• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2009
Erm, does anyone have a list of unused/free flags? I haven't been able to find any. But then I'm not great at searching.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Erm, does anyone have a list of unused/free flags? I haven't been able to find any. But then I'm not great at searching.

In Hackmew's XSE tool, its tutorial shows all used Flags for special things, such as Running Shoes. Just use any flag apart from them. If you are scripting a new hack without old flags, this is great, if not, use flags 900 or more, if you can.

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2009
Okay thanks for that. I'll have to bookmark that page so I don;'t lose it again. I knew Id seen them before.

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2013
Got a quick simple question: When inserting new pokemon sprites into unLZ, I see the back sprites are shiny. Do I insert shiny versions of back sprites or regular?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Got a quick simple question: When inserting new pokemon sprites into unLZ, I see the back sprites are shiny. Do I insert shiny versions of back sprites or regular?

click the previous pal button and you will see the normal palletes of the backsprite.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
How do I make event pokemon shiny? Like how Zel did with the res gyarados.

You mispelled red.

Also, just insert the shiny pokemon, there is a tool for that somewhere in our databanks of several gigabytes (if not terabytes :\) Just try using search engine, something should pop up.

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2013
Ok, got another question, but this one may be a bit complex.

Ok, so, I want to insert new starter pokemon. I have to replace sprites. But, I want Bulbasaur to still be there, in the wild. So, I replace, say, 3/4 of the Wurmple line for my 3 new grass pokemon. But now, I want them to be pokedex number 1-9. How can I edit it so they are 1-9? Sebbe's order editor only effects 1-151, and Wurmple is in 3rd gen.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Thanks.
Is there a list of the checkattack attacks?
I know STRENGHT is 0x46, but what's TACKLE?
And BODY SLAM?

They are in the XSE stdattacks.rbh file.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Does anybody know at which offset the player's palette byte is stored in Fire Red's RAM?

The player's palette in FireRed is stored at 0x020377F8. As with the player's sprite, it will get back to normal as soon as you leave/enter a map.

Now that so many people are bringing up Firered's Pallate data in the RAM...

Question: Where's the offset to the player's overworld pallate in Ruby in the RAM?

The player's palette in Ruby is stored at 0x0202F0C8. Like I said earlier, it will get back to normal as soon as you enter/leave a map.

Thanks.
Is there a list of the checkattack attacks?
I know STRENGHT is 0x46, but what's TACKLE?
And BODY SLAM?

XSE comes with the list already. Check stdattacks.rbh. You can even #include it, so you can use ATK_TACKLE etc. instead of meaningless numbers.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
The player's palette in FireRed is stored at 0x020377F8. As
The player's palette in Ruby is stored at 0x0202F0C8. Like I said earlier, it will get back to normal as soon as you enter/leave a map.
Okey-doke. I only need it for the telepathy anyhow, which is really just an advanced script, so the pallate will be changing back anyhow XD

Years
Script not working...

Here's two of three scripts ive added depending on which tile you step on
and yes, im new to setvars

when i step on these tiles it doesnt follow the movement command but does a movement command at random. Everytime i step on it he does one of the movements i put but not more than one before the script ends

#dynamic 0x6B1B2A

#org @tidalwave
setvar 0x4003 0x1
goto 0x6B1A6F
end

#org @script
lock
compare 0x4003 0x0
if 0x1 goto @left
compare 0x4003 0x1
if 0x1 goto @middle
compare 0x4003 0x2
if 0x1 goto @right
end

#org @left
applymovement 0xFF @do
end

#org @middle
applymovement 0xFF @do2
end

#org @right
applymovement 0xFF @do3
end

#org @do
#raw 0x05
#raw 0x05
#raw 0x07
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE

#org @do2
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x05
#raw 0x05
#raw 0x05
#raw 0x07
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE

#org @do3
#raw 0x05
#raw 0x05
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE

and

#dynamic 0x6B1A60

#org @o
setvar 0x4003 0x2
goto @script
end

#org @script
lock
compare 0x4003 0x0
if 0x1 goto @left
compare 0x4003 0x1
if 0x1 goto @middle
compare 0x4003 0x2
if 0x1 goto @right
end

#org @left
applymovement 0xFF @do
end

#org @middle
applymovement 0xFF @do2
end

#org @right
applymovement 0xFF @do3
end

#org @do
#raw 0x05
#raw 0x05
#raw 0x07
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE

#org @do2
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x05
#raw 0x05
#raw 0x05
#raw 0x07
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE

#org @do3
#raw 0x05
#raw 0x05
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE

the third one is similar but with 0x0 instead of 1 and 2

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2011
Elitemap

Where can you download Elitemap because the kickassgamers host shut down so the helmeted rodent site is gone too

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Okay guys, I have a new problem that is...a *****. When I work on some interior maps(and exterior) it will pop up the "Cannot read bytes behind end of file, please contact LU-HO..." message. Afterwards, I test the map in VBA, and it fails. I associate this error with this error message, so my question is, how do I fix this? I was wondering if it might be a corrupt ROM, but I'm not sure. Also, what exactly does this error mean? Thanks a lot for your help mates!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back