• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I would like that also. But then there would be so many names. Maybe you have to do a certain amount of challenges before you can have your name on the list. I just post what challenges I've done in my About Me section of my profile.
This. Chances are, people aren't going to be wondering "oh hey, I wonder what challenges this one random person has done, if any!". They're going to be wondering, "oh hey, I wonder what all challenges this person who is here all the time has done." In order for a person to want to look someone up in this "index" if it was made, they would have to be pretty familiar on the challenge board. I'd say keep the number of challenges needed pretty low, like 3-5. I don't think too terribly many people have done that many challenges. Plus, for some of us, one little sig just is not enough space for all of our accomplishments!

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
This. Chances are, people aren't going to be wondering "oh hey, I wonder what challenges this one random person has done, if any!". They're going to be wondering, "oh hey, I wonder what all challenges this person who is here all the time has done." In order for a person to want to look someone up in this "index" if it was made, they would have to be pretty familiar on the challenge board. I'd say keep the number of challenges needed pretty low, like 3-5. I don't think too terribly many people have done that many challenges. Plus, for some of us, one little sig just is not enough space for all of our accomplishments!

My About Me section is huge because of all of my challenges in there. Huge. I do agree with what you two have said, though. It would be kinda pointless if someone came here, did one challenge, and never came back again. I'm sure that's happened before, too.
Heck, maybe someone could receive an award at the end of the year or something for 'most challenges completed' or something? Of course, if that were to happen, we should probably only count challenges done that year, otherwise the same person might win every year.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
That would be a cool idea. But you better hurry, jd and I are running out of monotypes...
IDK if I can catch up to you two at this point, especially with school being quite demanding lately.
But if anything, maybe I could get ahead of you guys on solo challenges? ;)

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
I like the idea of the "greatest challengers" list where the persons who have done the most challenges are mentioned with the challenges they have done. Maybe even in order of how many challenges they have done.
How do you like that?

11wildy

Me!
Years
how about the random challenge challenge. You get assigned a random challenge by the owner of the thread. You could say if you want monotype, or anything and even whether you want it easy or hard. It would be cool for people who don't know what challenge to take. :)

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Nah, I don't like it. Because it would mean me constantly falling down due to being lazy. :D
Meh, I don't think it should be a ranking system, just sort of a list of the more accomplished challengers. There would be no 'falling down' for you to do.
how about the random challenge challenge. You get assigned a random challenge by the owner of the thread. You could say if you want monotype, or anything and even whether you want it easy or hard. It would be cool for people who don't know what challenge to take. :)
That'd be better if you just asked for a challenge in here. I think its kind of pointless to have a challenge thread where you have to go to another challenge thread to do it.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
I would never think of using aipom over girafarig, but if you like aipom more, go for it :)

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Okay, I think I need a new challenge that I can do on my computer so I was thinking of a Normal Monotype on Silver.
My Planned Team:
Furret
Aipom
Smeargle
Pidgeot
Miltank
Dunsparce
So what do you guys think?
I mean, if you're into using 6 Pokemon, then that's all right. Buuuuuuuut, you really just need Pidgeot, Tauros, and Wigglytuff (Ice/Fire/Thunderpunch and Psychic)

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I mean, if you're into using 6 Pokemon, then that's all right. Buuuuuuuut, you really just need Pidgeot, Tauros, and Wigglytuff (Ice/Fire/Thunderpunch and Psychic)
Milktank > Tauros b/c of Rollout.
and Clefable > Wigglytuff. Clefable has better stats, and learns Ice/Thunder Punch, although evolving Cleffa (from Odd Egg) can be a pain. Ofc, you need Crystal for Clefairy.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
and Clefable > Wigglytuff. Clefable has better stats, and learns Ice/Thunder Punch, although evolving Cleffa (from Odd Egg) can be a pain. Ofc, you need Crystal for Clefairy.

I'm mostly just choosing Pokemon I like. That way the challenge will be funner. I'd better name the Aipom Klippy for Syd shouldn't I? I might use Wigglytuff instead of Dunsparce because they are hard to find.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Meh, I'd take 20 more Atk and a little speed over extra HP/Def and Rollout.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm mostly just choosing Pokemon I like. That way the challenge will be funner. I'd better name the Aipom Klippy for Syd shouldn't I? I might use Wigglytuff instead of Dunsparce because they are hard to find.

lmao, I wouldn't do that. XD; I only do that cause he's my best friend and that's his favorite Pokemon. Besides, it'd be weird to run around using a Pokemon named after someone you don't know. :x

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Essentially, yes. That's why you don't see me post around GPGD a lot now, because my internet is slow, and it'll take me like...7 minutes before I can even delete it. Locking threads is just awful. :( Gotta wait on my post to go through...gotta wait on the lock to go through, then delete the double post, then the "reason for deletion" thing has to load and fffffffff. Hate it.

Edit: Whoa it didn't do it for once!

thenickel09

Lurker
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I thought of an obscure idea for a challenge, called the Evolution Line Challenge, where you use Pokemon from only one family (e.g. Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur), but I feel like it would be too tempting to just solo once you get the final form. Plus, for Eevee we'd have 8 Pokemon to choose from, and it almost feels like a Duo/Trispecies just using Pokemon from one family, so.....yeah.

Any thoughts? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back