• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Shiny Pokemon Thread

Years
Well, I have a shiny... I asked my friend for a Tepig with Pokerus (because like all of his Pokemon have pokerus >w<) and I'm like got the tepig? So we traded (i gave him... i think a audino or something) And im like WTF ITS SHINY?!?!?! ANd he's like... Wait, you didn't want a shiny? So yeah it took him about a week to get a shiny tepig off gts >w<

Other than that, I've been playing pokemon since Sapphire and the only shiny i ever found was the Happiny egg in Pearl... that i got from my cousin >w< i didn't really know about shinies until heart gold came out lol...

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2019
My first playthrough of the game i got a shiny pidove at the very start at the ranch, then when i fased latios later on the first try was shiny and i almost cried. Then when i was doing the regis i was getting to regice and then it was shiny first try, all in one playthrough. i still have that file too and i am so proud of it. i caught them all too :D

Silver Crow

Burst Linker
Years
I caught a shiny Level 31 Solosis yesterday, in Strange House. Was so excited until I saw its stats. Careful nature and the wrong ability....(Overcoat, not Magic Guard). Still, it's shiny so I will evolve it as I love Reuniclus's shiny form~

Also sent over my shiny Furrett from Black before I restarted it, caught it as a Sentret. In my time playing these games, I've only ever caught three legit shinies. Caught a Woobat a year ago but lost it after I sold my game...

Akatsuki Ten

As It Is
Years
I caught a shiny Audino a couple months ago, out on that island past the P2 Laboratory and just a few hours ago I managed to find a shiny Mareep at the Floccesy Ranch and I already evolved it to Ampharos!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
My only three Shiny experiences start in Emerald with a Nincada that I've left untouched and clone at Lv.7 (near-starter so to speak), and is imported to Black. My other two are both Audinos; the first took a crit. (damn!) at Virbank Complex and the other, a bit more hardy at Lv.51 on Route 23, was captured. Prior to this, I had taken a trade-in of a Lv.100 Audino of someone else's as well as a Lv.70 Sawsbuck, and have a Lv.100 Entei around somewhere in Black as well. Oh, and a Lv.99 Dragonite. And a few Event ones plus that Red Gyarados.

Cyclone

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I just encoutered my first shiny today in Black 2 (I already mentioned it in another topic - on the shinies topic). To my surprise it was one of my favorite Pokemon. Level 39 female Mienfoo. To me, its the find of a lifetime, and my only Master Ball was used. My other Pokemon were too strong (low to mid 50's), I feared attacking her would make her faint in one hit. I named her after my mom and grandma, Maria.

Spoiler:

I was jumping up and down with joy for about half-hour, I still couldn't believe it. My First Shiny. Before in any game, I had never encountered a shiny.

Akatsuki Ten

As It Is
Years
I caught a shiny Audino a couple months ago, out on that island past the P2 Laboratory and just a few hours ago I managed to find a shiny Mareep at the Floccesy Ranch and I already evolved it to Ampharos!

Just caught a shiny Gligar two days after I got the Mareep, already evolved it to Gliscor. Looking for more shinies at the moment, probably until X/Y come out.

B-L-A-Z-E

リズ
Years
I've only found one shiny in all my time playing black and white 2 and that was a Sunkern. Unfortunately, it's a Pokemon I'll never use so hopefully I can find one I'll actually be able to use on my team.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
I've got the shiny Gible that Benga gives you in Black 2. I also have a shiny Gyarados transferred from Soulsilver, and a hacked shiny Regirock I got from some random guy. (Don't ask)

I am currently using the Masuda Method to try and get me a shiny Golett. I'm breeding a Japanese Ditto with a Golurk from my game. Still no luck, unfortunately, but I'm hoping for that 1 in 1000-ish chance.

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2013
Can someone help me where i can buy/find razor fang in black 2? I want to evolve my gligar

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Can someone help me where i can buy/find razor fang in black 2? I want to evolve my gligar
Route 11. Alternatively, it's buyable at Battle Subway or the PWT. Source (Use that for other evolutionary item research! :) )

Cyclone

Princess Sandshrew

PokéRespect
Years
In all I have got 5 shinies ever.
First was a Goldeen in Tojo Falls in Pokemon Gold
Second was a Smoochum from the gift egg in Crystal
Third was a Drowzee in Crystal, Route 11
Fourth was a Foongus in Pokemon Black, from the overworld Foongus that look like items.
Fifth was Azurill in Black 2, Floccesy Ranch and it is now a Azumarill in my party. :)

This is not including Red Gyarados and wifi events

GarlandDaHero

Cute Noivern is Cute.
Years
...I never found any wild shinies in either of my White 2 playthroughs. The only shiny I got in the game was the Shiny Dratini Benga gives you. *headdesk*

Yoshi119

Abbeon
Years
I have found two shinies before~
My first was in Leafgreen and was a Weedle ._. I was still really happy, though. It was funneh, cus my cousin was actually playing my Gameboy at the time, and called me in saying 'Why is this purple?' and I was like O____Oomg
My second was a blue Boldore in Black, because I was actually searching for a Boldore to trade with somebody on the GTS...I soon forgot about trading, and didn't even bother catching another cus I was just over the moon xD My Weedle is like dead now lol Because I migrated it to Platinum, but the Platinum ended up being counterfeit, so it completely stopped working eventually. R.I.P Sparkles the Weedle ;_;

abarai

Howl, Zabimaru !
Years
Ran into a shiny Nosepass while walking through Chargestone cave.
Was quite surprised as it was only my second time encountering a wild shiny pokemon.
The first being a Gastly in Pearl.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
I found a Shiny Hoothoot in Crystal, before you get PokeBalls. It was my first Wild Pokemon lol ><

Other than that, I found a Shiny Audino in my French Version of W2 ^^ cute purple thing!

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2014
Caught my first shiny the other day by a random encounter, an Audino! Rarely encountered the Pokemon before, and when I looked it up, I realized that it appears in shaking grass and gives more experience when you take them down, and that's how I got my Pokes powerful enough to beat the E4 (this is White by the way). :D

Toko

Forest Dweller
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2021
I encountered a wild shiny Vespiquen 2 days ago on my Black 2 but I only had 4 balls available to try and catch it. No matter how strongly I wished for it to happen, it didn't. So I just KO'd it and desperately tried finding another shiny(after purchasing more balls). But as you know these things barely ever cross your way, so the more frustrating it is to not have caught that Vespiquen.

Back