon scale from a wild Horsea to evolve my Seadra so I can finally finish my Hoenn dex...

Last edited:

Jamie006

Old School Pokémaster
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 18, 2008
OK, at this point, my team and I have beaten Brock and are out on Route 3. I only have three Pokemon that I am using in battle, those being Charmander (L15), Pikachu (L11), and Butterfree (L12). I'm going to get Pikachu and Butterfree up to level 15 before evolving Charmander, though.

The battle with Brock went surprisingly well. Butterfree took out Geodude with no trouble, and did some serious damaga to Onix before she fainted due due Rock Tomb. Charmander followed up with two Metal Claw attacks to take Onix out.

Necrono

perfect day.
Years
Each and every time I played the game using the fire-starter, I finished Brock using ONLY Charmeleon's EMBER. I beat Misty using Charmeleon and Gyarados or was it Butterfree I used. :S

Jamie006

Old School Pokémaster
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 18, 2008
Well, I have reached Cerulean City. However, I don't plan on challenging Misty quite yet as I don't think my team is capable of handling her at this point. I'll try heading up to Bill's house first, getting experience (and an Abra) along the way. I currently have a level 18 Charmeleon, level 18 Pikachu, level 17 Nidoqueen (thanks to the Moon Stone from Mt. Moon), and a level 17 Butterfree, which I'm mainly keeping so I can use Sleep Powder on Abra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back