• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Magnius Guide to Pokemon Music Hacking

dogz

Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2010
min freezes and im running xp and then a window sappy 2006 needs to close were is the helmeted rodents website

runtime error 429 active x cannot create object

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2016
is there a way to do this if you have windows 2000 because neither sappy 2005 or 2006 are compatible with windows 2000

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2016
theres got to be a way, if not may someone tell me how to assemble the .S file without sappy?

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2011
i want to edit the pokemon cry i found the real cry for a pokemon and in this hacked game has the fake one i want to replace it how do i do that?

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Every time I "assemble that ugly thing" and I set the proper voice offset, when I try to play in Sappy the program closes. What's going on? Oh and I'm using your GSC remixes that you posted somewhere as a test... So I highly doubt it's the MID files.

Last edited:

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
lol think my own hacking days might be over. Suddenly as if out of nowhere the assemble button has just stopped working and I can't figure out why. Just crashes. I have all the VB files and still get a crash.

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2023
I had to download some .ocx and .dll files, one of them was vbalcbex6.ocx.
After that, when i try to replace things etc, Sappy just closes.
Can someone help me?

clonex25

Just droppin' by...
Years
lol think my own hacking days might be over. Suddenly as if out of nowhere the assemble button has just stopped working and I can't figure out why. Just crashes. I have all the VB files and still get a crash.

Bad timing, isn't it? Just when Zel needs your help...

I encountered the same thing here, and I ended up to my last resort - reformatting the computer. I hope you can push through...

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016

It happened to me when I opened one of my songs with notepad. Every time I tried assembling it crashed. I tried re-installing but it still failed. So I did a system restore. (Control Panel - System Restore - Restore your computer to an earlier time). I went back like 2 days and it Sappy started working again.

Years
ok this is weird for me. Sappy use to work for me 2 months ago and assembled songs nicely. Now when I do it I get "run time error 53 file not found". I tried re-installing sappy like 10 times and I'm using vista.

Magnius

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
yeah lol far as assembling goes I can't give advice on that as Sappy only crashes for me.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Do you think you could give a link to the tools in .zip format, Magnius?

My computer can't download WinRAR, so I can't use .rar tools. >_<

Magnius

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
Perhaps later I will.

Good stuff guys, on my laptop only, I can now assemble.

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
oh yeah i can put songs in FireRed! ^_^

now, on to looping! which sounds hard

Goldie

Trainer from the Boonies
Years
Thanks much, this is a really good guide, cleared up a lot of problems for me. I had a bit of trouble getting Sappy to work, since the author has taken it off of his site I had to find the install file myself, because the one you had supplied wasn't working for me.

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
Years
Ok I have an odd problem. Sappy works fine. It inserts music and plays it. But it plays it with no sound. 2 Days ago I made an unusual Discovery! I played a song I inserted into Emerald for kicks then hit play. I accidentally left it on playing since it wasnt playing any sound. Heres where it gets really odd...I go to Windows Media Player and Play a Midi on it. Then suddenly I hear Sappy Playing the midi i inserted with sound but also with WMP playing another Midi at the same time! Now when I hit stop on the midi on WMP the sound on sappy goes away? My question is:

How can you bring back the sound on Sappy without playing a midi on WMP at the same time?

Ps: my computer is Windows XP.

Back