• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon MORPG Project

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Pokemon 3D MMORPG Project

Pokémon Linked

Made in: Game Maker
Team: Jonsploder – Lead, Main Director
Fireblade – Server, Assistant
Omega Groudon - Artist
Miguel – Special Thanks
Program 1357 – Special Thanks
SleepinJohnyFish – Special Thanks
Mme – Special Thanks
Froboman - Special Thanks
CaptainJackSparrow2 - Secondary Programmer
Jordan - Special thanks

(Please note that these are only people that have contributed to the current demo's that I am working on – not the old one/s.)
Forums: On the website linked above.
Download: On the website linked above.

Version 0.18 is OUT
Currently the server is NOT up. We are currently working on this issue.

Welcome everyone from the PokeCommunity to the thread on Pokémon Linked, a Pokémon MMORPG Project in the works.
About 5 versions of Pokemon Linked have been released at the moment.
Some of the features of Pokémon Linked include:

• Synchronized Movement
• Chat and chat commands. News included along with help (/news,/help)
• Character accounts and login names
• Stats
• Inventory or Bag
• Trading (soon to be developed more)
• Battle (Working on currently)
• Options (Working on)
• Auto Updater
• Pokedex

Many more will be featured, but those are the main features at the moment, and features to be working on.

We are currently experiencing problems with the server so the game has been taken down for the time being at the moment but will be released back online as soon as we are ready and working. I will announce this when it is up so no need to post when it is coming up thanks.

Also anyone that attempt to crack anything in the folder, will be banned. (THIS INCLUDES DECOMPILING!)

Pokemon linked is aiming to be a massive world of Pokemon. All the pokemon are being included in here, I know many projects always say that and I have always doubted it. I am fully confident however that all pokemon are going to be included in this game. I know - as I have already programmed almost 40% of the pokedex, all the way up to 493 pokemon. Not only will the podex have all the pokemon, but the battle system will have every pokemon, and adventually every pokemons moves.
As well as a full CBS and a Pokedex, this will include a bag system. I have a temporary inventoy - but I will gradually move it into the proper bag and GUI. Following this will be a shop system, Move learning, TM's, Trading, CMS (Custom menu system), automatic saving, stat upgrades, every item and new original ones, and basicly anything else we can think of. Quite a fair chunk of this has already been programmed so I think maybe a few weeks and alot more will be done. -Day and night system also, syncronising with your computers time, so that it will be accurate!-

The speed of this project is enourmously fast for the amount being asked to deliver. I think a few months and almost all of the following above will be done or almost done. (About 3 I currently estimate)
I will release new demo's every few weeks though to keep you all entertained usually, but at the moment I am puting alot into the next demo to look forward to.

Bugs and glitches

There are a number of bugs at the moment like item cloning (ironic because that's like classic Pokémon games). For a list visit the forums, but I will try and keep this up to date.
No point in posting them all just yet though as most will be wiped out, the only thing I can say is:

AN UNEXPECTED ERROR LOADING THE GAME This is a bug I fixed, but please tell me if you get it if I have not fixed it.

Also a long loading screen is expected, just wait it out, the new demo loads sometimes at 0.5 seconds for me as I use it so as I said, wait. (2 seconds max).

Screens and Movies

Spoiler:

Banners:

N/A

Thank you everyone for your support.

Last edited:

Bombah!

BlackDragonite
Years
Looks cool, but I liked the old idea too...
It was different from others.
But hey, this isn´t bad either.

How many Pokémon will be in? Only the first (and best) 150/151, or more?
And what about legendairies?
AND what about starters?
AND that´s all for now^^

I know this were a lot of questions, but I hope you´ll answer.

Good luck,
Bombah!

EDIT: I have to say it... FIRST POST XD

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
could you do like more than 4 moves.

for example say pokemon upto to lev 50 can only learn 4 moves

at lev 60 they can learn 5

lev 70 they can learn 6

and so on, since 4 movs is soooo short and in like cartoons high lev pokemon have more than 4

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Hey thanks guys:

@Bombah!: The old idea was very original yes, but hey this is very original also, there is much I have not explained.
For instance I am working on a map making program so you can make maps to help the game, so basicly the players can build the world they play in! It is trying to be as easy as RPGMaker which is very hard, but I am very far already for working in it in 2 days. This is an original system as I know.

I will code the first 151 pokemon first... and then consider the others, but yeah first 151 first as they are the best.

Starters will probably be the same unless you want new ones, if so suggest them. They will not be legendaries though of course.

@amarj3:

That is a VERY good idea, I think I will use it thanks!

Thanks guys! I will post a screenie of the map maker soon.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
also here are some random ideas i thought of.

elite 4 isnt really tough in these games, have u ever thought of doing a pokemon league after the 12 gym badges, obv u would need a random matching system thats makes u battle against random trainers in the league. i think this would make it more difficult since its easy to prepare against elite 4

just a idea, its not that good. this game rocks btw

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
Years
An interesting idea and concept...I've seen something like this made on BYOND by my good friend, but the GUI was very advanced to say the least, I am curious as to what the Battle System will be like.

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Thanks guys :) (offtopic, does everyone else appear to be a mod? Or is it only me?)

I am thinking of a pokemon Academy for players instead of the elite 4. Instead you gain ranks in the academy and move through the ranks to the top. Also you will able to defend your title as champion of the academy..... or have both the academy and elite 4 :P.

Tthanks RayRay and Kurosaki, I do the GUI myself an I am no artist, although I like it as it is very simple, yet nice.

Alot of work has been put into the map maker in the last three days or so, but now I am getting through the last of my assignments, so for the nest 2-3 days I can't work on it m8uch. Holidays are coming soon, so alot of time will come for my and the game soon :D. I am still working on the map maker and will try and get it looking like it should so I can get a screen, but it does not look as good as the genius in the coding - I surprised myself.

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2008
AHH?!? i was JUST starting to make a game like this. it's looks really awesome, i must say!

this is offtopic i know, but is this kind of project hard to do in Game Maker? i've never seen anything like it done before with GM, and i'm interested to know how the process works. please PM me if you don't want to spam up the showcase.

thanks! this is really cool!

(whoa? we are all moderators! cool...)

i found out why we're all moderators.... it's for April Fools..... (duh)

Last edited:
Years
Hey thanks guys:

@Bombah!: The old idea was very original yes, but hey this is very original also, there is much I have not explained.
For instance I am working on a map making program so you can make maps to help the game, so basicly the players can build the world they play in! It is trying to be as easy as RPGMaker which is very hard, but I am very far already for working in it in 2 days. This is an original system as I know.

I will code the first 151 pokemon first... and then consider the others, but yeah first 151 first as they are the best.

Starters will probably be the same unless you want new ones, if so suggest them. They will not be legendaries though of course.

@amarj3:

That is a VERY good idea, I think I will use it thanks!

Thanks guys! I will post a screenie of the map maker soon.

If you will put more starters why not put pikachu too and make it like in yellow where the pikachu(or any other starter)follows you around

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Thanks Tre_Al, we are currently working on the server and map maker, so I think it will be up soonish, I am emailing the server right now.... I will bring more news soon.

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
Years
I like the idea of the Pokemon following you around tbh. I believe you should make it possible to choose any of the 4 generation starters, instead of picking a pokeball you could make it that you talk to the professor and a list pops up and you make a choice. ^_~

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Hmmm, I just had the idea of making clans, so there could be a team rocket gang or "Pokemon Bounty Hunters" etc.
There could be clan leaders and officers that accept or decline new member requests, and basicly order around the gang/clan. That way we could have an all out clan war!

Before I even start to code this, as it will take a bit to code - what do you guys think of the idea, and any improvements or suggestions are welcome. Also please vote a "Yes" or "No",

Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
you probably already done this but just to make sure, you should make starters catchable in the wild unlike other games.

Back