• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Zapdos, Moltres or Articuno

Your favorite

• Total voters

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
Articuno is the superior
ec20fb7f.gif

DBKHD

Elite Saiyan
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 5, 2022
Eh, I like them all equally. But I would use Zapdos more often because it's the only powerful Electric type Pokémon in the original games and FR/LG. You have more powerful Fire and Ice types non-legendaries out there that are just as good as Moltres and Articuno.

Years
I love them all and I usually caught all of them before the E4, but my favorite would be Zapdos followed closely by Moltres and then Articuno.

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Aug 28, 2014
My favourite is by far Articuno, in terms of both aesthetics and the fact that it is the only pokemon that can learn an aiming move (Mind Reader) and a One-Hit KO move (Sheer Cold)... spells death to nearly any pokemon in two turns

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Has to be Articuno. I do have a liking for ice types, and Articuno has a good array of moves. I think Articuno was the easiest to catch of the 3; Zapdos was the most annoying one to catch.

KirbyX

Veteran Pokemon Master
Years
I just absolutely love Zapdos and Articuno, Zapdos has the best In-Battle Performance, and Articuno is just gorgeous, Moltres does have the highest Psychical Attack, but that's about it, I haven't acquired any of the three yet so far in FR / LG but this post reminded me and now I can't wait :)

Sirfetch’d

This was no contest! Articuno is my absolute favorite legendary of all time and this poll is no exception. It is just an elegant bird that I adore. I always use it on my play throughs if possible ever since originally using it in Blue!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
Articuno would be my favorite, beautiful design plus a chilling look.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
I love Articuno. It's color scheme and typing make for a lovely bird. One of my favorites.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
250px-145Zapdos.png

my favorite is Zapdos. Along with Articuno and Moltres, it is one of the three legendary birds of Kanto.I like it too much cause Zapdos is an avian Pokémon with predominantly yellow plumage. Black rings encircle its eyes, and it has a long, thin, light orange beak. Its wings and tail are a mass of spiky feathers, with black feathers covering the back of its wings and inner tail feathers. A large crest of spiked feathers surrounds its head. Its thighs are a khaki color, and it has anisodactyl feet ending in talons.
When Zapdos flaps its glittering wings, it releases electricity that can potentially cause thunderstorms. It causes cause massive crackling and snapping sounds when it flies; these are attributed to the lightning bolts sheds when airborne. When stricken by lightning, it gains power. Zapdos reportedly appears only during thunderstorms, and is said to live among thunderclouds. However, it is rarely seen. It has really great spiky wings. And an awesome design with great looking face. It is a cool Pokemon. And I first caught it in my life in Leaf green by a Ultraball. well it was properly hard for me to catch it. Zapdos made its first true appearance in The Power of One. Lawrence III wanted to capture the three legendary birds as well as their master Lugia.

251px-Zapdos_M02.png

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
Zapdos by far.

Articuno is too girly and isn't of much use.

There's never a need for Moltres when you can have a Charizard.

Zapdos is the only really useful one, plus it looks amazing!

Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 31, 2013
Catch all of them!
I prefer Zapdos because Electric/Flying is a great combo and it has great Sp. Atk and Speed.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Articuno, it was the only one I caught back then and the only legendary I had caught on Leafgreen too; I should probably pick up that game again and catch everything else...

Zapdos! Drill Peck and Thunderbolt combo!

Woow FrozenZX great Thunder bolt and Drill pack ? good. And Erubbu Articno is a great looking well designed Pokemon good choice.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
Zapdos is the clear-cut favorite for me, and my favorite Pokemon until Gen 2 came along. What a great paradox that a bird could be Electric! Not to mention that Zap was one of the best competitive Pokemon in Gen 1 that wasn't Mewtwo. No double weaknesses, and one that can actually use its balanced stats as a result. I love the design, movepool and overall usage of Zapdos.

Zapdos was my Flyer and the only Legendary I caught in Blue when I was 8. Looking back, the Red/Blue sprite for Zapdos was really ugly looking! It looks so much better in the newer games.

I had a Lv.100 Zapdos in Blue and two Lv.100 Zapdos from FireRed and XD: Gale of Darkness. I have won many Battle Frontier medals in Emerald using Zapdos as my main.

Articuno and Moltres are great designs themselves, but they cannot compare to Zapdos.

Back