• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: [CLOSED] Map Making Competition - February 2015 [ENTRIES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
r76zxbtavyyl6ttzg.jpg

Map Making Competition – February 2015 [Entries]

Introduction:

One day i was Creeping looking at Hashtag's profile, I found the old "Map Of The Month" threads. I kept looking around and I found out that it was discontinued! I don't know why it was discontinued but, That's not important. What is important though, is the fact that i am here to bring back Map of the month! (Kind of) Now, it will be called "Map Making Competition". Now, this months Map making competition is going to be a little shorter than usually. You have until the February 20th 2015 to submit your map! On the 20th, i will pick the top 6 Maps and i will start a thread where you can vote for this months best map in the Map making competition! Good luck to everyone. so.....GET MAPPING!

Theme:

Since this is the first Map making competition, there is no theme! You can make a City, a Town or even a Route.

Rules:

· You may only Submit ONE map per MONTH.
· No entries will be permitted after February 28th at 11:59 Pm.
· You may only vote once per month.
· Asking or bribing others to vote for your map, will be dealt with accordingly.
· Creating new accounts to vote will be dealt with accordingly.
· Voting via the thread is not counted, only votes via the poll count.
· Don't complain that we didn't choose your map.

Examples:

Spoiler: Map Example 1
autumn_style_map_by_irocknikez-d4l333a.png

Map made by E.C

Spoiler: Map Example 2
recent_snow_map_by_irocknikez-d4l31pe.png

Map made by E.C

Entry Form:

Map Name: Name of your map must be provided.
Comments: Any comments you want to make on your map.
Credits: Please give credits to the artists of the tiles or ROM bases etc. That you have used.
Map Shot: Post your map in the form of a link, or in a spoiler. Maps not in this form will be rejected.

Hope you guys are glad that there is a Map making competition! Hope to see everyone's Maps!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 11, 2015
ht tp://i. imgur. com/IcMTGPq. png

I can't post links directly, but I made this over the past few days. It's pretty plain and basic but I think it's okay.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
Hopefully its still okay to submit something. Here's my Entry:

Map Name: Hillside Cove
Rom Base: FireRed
Description: Walk past the beach and enter the tranquil town of Hillside Cove. Buy a bike to travel the hills, or explore the nearby caves. With all the nature around, its easy to find yourself taking a nice nap here at Hillside Cove.
Comments: I went for a more nintendo-style map, and there are probably a few errors here and there i missed. Glad I got a chance to enter!
Credits: Nintendo

Edit: Fix some tile errors, and a few other revisions.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 5, 2015
I like Johto_legend's map a lot; simple but smooth. A lot of hacks go overboard putting detail in their maps and end up creating a cluttered mess.

Here's my map, Pier! Uses a FireRed base, I'm kinda disappointed at how little beach props there are in the FireRed tilesets but I think I did a good job playing around with the tiles. It's a big map so make sure to enlarge it for detail.

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Here's the map I just finished yesterday. It's a test map or probably not a test map. Starting map perhaps. Tested the tiles I inserted.

Credits to the following:
FM
Steven
SlimShady
Spoiler:

Ain't the tiles lovely?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back