• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Chrome

Where/When should Beta 1.0 End?

• The Second Gym

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • The Third Gym

Votes: 51 46.8%
  • Come on! Just release it now!

Votes: 29 26.6%
  • I honestly don't care.

Votes: 12 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years

You've been waiting, and it's here!

The signpost is done, and completely running on an individual ROM. The last step is to insert it into Chrome, and that's it!

s5ismp.png

(Max is my name, just so ya know ;))

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years

The signpost is done, and completely running on an individual ROM. The last step is to insert it into Chrome, and that's it!

s5ismp.png

wth..!
you outdone yourself again..
coolio..,i love the fucntion..xD..
and imo,the text space between the first and second sentence vice vera,
i mean the two lines like are too closed to gether,and the test is small abit..lol,just wat im thinking.

Years

s5ismp.png

Graphics-wise, it's ugly. The text is hardly readable and the actual signpost looks like something from the original Gameboy. It's awesome how you inserted and all, but...graphics, yeah.

Shiny Quagsire

Years
Graphics-wise, it's ugly. The text is hardly readable and the actual signpost looks like something from the original Gameboy. It's awesome how you inserted and all, but...graphics, yeah.

Yes, that was more of temporary font so I could tell if the text loaded properly or not. I'll have to get my spriter to work on that....

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with Spherical Ice here, the text is aweful.
The signpost itself doesn't really look that bad in my opinion, but can you change the background to another color besides super-ultra-omega-hot pink? lol

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2011
So, this signpost thing you've made, it will "pop up" and cover the screen when you read a signpost in the game? That's really cool!

Shiny Quagsire

Years
So, this signpost thing you've made, it will "pop up" and cover the screen when you read a signpost in the game? That's really cool!

Yup, pretty much :)

As of now, I'm fighting a virus, my sign's pallet won't load, and I've been trying to work on the storyline a bit. Once I can get onto my computer without t freezing, I'll post some screenshots ;)

Shiny Quagsire

Years
Wow! Has it really been almost a month since an update?! :O Here's a neat one for you guys ;)

Update!

The beta is coming along well, and it is still being tested by my awesome beta testers.In case your wondering, it's not another signpost update, :p

The Beta's Are Being Tested!

That's right! My beta testers are recieving betas today! After they test them, I will release the first beta: Beta 1.0. It goes up to the first gym, and displays most of it's time features.

The Signposts are Up!

I've finally inserted the signpost into the game after some gruesome research. It was a pain, but I figured it out!
o60605.png

Timely Events in Scripting, and Other Places you Wouldn't Even Guess!

Quite a heading there! :p

Alright, I've had these for a while, and I can't even believe I haven't show you. I've made Nurse Joy, like in G/S, give you a proper salutation according to the time of day!

16iwozd.png

2lndeus.png

I've also added seasonal changes to the world map! Ain't it pretty :)

Spring
29wtuzn.png

Summer
2m3fes2.png

Fall
24azw54.png

Winter
x1hjlk.png

Yeah, I couldn't quite get the winter's roads right...

That's all for this update! Feel free to comment on anything!

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
This is just absolutely brillient! However I do have a suggestion, maybe you could have the world map pallette of Summer more of a blueish green. Because the pallettes of Summer and Spring look exactly the same, so it would be hard to tell the difference. :x

This real time clock has the months as well as the days and the weeks. I sure am gonna play it when it gets released, this hack just makes me tempted even more. xD

And even that signpost looks nice as well, however I do have a suggestion on the signpost though, you might want to blend in the colours more so it doesn't look as if it's the same as the one in Pokémon Prism.

Years
wow this is a very nice hack and i LOVE the updates :)
seasonal changes to the map and the game i didnt think it was possible...YOUR AMAZING!!!!!!
i cant wait for the beta :D

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years
The sign post looks awesome! And how did you make the seasons? Like them change and stuff. I can't wait to play.

*Looks for a support bar I like*

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
Years
The world map could be better. You still have not changed the head in the world map. Whats that little yellow line below the big lake? I seriously can't wait to play this game during a rainy day!

Shiny Quagsire

Years
The world map could be better. You still have not changed the head in the world map. Whats that little yellow line below the big lake? I seriously can't wait to play this game during a rainy day!

I honestly don't know what that line is :p And the reason for the head is because I haven't got a new overworld to replace the head with.

Also, there is not a poll for where the first beta should end!

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years
You forgot one; Anywhere! As long as its good! :P

I personally prefer hacks that go further than 1 gym. So 2 or three. 2 if it will be released earlier.

Shiny Quagsire

Years
You forgot one; Anywhere! As long as its good! :P

I personally prefer hacks that go further than 1 gym. So 2 or three. 2 if it will be released earlier.

I think I might just go to about two gyms. The events up to the first gym don't last too long, so I'm probably going to finish off the first base of land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back