• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Pokémon Trading Card Game Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
THAT MOMENT WHEN YOU GO TO A POKEMON LEAGUE
AND THE STORE WAS CLOSED DOWN A YEAR AGO!

Seriously, why do people never edit the status of their leagues on the Pokemon.com Site?

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
My friend invited me to a tournament taking place in a few weeks. Made the same deck I use on TCGO, Yveltal because i just love his art work <3, Had to buy some extra cards as I won't use my set cards for a tourny.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Idk if its just me, but i buy the expensive cards to swag out my deck so i can play them. Its probably because i dont plan on selling them later. Also seeing that most of the cards that i own are worth a lot less than they were originally gives me even less reason to want to preserve my cards.

Then again im more about playing then am i about collecting.

Years
My friend invited me to a tournament taking place in a few weeks. Made the same deck I use on TCGO, Yveltal because i just love his art work <3, Had to buy some extra cards as I won't use my set cards for a tourny.

Awesome, man. Which kind of tournament is it? A League Challenge one?

Idk if its just me, but i buy the expensive cards to swag out my deck so i can play them. Its probably because i dont plan on selling them later. Also seeing that most of the cards that i own are worth a lot less than they were originally gives me even less reason to want to preserve my cards.

Then again im more about playing then am i about collecting.

Please say you sleeve them at least. It's making my collector side cry just at the thought of playing without sleeves.

THAT MOMENT WHEN YOU GO TO A POKEMON LEAGUE
AND THE STORE WAS CLOSED DOWN A YEAR AGO!

Seriously, why do people never edit the status of their leagues on the Pokemon.com Site?

People who forget about their leagues tend to be busy with not-league things, while leagues that still are running can be too busy running to update and thus forget to renew their status for their benefits.

It's also possible that store is in a different location and the league info hasn't updated the address because the store has all their mail forwarded to the new location.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Obviously i sleeve them. If not they dont shuffle well anyway. Plus adding nice sleeves are even more fun. These are my current sleeves.

joltik_original.jpg

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Yeh just a League Challenge. Be my first one actually. Going with my Yveltal/Garb deck. It needs an update for the FF set inclusion but so far only have a seismitoad Full art and there is no way I'm using that in my deck haha.

Years
I have a place around my area but I never been there. I am kinda shy to go and haven't touched my physical cards in AGES. Honestly I prefer the online game due to quick organization.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I dislike the online version compared to physical. Online people dont care about the game, all they want to do is win. So if they are doing bad or get a bad hand they just give up after like 1 or 2 turns.

Years
I dislike the online version compared to physical. Online people dont care about the game, all they want to do is win. So if they are doing bad or get a bad hand they just give up after like 1 or 2 turns.

The relative anonymity of it is what makes people prone to dropping. Happens in all sorts of online games and unfortunately this one isn't an exception.

If only TPCI allowed reporting people for being poor sports and dropping as soon as they think the matchup is unfavorable. It's not like there's a freaking ELO rating in TCGO that losing would impact!

Years
The relative anonymity of it is what makes people prone to dropping. Happens in all sorts of online games and unfortunately this one isn't an exception.

If only TPCI allowed reporting people for being poor sports and dropping as soon as they think the matchup is unfavorable. It's not like there's a freaking ELO rating in TCGO that losing would impact!

It might have been a beta feature or something from a while ago, or maybe even something from a different game entirely, but I seem to remember that there was something implemented so that if you drop out frequently, you're more likely to be paired up with someone else who drops out, and if you drop out less frequently, you're more likely to be paired with someone else who drops out less frequently. Of course considering how long I've had to wait sometimes for a match-up, I get the impression that there's never an extremely large pool of people waiting for games to choose from, so that system wouldn't necessarily work all that well except during high-traffic times anyway. Maybe I'll have to pay attention to that, see if I get more drop outs when I'm waiting longer for matches.

What I hate even more though is the people who sit there forever and do just enough to keep from timing out so that you eventually give up and leave.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 2, 2020
Hi, wasn't sure were to post this. I was wondering if anyone knows a good place to buy old Pokemon cards in complete sets in a binder. I know troll and toad and collectors catch do, but they never have the ones I want to buy and buying them individually can get expensive. Amazon and ebay can be over a hundred dollars and they are not in correct order ex. base set was only 102/102 but some listings include some jungle and fossils to make 151/151. Any phisical stores like thrifts, collecting, hobby, or comics would be appreciated, but online can work too. Maybe a binder swop? Thanks.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
So I have a tournament tomorrow. Using my Yveltal deck as always, really hoping I don't come up against a seismitoad deck. I always lose to them. I will get some PF packs as well so can't wait to open them up.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Hmm im not sure what deck i want to build now... Im getting a little bored of the 3 decks i have atm. Kyurem/Deoxys, VirGen, and Shiftry.

I also currently cant build anything with lucario, or landorus.

I might do steel balloons, but i just dont think that deck can run without the energy acceleration of next set.

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
I might do steel balloons, but i just dont think that deck can run without the energy acceleration of next set.

I've actually tried your steel balloons deck online
Its pretty powerful... sadly I didn't get much of a challenge because my fail decks have lowered my ranking so much

BTW Regular cobalion is awesome. now only if you could combine it with laser and dragalgae to ruin your oppenent :P

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Really. i havent had a chance to build it online. Any improvements needed?

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
Really. i havent had a chance to build it online. Any improvements needed?

Definitely bronzong from the new set is needed. I keep having to discard energy a lot for the sake of healing and retreating, and 3 steel energy is no easy feat to get out

EDIT: Driphloon is now being given out on the prize wheel. Now is the time to make this deck online

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I already got my box. Walmart broke the street date.

So i rebuilt the steel balloons deck now with dialga and battle compressor. Its pretty fast and utterly destroys mewtwo/seismitoad decks.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
Moving away from the TCGO for a bit, is anyone planning on picking up Phantom Forces boosters on Wednesday?
Waiting on my box.

I finally found a league in Charlotte I can go with, but I really want to use Phantom Forces's disruption tools/supporters with my Speed Pyroar deck. Sadly, decks are only 60 cards, so it's been a challenge merging ideas.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I'm looking to go to the Asheville League in NC when I move over there in the future. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back