• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Following Character script

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
i noe about the players name, i ment the pokemons name ty grammar nazi

I'm not sure about having it in a message. But it's easy to do it in a script:

Code:
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1}",$Trainer.party[0].name))

That would only display the first Pokémon's name.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Two bugs. Serious ones.

-Start surfing without a Pokemon following you. First, you notice it says "?????????? used Surf!" This happens when you stop surfing:
Code:
Exception: NameError
Message: undefined local variable or method `refresh_sprite' for #<Game_Player:0x52444a8>
PokemonFollowingV3:660:in `pbEndSurf'
Game_Player_:64:in `move_left'
Game_Player_:384:in `update_old'
Walk_Run:66:in `update'
Scene_Map:101:in `update'
Scene_Map:98:in `loop'
Scene_Map:111:in `update'
Scene_Map:67:in `main'
Scene_Map:64:in `loop'
Scene_Map:71:in `main'
-You can't surf at all with a Pokemon following you.

mattfriends

Inactive... :(
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 16, 2015
These scripts make people confuse yeah. But actually it work well sometime. ^^

But I fixed it. :)

Years
Well here are some bugs:

1) The animations do not appear in my project (and are all configured properly)
2) When the hero runs, the sprite is lagging behind
3) When you go from one map to another (joined by conecting mapping), there is a moment in which the pokemon sprite disappears

Apart from that, everything is going great, this script is awesome hopefully soon you have the final version, will be one of the best contributions in years, do not give up XD

1) Haven't test with near May 7th version of starter kit
2) That is not a bug, Poccil didn't make dependent event running
3) Hmm, will check it.

The bug with the PC boxes still happens where the following Pokemon's sprite doesn't update, but the party screen works now.

I think you don't get it. if the following pokemon is the 6th pokemon and you change the first pokemon, sprite will not change.

You know what will also be a great idea, for when the player talks to the pokemon it says there name and what ever the developer puts. EX i talk to charzard then it will say something like this "Charzard is happy that hes traviling with (said name player)"

Will add in next version

Two bugs. Serious ones.

-Start surfing without a Pokemon following you. First, you notice it says "?????????? used Surf!" This happens when you stop surfing:
Code:
Exception: NameError
Message: undefined local variable or method `refresh_sprite' for #<Game_Player:0x52444a8>
PokemonFollowingV3:660:in `pbEndSurf'
Game_Player_:64:in `move_left'
Game_Player_:384:in `update_old'
Walk_Run:66:in `update'
Scene_Map:101:in `update'
Scene_Map:98:in `loop'
Scene_Map:111:in `update'
Scene_Map:67:in `main'
Scene_Map:64:in `loop'
Scene_Map:71:in `main'
-You can't surf at all with a Pokemon following you.

Typing mistake ~.~

When ever I try to surf you it says "you can do that with somebody following you"

Working on it.

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
how do you swich pokemon i talk to pro and it swiches between pikachu and piplup if i talk to bulbasaur it changes to piplup.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
I think you don't get it. if the following pokemon is the 6th pokemon and you change the first pokemon, sprite will not change.
But that's not the case. My first Pokemon is following me.

Let me explain through example. My party in order is:
Pikachu
Leafeon
Vaporeon
Flareon
Turtwig
Piplup

Now, with my party in this order, and Pikachu following me, I go to the PC, select "Move Pokemon", open the party tab, and switch Pikachu and Turtwig. Turtwig is now first, where the Pikachu that was following me used to be.
I exit out of the PC menu, and get back onto the map.
I still have a Pikachu behind me. When I talk to it, it makes Turtwig's cry.

That's that best I can explain it..

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
I tested it with the brawly dependent event and it looks like its working fine i even went to battle with brawly (from the starter kit) but brawley was behind the pokemon. Is it possible to move that dependent event to the side of the trainer? wait what am I asking its okay like that....

mattfriends

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 16, 2015
I tested it with the brawly dependent event and it looks like its working fine i even went to battle with brawly (from the starter kit) but brawley was behind the pokemon. Is it possible to move that dependent event to the side of the trainer? wait what am I asking its okay like that....

Yes, just remember the pokemon dependency name and remove then add it again.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
its gotten better but i found one bug, that when i talk to a piplup (from the professor), and pikachu is the first it says pikachu's name.
ohh no wonder lets say you change through pokemon right, the talking script is doing it in the order of the pokemon option screen.
I had a piplup out, and the pokemon talking did it from the pokemon option screen order which was pikachu.
Also a remove, and go back feature when the pokemon is being healed by nurse joy, would make it seem more realistic.

Last edited:
Years
its gotten better but i found one bug, that when i talk to a piplup (from the professor), and pikachu is the first it says pikachu's name.
ohh no wonder lets say you change through pokemon right, the talking script is doing it in the order of the pokemon option screen.
I had a piplup out, and the pokemon talking did it from the pokemon option screen order which was pikachu.
Also a remove, and go back feature when the pokemon is being healed by nurse joy, would make it seem more realistic.

Your piplup is the 6th Pokemon so the 6th Pokemon is out, it isn't dependent to your first Pokemon Pikachu.
Anyway, i'll make the first Pokemon come out after you use PC or change first Pokemon

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
-If you face your Pokemon and bring up the pause menu, and choose any of the options on the menu, then when you exit, the game makes you talk to you're Pokemon. Shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Years
Update to v3.0.3, read the change logs.
BTW, someone give me one star for this script ~.~ Very disappointed ~.~

mattfriends

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 16, 2015
Nice, I'm not expert at Scene_Map or Map stuff so sorry, I can't help you.

Last edited:

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
The bulbasur is bugged (the one with the event) its coming along great. you want stars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back