• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource [COMPLETED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
This is a commendable project. Somehow, the art in later gens is much better than in 3rd gen (I cringe at the RSE Gyarados sprites for example), so when it's all done I'll gladly replace all the sprites in my ROMs with yours, just for the sake of it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Bet you weren't expecting another update this fast!
640_zps1d46db24.png

641_zpsc9d27e3c.png

642_zpscdafd324.png

Credit to Wiznatts for the Escavalier front sprite.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
643_zpsf3cf0bf1.png

644_zpsf12600e9.png

Whoa! So that long wait was for an update fury?
No, the long wait was for the Sawbuck forms. Then I decided I want to get Gen V over with, so then Jambo51 can have a full set of sprites to work with for his 649 hack thing, and then I'll be free to do all the Kanto sprites for my own hack.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2017
Thank you for all the good work on this. I'm curious, how will you fit Thundurus-Therian in? Its proportions are tricky as hell...

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
Chaos may I use your Sprites you edited? I could really use these, they are well done, i will end up recoloring them to my ominous palette to go along with my story,and credit WILL be given to you :O?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
@The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D

This is in Pixel Projects thread so those sprites are open for public.

@Chaos Rush

I'm not pushing you but, any updates? I'm waiting for those sprites for my Pokemon B/W GBA version.
Thanks anyway.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Chaos may I use your Sprites you edited? I could really use these, they are well done, i will end up recoloring them to my ominous palette to go along with my story,and credit WILL be given to you :O?
Of course you can use them! If I didn't want people to use them, then why would I even post this thread?

I'm not pushing you but, any updates? I'm waiting for those sprites for my Pokemon B/W GBA version.
Thanks anyway.
Don't worry, Unova sprites are coming, and are top-priority. My ROM hack (DarkViolet) is on a temporary hiatus while I finish all the Unova sprites.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Of course you can use them! If I didn't want people to use them, then why would I even post this thread?

Don't worry, Unova sprites are coming, and are top-priority. My ROM hack (DarkViolet) is on a temporary hiatus while I finish all the Unova sprites.

Great job with this, I have a question though. Are you going to work on any of the Hoenn Sprites soon as well? Personally, I'm Only waiting for Seviper & Manetric, but obviously you're not going to stop whichever sprites you're working on now just to sprite those two. So I'm asking when is the Hoenn Pokemon in general gonna be sprited. Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2017
Great job with this, I have a question though. Are you going to work on any of the Hoenn Sprites soon as well? Personally, I'm Only waiting for Seviper & Manetric, but obviously you're not going to stop whichever sprites you're working on now just to sprite those two. So I'm asking when is the Hoenn Pokemon in general gonna be sprited. Thanks.

There was a Seviper somewhere...I think someone published it on Tajaros's old thread, into an archive with other sprites.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Even though it's a small update, just think how far you were in Pokemon Black/White when you first saw this guy...
645_zps7ce0310d.png

I am focusing on Unova sprites right now. After that, then I'm focusing on Kanto sprites. Karatekid552 is helping with Hoenn sprites, I will assemble them into sheets soon enough. Be patient.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
Thank you Chaos Rush for make this Thread... This help a lot of all GBA rom hackers... If someone from here want a music DE or RE make's... Come to thread by link in my Signature. Chaos Rush... I can use your sprites into my hack? Also (I ask all ripers) Who can make an YVELTAL and XERNEAS sprites in GBA format? It would be nice.

Archeops

Pixel artist and hack player
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Alright, this project is coming along really nicely! I don't really know how I could help out, but I'm just saying I'm not too fond of Archeops's backsprite myself. As far as I know, Archeops never fold their wings in, instead always having them spread out like arms (Pokédex 3D and the anime prove my points).

Last edited:
Years
I just want to say that this project is a God-send for us hackers that have no artistic skill. Keep up the fantastic work, and you are greatly appreciated.

Edit: This might just be me being stupid but how do we save the files linked on the OP? When I click save link as it saves an html file or something, and when I go to Photobucket and click download it says the pictures have been moved...

Edit again: ...Apparently it only does this on some...Victini and Servine take you to the correct page, for example, while Snivy does not...

Last edited:
Years
Seconding the thank-you. I wish I could help in some way, but alas, I'm terrible at spriting.

^Try copying and pasting the "direct link".

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
I just want to say that this project is a God-send for us hackers that have no artistic skill. Keep up the fantastic work, and you are greatly appreciated.

Edit: This might just be me being stupid but how do we save the files linked on the OP? When I click save link as it saves an html file or something, and when I go to Photobucket and click download it says the pictures have been moved...

Edit again: ...Apparently it only does this on some...Victini and Servine take you to the correct page, for example, while Snivy does not...

It's because you should use save image as.

Not, save link as... ;)

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
646_zps2512327a.png

To make the backsprites I actually angled Jellicent from behind in Pokedex 3D Pro, and then made a sketch based on what I saw. Never thought my 3DS XL would come in handy for this!

Years
Thanks for the responses guys. As it turns out, my computer is stupid. I clicked on the link for each sprite between one and a couple dozen times, and each finally took me to the right page...but all the other times it took me to photobook instead of the direct link...idk what's going on but I finally got what I needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back