• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 30, 2023
the beta 2 isnt working for me, im using window vista and all it says is that it cant run with my selected theme, and then it changes automatically and wont play the rom...
can someone help me?

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
the beta 2 isnt working for me, im using window vista and all it says is that it cant run with my selected theme, and then it changes automatically and wont play the rom...
can someone help me?

The theme changes when i play also, how about you download another pokemon ruby from a different website, then use Lips to patch, then check if it works. it should work

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 30, 2023
should it work without changing my vista theme, and also when it said that last time, my theme never did change, just my desktop items began flickering.

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
should it work without changing my vista theme, and also when it said that last time, my theme never did change, just my desktop items began flickering.

Ok, the pokemon ruby base rom i got was from cool rom, so, on google, type "cool rom" download the pokemon ruby and patch, i guarantee it will work, well i hope so. oh, and about the theme, right click on desktop, personalize, then click theme, change it to windows vista, now try to play your game.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 30, 2023
Thats where i download most of my roms, i got all my poke games there, i changed my theme too and nothing is working, it still says i need to change theme and it still white frames on me right before title screen, think someone could send me a sav file of the game and i could just jump start it?

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Thats where i download most of my roms, i got all my poke games there, i changed my theme too and nothing is working, it still says i need to change theme and it still white frames on me right before title screen, think someone could send me a sav file of the game and i could just jump start it?

Oops, sorry, i just tried it myself and it turned white also, but i have two ruby roms and when i tried the other one, the game worked, I'll give you the website where i found the correct ruby rom, on google, type "pokemon ruby download rom" go to page 2 and click the website that says "rom freaks" the correct ruby base rom is there, i would post the website on here but i cant because i need 15 posts before i can put hyperlinks.

Last edited:

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
i just downloaded the new beta 2, and it has a different beginning than the older light platinum, and i just realized that...should have downloaded this a long time ago, now I'm looking forward to playing this tomorrow.

Years
This is a good ROM Hack, the second beta ends after you get the fourth badge in Dardusk City just so you know. I believe the beta most likely will be finished by the end of next month or March since it does take a lot of work on this kind of thing.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
Congratulations on getting so far/completing the hack, It looks amazing, I can't wait till the english version comes out! :)
That Charizard backsprite looks awesome.

Chronic*Chrone

Chronicles*Of*Chrone
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
YES !
the TRAiLER is out so it means that the final beta is almost released too ! :D
i can't wait !

this is sooo exciting !
i just hope they release the english version the same day they release the final beta !

anyways , nice work , i just can't wait
i NEED TO PLAY iT NOW ! :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2023
wow awsome

well...u could put the real pokemons sounds on the new ones...

but looks good anyway, im portuguese so i dont worry about a english version :P

Years
YES !
the TRAiLER is out so it means that the final beta is almost released too ! :D
i can't wait !

this is sooo exciting !
i just hope they release the english version the same day they release the final beta !

anyways , nice work , i just can't wait
i NEED TO PLAY iT NOW ! :D

You realize that it still needs to be translated? That could take a while.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I think the names of other people & towns/cities should be changed as well. Fore example, Snowce City doesn't sound too attractive. Prof. Jasmine can stay, but Kaohri definetely has to be changed. That's what I think.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
could someone help me? I patched this game but when I try to play it I get a white screen and nothing else. (yes, I know how to patch rom hacks)

Back