• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tile Inserting, The Easy Way!

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years

Introduction

I'm going to show you how to tile insert using a method that I've adopted by using some of paint's less known features.

What You'll Need

• Advanced Map (A-Map)
  • Paint
  • A positive attitude

Instructions

1. Open A-Map
    Spoiler:
  2. Open the map with the tileset you want to destr-- err... I mean change
    Spoiler:
  3. Click on the puzzle piece
  4. Go to the palette that most resembles your tile's colour or to the palette with the colours you want to change it to
    Spoiler:
  5. Now go Picture>Save Tileset 2 (or 1 if you're editing the default tileset)
    Spoiler:
  6. Open your tileset and tile with paint
    Spoiler:
  7. Paste your tile into the tileset
    Spoiler:
  8. Click on the eyedropper
    Spoiler:
  9. Left click on your tile's colour
    Spoiler:
  10. Click on the eyedropper again
  11. Right click on the colour that resembles the tile most or the colour you want to change it to
    Spoiler:
  12. Click on the eraser
    Spoiler:
  13. Hold control and press + - to resize your eraser to the size of the tile (or the size you want but resizing the eraser to the size of the tile is faster)
    Spoiler:
  14. Hold the right button and drag the eraser across the tile (or just right click if it's bigger than the tile)
    Spoiler:
  15. Repeat steps 8-14 until you recoloured your whole tile
    Spoiler:
  16. Open A-Map again and click load tileset 2 (again 1 if you're editing the default tileset)
    Spoiler:
  17. Check in A-Map if the tile looks like the tile in paint
    Spoiler:
  18. Voila, you have just inserted your first tile!

Keynotes

I hope this tutorial helps anybody who doesn't know how to tile insert or if it helps out the seasoned tile inserter that wants an alternative way to tile insert. If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to post below.

Credits

• Luho- For A-Map
  • Wesley FG- Tiles

Last edited:
Years
WOHOOOOOOH!!! That eraser thing is just awesome! I knew of its existence, but never knwe you could use it like that! Thanks for showing me this awesome ultra fast recoloring method.

Aljam

Years
WOHOOOOOOH!!! That eraser thing is just awesome! I knew of its existence, but never knwe you could use it like that! Thanks for showing me this awesome ultra fast recoloring method.

you're welcome and I hope it helps you with your hack.;)

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
you could also do this with the i-view indexer and palette editor...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Wow, this is probably the easiest tile inserting tutorial I've ever seen.

Once I get a laptop and re-add everything, I'll be sure to try this.
Thanks~

Aljam

Years
I ment that irfanview(i-view) could index and pallete edit. sorry for being unclear.

Thats OK. I think I tried doing that, but my palettes were weird so I fooled around in paint and found out this method XD

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
Statement: This helps so many who have tile Inserting problems. I was considering making a tut like this, but I am glad you beat me to it, as you have explained it well. I didn't know the eraser thing, but I prefer doing it the slow way, so I know I have done it and not forget.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
also If you have a program that can change it from RBG color to indexed color, just change the image to insedxed color and drop you picture in. The program will automatically adjust the colors to the closest one in the pallette.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
yea they alwais apear green

Query: Did you recolour them to fit the other tiles' colour? you need to recolour the new tiles with the colour of the tileset, did you do that? If so, something has gone wrong...

Years
I have a question I am helping a friend and He needs a house into the rom he is makeing and I have no idea how to put the house to the rom it is not in the tileset And he keeps on telling me to read this and it does not help and if it helps i have 3 types of the house a Gif, Png, and a Jpeg But I really need to put this in the rom is there anyway to do this???

Thanks,
Brandon

Aljam

Years
I have a question I am helping a friend and He needs a house into the rom he is makeing and I have no idea how to put the house to the rom it is not in the tileset And he keeps on telling me to read this and it does not help and if it helps i have 3 types of the house a Gif, Png, and a Jpeg But I really need to put this in the rom is there anyway to do this???

Thanks,
Brandon

Well, go with the png version because it has the best quality out of the 3. Why doesn't this help you out? I've tried to explain this tut as easily as possible.

Years
Well what I am trying to say is that Onyx79 asked me to insert a house that is not in the rom or in any of the tile set's and what I am trying to say is how do I put something in the rom that is not in it because I ether need it into a .pal file and or a .Bid File and what file can I use to load it into the rom Because I really need this house inserted into the rom!!!

Thanks,
Brandon

Aljam

Years
Well what I am trying to say is that Onyx79 asked me to insert a house that is not in the rom or in any of the tile set's and what I am trying to say is how do I put something in the rom that is not in it because I ether need it into a .pal file and or a .Bid File and what file can I use to load it into the rom Because I really need this house inserted into the rom!!!

Thanks,
Brandon

Oh.... OK. You simply open advanced map, look for a tileset with enough space, and copy the tile (in this case, the house) into your tileset. It's all explained in the tut for you, if you read it.

Years
thanks alot, this is a simple and easy tutorial to follow, thanks :)
i CAN get my tiles to appear in the certain palette viewer(image 17 in your tutorial,it is where your tile is), but they do not appear in the actual place where you map them, or in the place where you view what tiles you have (in the block editor).
please help, thanks.
PM me about it if you like

Back