• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If any generations ever felt cut off from past one's they're proably 3 and/or 5, 3 as we couldn't capture some of our favorite gen 1-2 mons (and it had a lack of transfer from gen 2) and 5 because of the lack of evolutions, pre evolutions, and overall lack of previous Pokémon (in the original pairs of both generations that is). Really making the game have multidirectional movement won't make it feel apart from the rest imo.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2013
whether or not the storyline is roughly the same if there isn't grid based movement it won't feel like a main series game for me

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
We should proably get used to change if we hope for GF to really change the series. Personally I'm of the opinion that they change the games a little (but not just graphically of course) at a time.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Bring on the change! In this day and age, if franchises and businesses don't change at least a little bit, then they get thrown to the wayside. I think that these graphical changes were to be expected, and I fully embrace them! I remember being a kid and talking to my friends about Nintendo making a 3D Pokemon game for a future handheld console...and now the future is here! Now if they could balance out some of these game mechanics.....

Years
I sure hope so. Mystery Dungeon got a demo, so having a demo to the completion of the first Gym would be nice. Then purchasers can pick up their game from there once it comes out officially. Kind of like a head start.

I would prefer if it showed a bit less off and it was more similar to the Spaceworld demo of Gold. We download the demo with a pokemon already given to us (Lv 7 Pikachu or something?) and get a limited time to explore the first town and route.

Regardless I think we'd be lucky to receive any sort of demo, it's not a traditional strategy for Pokemon and demos usually tend to hinder most games.

Guy

just a guy
Years
All this talk about change, I say bring it on. The graphics have changed immensely even from what we had in B/W/B2/W2, and I'm loving every bit of it. In order to grow, GameFreak has to improve, change, and adapt to the fit modern gaming technology. At its core, it's still going to be the same as every other game in the main series. You begin with a starting Pokémon, catch new ones, collect eight badges, stop the evil villains, and become the new champion. So I'm fine with more improvements to the overall game-play experience.

What about Australia (Melbourne) time?
11am in Melbourne.

Akatsuki Ten

As It Is
Years
I was just thinking last night that they ought to remove the Pokemon cry and replace it with how they actually speak in the anime. And as for the legendaries, the ones that had the ability to talk can actual interact with the character. I just thought it would be a cool idea.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
I was just thinking last night that they ought to remove the Pokemon cry and replace it with how they actually speak in the anime. And as for the legendaries, the ones that had the ability to talk can actual interact with the character. I just thought it would be a cool idea.

Eh. I'd be rather hesitant to support this idea.

I do agree with changing the cries, however. They've always sounded a little mechanical to me. Instead of replacing them with the anime cries, which I suppose technically shouldn't be counted as canon, I would suggest updated, more realistic versions of their original cries.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Indeed. I'd say at this point that the more twists to the usual formula, the better.

I agree with you, Pokéstick, and that is why I think that GameFreak might eventually introduce dual-type moves or something like that. After all, the folks at GameFreak have probably had plenty of time to work out the mechanic's formula if they were originally going to implement it alongside Scald but couldn't figure out how exactly they could do it at that time. However, you guys are most likely right when you say that we shouldn't worry our heads over how this will be done, so I'd like to formally end this discussion by saying that I'm happy to sit back and wait to see what happens on this one.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I say I'm open to change, but changing for the sake of changing is a little silly. Especially with things like dual-typed moves, there really is no point of having them in my opinion. If the change is to better the game then go for it. If it's just because "we're sick of the formula, let's change this for no reason!" then I'm not on board for it.

blue

gucci
Years
Well I don't expect anything too ground breaking, that's usually down to CoroCoro or a Direct Livestream. It could just be a little further details on the New Pokemon.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Well I don't expect anything too ground breaking, that's usually down to CoroCoro or a Direct Livestream. It could just be a little further details on the New Pokemon.

If anything major were to be revealed, the only thing I could really see happening would be them revealing Sylveon's type. If the skit they were performing is true, they obviously know its typing. Maybe they'd do a follow-up for it and finally show us its typing?

Years
GF will proably want that info release during the next month or two to keep the hype (it's mostly gone though) up for the release of the movie and short...
Maybe Smash can tell us the name of Mewtwo's new forme? I don't beleive we know what's it's called. Nor do we know it's type officially...

blue

gucci
Years
Well there's more news to follow in next months CoroCoro so maybe that's a good time to finally reveal Sylveons typing? Although, it does seem like Smash are focusing their episodes around Sylveon lately so idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back