• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon Black/White] Emulation Help Thread

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2010
Mine still wont save on no$gba, is there certain emulation settings I need?
Or does it save on the english patched ones?

IRC

Internet Relay Chat
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
Pokemon black rom crashes when I go to enter professor's lab.
:C

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Guys use DeSmuME 0.9.6 ;) It's pointless to play it on No$GBA when it works on DeSmuME =) It does not lag, speed is good and so on =)

Unless your machine is dated.

Better idea- use a flashcartridge.

Tatsuo-san

<[Aye, aye, dood!]>
Years
Yay, am I the lucky one? The english patch works perfectly! And I can save too!
There was only one bug, when 'the ROM-image has crashed'(you know when you battling Cheren, on the second round), but jeez I have an another save file AFTER the first two battles. Yay, I'm so happy! ^_____^

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
Years
The codes do work for White: I can play it on No$Zoomer and save; however, I never make it past the battle with Bel as it keeps crashing by the second turn :'(
Confirmed. Those codes do indeed work. For maximum results, I suggest downloading the v3 english prepatched White/black rom [google/youtube it] and then insert these codes and use the No$zoomer. Works to perfection.

#Emochu

ujhgjkjhgkujhjkhjkhkhkhhk hjkhj
Years
Is there anyway I can make pokemon Black(exp patched) run faster, the music and frameskip is really slow and I tried editing it(made frameskip 1)

I want it to be faster, is it just my PC? This is verison 9.6 im using.

Years
Desmume and NO$GBA both don't play my Pokemon White ROM.

NO$GBA gets the furthest with something actually coming up on the screen. The screen is attached

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 15
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2011
I have a problem...
I downloaded a Japanese ROM that wasn't patched so my Pokemon weren't gaining any exp.
Then i manually patched it and it worked fine until i wanted to save...
So now i can't save at all. I'm getting Save and Load state errors...
If anyone knows what to do please help.

Late

Pokémon Artist
Years
I had problems with this one first but got it working by using No$Gba C. When using it, the only thing you have to do is placing the codes from page 6 to No$Gba and you're done.

Just to be sure, can I put download link for No$Gba C, so other people can find it too? Well at least I say that it's easy to find via Google.

プラチナ・ベルリッツ

~してんのうの カトレア!!
Years
FIX!

Okay. For those who are still having problems wit NO$GBA, I have here the things that you need and need to do in order to get it working.

Alright let's get started, you need:
AR-CODES FOR SAVE FIX: (Use only these as the other ones will make your ROM crash randomly or when you use a stat-altering move.)
Spoiler:
NO$GBA2.6a+NO$ZOOMER 2.3.0.2(Optional but I recommend it)/NO$GBA C
Rudolph's Child's Play Patch v4 (Use only on a clean, UNPATCHED ROM)
English Translation v3/4
xDelta GUI
*The Child's Play Patch, v3 Translation Patch and xDelta can all be found on GBATemp. (Or just google it! :p)

STEPS:
1. Patch your clean ROM with Rudolph's Childs Play Patch v4 by dragging the ROM to the executable. Wait for a "Congratulations" box to appear.
*It should create a .bak file, that's your original file.

2. Patch your ROM with the v3/4 Translation Patch using xdelta GUI not UI. Load the patch and your ROM and click Apply patch. It should create a file with [Your ROM]_patched.nds, that your patched ROM.
*Put the xdelta file and xDeltaGUI.exe on the SAME FOLDER as your ROM and I think it requires Microsoft .NET Framework.

3. Now, let's open it in an emulator (NO$ZOOMER) and of course the BSoD appears. Put the AR-CODES posted above, goto Others->Cheats tick as RAW and Action replay DS and press OK. Then enable the AR-CODE and press OK. Then File->Reset. Make sure your Reset/Startup Entry point is at "Start Cartridge Directly" don't need the BIOS files here.

There! You can play Pokémon Black & White with no crashes or freezes and you also gain EXP!

Other helpful knick-knacks for increasing emulation speed for NO$GBA2.6a+NO$ZOOMER2.3.0.2:
Disable 3D Edge marking for B/W (Tested with Black):
Spoiler:
x2 Walking speed:
Spoiler:
Instant show text:
Spoiler:
NO$GBA.ini Settings:
Spoiler:

If you desperately need more speed (like me), here are some tweaks to increase speed to 100%:
Spoiler:

I can prove it to you that all of these works on NO$ since I already finished the game. Not a single crash or freezing for me!

NOTE: If your game hangs when going to a screen (e.g. VS. Recorder), disable EX5 temporarily. Also, you don't need to do the save state thingy anymore just save the game with the code on. (Though the Save Fix causes some minor graphical glitches, theres nothing else bad about it)

ENJOY (a non-DeSmuME emulation of) B/W everyone! :D

Oh yeah, I forgot!
CREDITS goes to MASTERMIND_X and some people on GBATemp for the save fix and other AR-CODES!

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I think so. I read that they managed Wifi on a DS emulator, yet I can't seem to get it to work. -_-*
You think it can be accessed through DeSmuME?

Desmume and NO$GBA both don't play my Pokemon White ROM.

NO$GBA gets the furthest with something actually coming up on the screen. The screen is attached
Use DeSmuME 0.9.6 ;)

Is there anyway I can make pokemon Black(exp patched) run faster, the music and frameskip is really slow and I tried editing it(made frameskip 1)

I want it to be faster, is it just my PC? This is verison 9.6 im using.
It does not depend on your ROM version, but your PC =)
If you are using dual-core processor it should be good.

So, um, can someone PM me instructions on getting a safe version of a working ROM for this? Not a link, just... directions to some safe site.
Download lots of ROMs from different sources and one will surely work ;)

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
My Pokémon White ROM won't let me press Start on Desume 9.6

I've tried changing the button for Start but it still doesn't work.

EDIT: Nvm I forgot that DS games use X as start xD

Last edited:

Tatsuo-san

<[Aye, aye, dood!]>
Years
Cool, it works almost perfectly. Music is great, game doesn't lag, and I'm happy! =D
But this 'ROM-image is crushed' thing suddenly appears from time to time. More crashes is in-battle, somewhere on second turn. So, the only way is to beat the enemy on first turn. I need more training! =D

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2013
I am playing Pokemon Black V4 Patched
it crashed in battle with Pokemon Trainer N
what will i do? i am using no$gba 2010

Back