• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to run pokemon essentials through wineskin

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 29, 2015
Hello everyone:) I've had my macbook for a few months so I transfered all my Rpg makers folders and etc off my windows 7 desktop onto my macbook. Since then i've been trying run rpg maker (pokemon Essentials ) through wineskin I realized that rpg maker softwares aren't required macs but windows only. I managed to run pokemon essentials with wineskin and it work, but my project for my game couldn't and it opens with a black screen and a text that has nothing written. How will I find out what the problems is so that my project runs with the game? here of some screen shots
screen_shot_2015_05_26_at_2_38_48_pm_by_ichigo440-d8uumkw.png

Success!

screen_shot_2015_05_26_at_2_42_46_pm_by_ichigo440-d8uumls.png

Failure...

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
Just to clarify, are you saying that you can open RPGXP itself but can't open your Game.proj file once it is opened? I'm currently using using a mac as well and so far it seems like everything besides the extendtext.exe works, so my guess is some of your data files didn't get copied over.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 29, 2015
I ran on Game.exe nothing else

What is the DLL?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
Try opening the Game.rxproj file with RPGXP. Also, make sure you have a file called rubyscreen.dll and RGSS102E.dll in the same folder your game is in.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 29, 2015
I can't open rpgxp. would it be ok for you to visually show your steps by putting screenshots because its hard to picture in my head

Back