• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Idea] Pokemon Ice Age and Desert Age

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2012
Pokémon Ice Age and Desert Age
Pokémon Ice Age and Desert Age covers the region of Lavscota (subject to change). Its name is sort of like a combination of LAY – va (some made up sound) and part of Scotland. The Lavscota (Lave – Scot – a) Region is separated in 2 mini-regions. They are the Western Peninsula and Eastern Land. The WP (an abbreviation of Western Peninsula) is to the east of Unova.

Western Peninsula
This is where you start your journey. It is mostly developed, slight every here and there, a new thing being added to make it better. It has 20 towns/cities/ports/colleges. There are 12 gyms. Here they are in order of when you go to them…
Spoiler:

Latest Map edits include but not last that will be made….
1) Sunshire Valley – A valley that has a non-official flying type gym. Sun based Pokémon can be found here.
2) Hamplite Dam – A hydraulic dam. It creates Sanatell Lake.
3) Relics Road – A road that is right from the ruins of Cramsen and left of Madrics Ruins. (Names of ruins might be kept.) It has a few stone structures, and a few roads that jut off here and there.
4) Playisma Trench – The deepest trench in the world. Many Pokémon live down there.
Here's a list of special places.
Spoiler:

Pokémon Related

Fakémon Development
So far, I am in beginning phases of Fakémon development. I have made a Pokémon for the rodent, the starter's line (yes only one starter. It makes it harder because the begging of the game is with a lot of Grass, Bug, and Flying type, but worth it because the first two gyms are easily defeated by grass, and there's a lot of water and ground type Pokémon too.), two bird Pokémon lines (one part Grass type based on the combination of golden rod, and either a Finch, Hawk, or some bird kind of like both, and one part rock based off of Cliff Swallows.), a crab line, a gull (yes, also a bird Pokémon.), a Fish Pokémon (Parrot Fish to be exact.), and another water type Pokémon line.
I also have plans for a Gemini and Aquarius line, a Psychic panda, a fish that evolves into one of three sharks, an eclipse Pokémon line, and three different keys (electric, fighting, poison, along with psychic type). I also know there will be a ground rock of legendary, psychic fire and psychic ice duo, psychic grass all powerful legendary, and the idea of a water, fire, and flying type trio.

Pokédex Development
I have yet to go though real Pokémon, and figure which ones will be in the Pokédex. Since this region is next to Unova, only Pokémon from that region will be accepted. The Pokédex will mostly be in the order that you find them. So Pokémon on Route 1601 will be before Route 1610.

Locations of Certain Types
Most Types have at least one place they are abundant in. Here's a list of all 17 types, and where the best places to find them are.
Grass – Plains, Botanical Gardens
Water – Reef, Bay, and Trench
Fire – Volcano and Dormant Volcano, Burned Forest
Electric – Around Jeffsville
Ice – Mt. Iceatopes
Dark – Trench and Burned Forest
Ghost – Burned Forest, Scarlet Ruins, Old Jeffsville Ruins
Flying – Mostly Everywhere, lots in Sunshine Valley
Psychic – Not really just in one area, maybe at a ruins
Steel – Mt. Iceatopes, ____ Mountain
Poison – Swam, Burberry Forest
Fighting – At Sheldon Heights
Bug – Forest, around beginning
Rock – Rocky areas
Ground – Rocky areas
Normal – Everywhere , Special at Madrics Ruins
Dragon – Just random places

P.S.
I have been thinking of having someone adopt (in a way) this project. I can not use RMPX maker, and stink with technology. I would ask though that I would over look the project if it's adopted. I'd also make basic maps, story line, ideas for fakemon you can then interpret the way you think it should be, and make it.

Edits : December 24, 2011 First Version.
January 5, 2012, Second Version Part One.

Last edited:

Ayutac

Developer who wants your help
Years
At first I may encourage you to have some more blank lines so your post is better structured. So, one before the second-island part, the plot line, the fakemon, you know.

About the idea itself: somehow I doub't your best friends just spent their time waiting for you. What do the do in that time? Do they have their Pokemon all this time? Then they should be some levels above than the start level, maybe about 8 or 9. If not, what did they do in their time? Red some books, specialize on something etc? That's the plothole I see so far.

Also, something else:
"Fireworks Factory – This is a large factory. It is the location of the Fire-Type gym, which is the 6th. Every night at mid-night, they have a fireworks show."
While I'm okay with a everynight firework show, what would cost a huge amount of many, I really really think that it's a bad idea to have the fight with FIRE pokemon inside the factory, since they could hit the fireworks and then BOOM!

When you start, I would like to help a little bit, constrained by my free time. (nevertheless I would like to get some experience.) But as I think, a hand that only helps a little, is better than no helping hand at all ;D

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2012
About the idea itself: somehow I doub't your best friends just spent their time waiting for you. What do the do in that time? Do they have their Pokemon all this time? Then they should be some levels above than the start level, maybe about 8 or 9. If not, what did they do in their time? Red some books, specialize on something etc? That's the plothole I see so far.
I wanted to have lots of rivals, so that's the only idea I had. I also figure they Birthdays could be close together. If you have any other idea, tell me.

Also, something else:
"Fireworks Factory – This is a large factory. It is the location of the Fire-Type gym, which is the 6th. Every night at mid-night, they have a fireworks show."
While I'm okay with a everynight firework show, what would cost a huge amount of many, I really really think that it's a bad idea to have the fight with FIRE pokemon inside the factory, since they could hit the fireworks and then BOOM!

I really doubt people would think that. Anyway, the gym is more like it's own area, and that can't happen in the game. Yes though, if it was real life, I would not advice Fire + Fireworks factory.

Thanks for concerns.

Ayutac

Developer who wants your help
Years
I wanted to have lots of rivals, so that's the only idea I had. I also figure they Birthdays could be close together. If you have any other idea, tell me.
One guy (or to be more precise, the twins) could simply live next town, so you don't have to have them all in the tiny village. They could visit each day/weak because of Dad's work or something and so, with dad, coming through the tall grass wouldn't be a problem either :D

By reading "in" I didn't thought of an enclosed area, so Fire Factory is approved now ;P

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2012
Update

Geography

OK, the first thing is the fact that the towns/cities/villages/ports are now finalized! There will be 20 (I think) in all. Of these, there are 12 gyms. I will list the order, what they specialize in, where they are, and if it's decided, the Leaders name. Heres how they go...
Spoiler:

The names have also been finalized (Mostly just 2 new towns). Sadly, the special areas have not been done yet. I have an idea of where everything will be, but names I don'r really have. I need to name....
Spoiler:

Also, anyone out there that can do a decent Black and White Region Map? I have the basic lay out, I just can't do the map.
View attachment 62947

Fakemon Development
I have a basic idea of some Fakemon for the start of the game. Also where certain types will be in the Western Peninsula (WP). There's places for Dark, Ghost, Ice, Fire, Grass, Ground, Rock, Poison, Fighting, and Water. Normal and Flying will of course be a more just plain everywhere. Psychic, Steel, and Dragon types I don't have an area yet.
---Me, E97.-----

Last edited:
Back