• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Anime Revamp

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
This has been a long time coming so sorry for the delay.

As many of you may have seen the Pokemon Anime forum has been rather stagnant so to speak in terms of activity in the past few months. There is only so much discussion going on every so often. I'd like to see that change, I hope we can encourage both in depth discussion like we have with certain characters as well as more poll creations that beg simple questions. To encourage discussion and thread creation I will be handing out the anime forum Emblem which I plan to hand out to a few regulars already.

27.png
AshOK.png

My intent from the get go is for Community involvement hence why the site is called PokeCommunity. I'd like to see this done through as I said aforementioned discussions and community projects.

I'd also like to encourage more gaming or going series ideas like ABP, Run Suicune, Run!, and any other Pokemon Anime Trivia like games. It should be fun for everyone and of course I will try and work Emblems into them as rewards.

Now I'd like to hear everyone else ideas, suggestions, etc (=.

Years
Thank you for the emblem! :3

Anyways, as for ideas, I've always thought it would be nice if we had a thread for each main character where people can post their opinions on and discuss said character. I'm sure people have lots to say about, say, Max, but do not have a thread to do it in. We don't seem to have enough threads going to garner more thought-out posts right now nor anything that encourages (friendly) debate which would help threads stay alive. I'd like it if we could discuss characters in their own appropriate threads. :D It only seems right to have a place to talk about current or previous traveling partners since they were the highlight of the show.

Games also sound great; I'd be all for that and would love to participate.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
No problem you deserved it (=.

~ I talked with AshPikastar over via about this, it may seem to FanClubish but I think we can work with that. Just as games may seem to Trivia forum like. I think Threads dedicated may have success looking at how much posts the "Who Misses Misty, May, and Dawn" threads have drawn. As well as topics like Gary vs. Paul. Which could also be coupled as debate as well. If we do have discusses geared to specific characters, id like to see lets say new topics with in the topic at least once a week to generate some on going discussing as well as you mentioned debate.

~ That's kind of how I feel. Here I can make a thread about simplistic things that the question is simple and manner which in turn gives the poster a simple response. These threads are easier to get responses then threads that I actually put "thought" behind but they were overlooked but the simple answer poll type of threads.

~ And I definitely would like to see positive debate not the former kind of debates we have had with certain banned members who are too biased toward one view and can never admit that their position is not always the right one.

Hopefully some of this stuff can lead to a farther expansion of Pokemon Anime like we have with Episode Discussion which also is left to be desired. And what I mean by that is past generation discussion is almost none existant. The threads Hiiro made receive little to no comments. And you can't tell me people still don't want the old anime and still don't have comments to add to them. So anyone have ideas on how to revise this? Maybe do away with the threads and have something else? Or maybe something else to encourage posting in those threads?

Games does sound great, it's just a matter of ideas for pokemon themed games as well as ideas for on going series discussions.

Also Mew mentioned character Bios so if we are discussing character discussion often we can get into compiling Bios about them together.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I'd love for a Pokemon Anime Trivia event. It would be pretty fun imo. :3 Also, this may seem like a strange (and maybe pointless?) idea, but I think there should be a 'rota' of sorts for who makes the threads. I mean, I know Mew~ likes to make his review threads, but (SORRY MEW BB I STILL LY) I think other people should be given the opportunity to make a thread. I know it's kinda silly but meh. It could go like this;

(these are just random dates)

4/02/12 - Charismatic Gym Leader Appears! Elesa Enters - Kenshin5
11/02/12 - Nimbasa Gym!! Lightning Battle!! - Mew~
18/02/12 - Ash & Cilan VS The Subway Bosses - dragonomega

and so forth. And as for the future Japanese titles, idk. I'm not really interested in those since I don't visit other sites (other than Serebii) for Anime info.

EDIT
Kenshin5 said:
Also Mew mentioned character Bios so if we are discussing character discussion often we can get into compiling Bios about them together.

That sounds like a pretty good idea, I wouldn't mind helping when the time comes. :3

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I'd love for a Pokemon Anime Trivia event. It would be pretty fun imo. :3 Also, this may seem like a strange (and maybe pointless?) idea, but I think there should be a 'rota' of sorts for who makes the threads. I mean, I know Mew~ likes to make his review threads, but (SORRY MEW BB I STILL LY) I think other people should be given the opportunity to make a thread. I know it's kinda silly but meh. It could go like this;

(these are just random dates)

and so forth. And as for the future Japanese titles, idk. I'm not really interested in those since I don't visit other sites (other than Serebii) for Anime info.
I would have too see what everyone else thinks of the idea of not having it first come first serve. I know what you mean since me and Mew were the only ones doing the Subs for awhile. Me personally I don't mind designating, but I just want them to get it up in a timely manner. Also on the subject of Episodes, starting last week I am showing the episode preview in my Blog so to maybe attract more people to the topic to speculate or comment on it. So maybe people can also do this as well if they want to. Just an advantage all you Supporters have.

Here are some other thoughts I just came up with atm that I kind of thought of from other forums and Emblems.

1. Most forums have a Daily Chit Chat, so maybe one in place for Pokemon Anime? Most of the discussion would be generally kept to Pokemon Anime of course.

2. Going back to the character discussion threads lets say a person posts enough in them then they get an Emblem pertaining to that specific character. Like how we have in Daily Chit Chat after people get a certain amount of posts, and then apply the concept of the Link Emblem put to the Anime Characters.

3. If we do have character discussions and they have their own threads, I'd like to spread the wealth and limit thread creation to one per user.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
1. Most forums have a Daily Chit Chat, so maybe one in place for Pokemon Anime? Most of the discussion would be generally kept to Pokemon Anime of course.

2. Going back to the character discussion threads lets say a person posts enough in them then they get an Emblem pertaining to that specific character. Like how we have in Daily Chit Chat after people get a certain amount of posts, and then apply the concept of the Link Emblem put to the Anime Characters.

3. If we do have character discussions and they have their own threads, I'd like to spread the wealth and limit thread creation to one per user.

I think the anime having a DCC would be good. I mean, nearly every other forum on here has some sort of chit-chat thread.

So what you're saying is that, if a person gathers up a certain amount of posts in the DCC they gain an emblem. This is just my opinion but I don't think that's a good idea, I mean people could just spam to get the certain amount of posts. I mean yeah each post could be checked to see if it's a worthy post but then if the post count for the emblem is say 100, that would mean a lot of time would have to go into it. But if the post count is low like 10 it would mean a lot of people would get the emblem for a few posts that may not contribute to the DCC topic. D:

A question about the character bios. How would it work exactly? Because... I was kinda stalking your conversation with Mew~ ;o; and I saw that you said it could be better than Serebii or Bulbapedia's bios. So would say... a member (maybe just regulars?) just choose a character from a list and make the bio adding every specific detail they can. Would these be in all one thread? Or would they be in separate threads with a sticky index thread so they can be found easily? This is probably a long shot what if there was perhaps a Character Bios sub-forum where they would be placed once finished.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years

I think the anime having a DCC would be good. I mean, nearly every other forum on here has some sort of chit-chat thread.

So what you're saying is that, if a person gathers up a certain amount of posts in the DCC they gain an emblem. This is just my opinion but I don't think that's a good idea, I mean people could just spam to get the certain amount of posts. I mean yeah each post could be checked to see if it's a worthy post but then if the post count for the emblem is say 100, that would mean a lot of time would have to go into it. But if the post count is low like 10 it would mean a lot of people would get the emblem for a few posts that may not contribute to the DCC topic. D:

A question about the character bios. How would it work exactly? Because... I was kinda stalking your conversation with Mew~ ;o; and I saw that you said it could be better than Serebii or Bulbapedia's bios. So would say... a member (maybe just regulars?) just choose a character from a list and make the bio adding every specific detail they can. Would these be in all one thread? Or would they be in separate threads with a sticky index thread so they can be found easily? This is probably a long shot what if there was perhaps a Character Bios sub-forum where they would be placed once finished.
No to Emblems for DCC I got the idea from others. I was applying that to character discussions no a potential DCC for PA. If it was outright spamming I'd probably just delete there posts and warn them not to make uncontributive posts such as the one they previously made.

Character Bios is just a vague idea atm. It could maybe be better to an extent some some of what they mention is just a main overview of their actions. Especially at Serebii were it's just short based with achievements and pokemon listing. Not to take away from either site though. I don't know how the set up for the Bios would work atm.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
I like the idea for having a Pokemon Anime Daily Chit Chat. Most of the forum that have that seem to get a good enough activity. Since this is the Pokemon Anime section, maybe we can have some nights for streaming the old Pokemon movies? I liked how we were able to watch the first Pokemon movie during the Holiday Hop event. A lot of members had came into watch the movie. If we do this for the Anime section, maybe that'll help out with the activity as well.

For the Pokemon clubish type thing, we can easily pull clubs like "Ash, Dawn, and Dento" fanclubs from the group section and move it over to this area. This'll defiantly help out those clubs since it seems to fit more of the Pokemon groups instead of the characters. The Dento/Cilan Fanclub used to be super active but now the activity is going down the drain like pouring water into a glass. That's the best way to put it. And I'm sure that other members would love to post in the Team Rocket fanclub if it in this section. I guess the people who are a huge fan of the Pokemon Anime don't really look at the groups since it's mainly the Pokemon group area, not realizing that we have clubs for the characters there as well.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I like the idea for having a Pokemon Anime Daily Chit Chat. Most of the forum that have that seem to get a good enough activity. Since this is the Pokemon Anime section, maybe we can have some nights for streaming the old Pokemon movies? I liked how we were able to watch the first Pokemon movie during the Holiday Hop event. A lot of members had came into watch the movie. If we do this for the Anime section, maybe that'll help out with the activity as well.

For the Pokemon clubish type thing, we can easily pull clubs like "Ash, Dawn, and Dento" fanclubs from the group section and move it over to this area. This'll defiantly help out those clubs since it seems to fit more of the Pokemon groups instead of the characters. The Dento/Cilan Fanclub used to be super active but now the activity is going down the drain like pouring water into a glass. That's the best way to put it. And I'm sure that other members would love to post in the Team Rocket fanclub if it in this section. I guess the people who are a huge fan of the Pokemon Anime don't really look at the groups since it's mainly the Pokemon group area, not realizing that we have clubs for the characters there as well.
> I'd like to think PA DCC would work out and actually we can take the Simple Questions and just incorporate it in to DCC so in the opening post I'd say if you have Simple Questions you can ask them here. Then maybe we could re-work the FAQ like Mew told me it probably needs to be updated, and I am opening to hear suggest on more FAQ questions.

> The streaming would kind of contradict the rules in place not only here but PC. I would definitely have to run this by the staff before implementing this for sure. Streaming would definitely attract a lot of people whether it was occasionally or weekly. Also if we were going to stream I wouldn't be the one doing it.

> Rather moving the Clubs over I'd like to start over fresh. I don't want to make them Clubs per say, but to generally centralize discussion of a said character into that topic. It would definitely kill two birds with one stone, as the fan clubs do generally talk about the character and aspects of the character. And yes I could see how they could be overlooked.

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Why must I miss almost everything whilst I'm asleep. dragonomega, stop being nocturnal.

On the topic of episode titles. I have to admit, with the review threads, don't eat me for being the only one to post them. Most of the time I've posted them late, which has left enough time for anyone else to post one, I've also stated at least once in the most recent ones that people should be sure to post the review thread themselves if they wish to discuss it.

Originally Posted by dragonomega said:
As for this, we had something similar a few years ago between a few old regulars, it worked sort of, but I think keeping it more open will help the section a lot more, instead of keeping it, like kenshin said, to first come first served.

I'd like us to do something about getting the dub more attention, most of the recent review threads have been luck to get even one reply.

Originally Posted by Kenshin5 said:
Daily Chit Chat
I thought the Shipping Debates thread was our Daily Chit Chat. D: You might as well change the name to "The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates / Daily Chit Chat" I think AK47 got Hiiro to do that once. xD;

character bio
I thought of this idea whilst discussing to Kenshin the idea of community projects, which I don't think he got too well. What I think would be a good idea, would be something like a Best Wishes / Black & White Character Bio Database. Every member could have a chance at posting a character after each episode, detailing their Pokémon, Personality and more. So it would start off with Ash, Cilan and Iris, and then expand with recurring characters and then probably just the one time characters. So idk, I could probably start with a template for Ash, and then whoever wants to can follow up with Iris and Cilan, and see where it goes from there.

I've also thought about updating the episode index also, to probably something like, a short summary + picture and link to review thread.
Originally Posted by Jorah said:
I got that emblem ages ago
this

Last edited by a moderator:

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I got that emblem ages ago, when I was actually active XD

Yeah, me, Vernikova, Blue_Drifblim, and Charaxes used to take it in turns to do the review threads years ago, in the times of DP~ Episode discussion seems so cut off now that it has its own little sub-section.

And the renaming to Daily Chat thread was when Vernikova was trolling, I remember that because she changed it to my name XD "Jorah's Daily Chat" XD

But yeah, I agree with Mew~ in possibly making the Shipping thread the DC of Pokemon Anime...it used to be that way when it was more active. Although it could be a little confusing/annoying for people who just want to talk about shipping? Well, no harm in just trying it for a while to see if it works? *shrug*

I actually like the ideas for this revamp so far, they're much better than the one's from the last few times the area was going to be revamped. I also like the idea of streaming/watching movies together. It just seems so cute.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Mew~ said:
Why must I miss almost everything whilst I'm asleep. dragonomega, stop being nocturnal.

On the topic of episode titles. I have to admit, with the review threads, don't eat me for being the only one to post them. Most of the time I've posted them late, which has left enough time for anyone else to post one, I've also stated at least once in the most recent ones that people should be sure to post the review thread themselves if they wish to discuss it.
So I can steal your Episode titles again =p

Completely agree with the Dub titles. Mew told me in the past and I have seen for myself that he didn't make an episode title until 3-4 after the episode release. People have ample time to get Dub episodes up. They know what they are going to be in a week in advance at the very least.

Mew~ said:
As for this, we had something similar a few years ago between a few old regulars, it worked sort of, but I think keeping it more open will help the section a lot more, instead of keeping it, like kenshin said, to first come first served.
Mew~ said:

I'd like us to do something about getting the dub more attention, most of the recent review threads have been luck to get even one reply.

I would just have to say that whoever is either designated for the next episode should get it out no more the 2 days after the episode title is released. Whereas me and you usually get it up an hour or two after the other places have it up.

Dub have been lackluster, for some time now. I'd comment on them myself but I already saw the episode and reviewed it in the Subs months ago. I try and comment again on the ones that interested me though.

Mew~ said:
I thought of this idea whilst discussing to Kenshin the idea of community projects, which I don't think he got too well. What I think would be a good idea, would be something like a Best Wishes / Black & White Character Bio Database. Every member could have a chance at posting a character after each episode, detailing their Pokémon, Personality and more. So it would start off with Ash, Cilan and Iris, and then expand with recurring characters and then probably just the one time characters. So idk, I could probably start with a template for Ash, and then whoever wants to can follow up with Iris and Cilan, and see where it goes from there.

I've also thought about updating the episode index also, to probably something like, a short summary + picture and link to review thread.
We can start off with BW then once we have adequate info on that we could go back to previous gens. So we need to focus on the here in now then we can expand upon that. You can if you want, I am just trying to think where we would house the info and make it easily viewable to everyone but at the same time not cluttered.

You can also go ahead and make a new episode index to your specifications. Hopefully it will be an improvement over said links. And can update it from time to time as well.
I got that emblem ages ago, when I was actually active XD

Yeah, me, Vernikova, Blue_Drifblim, and Charaxes used to take it in turns to do the review threads years ago, in the times of DP~ Episode discussion seems so cut off now that it has its own little sub-section.

And the renaming to Daily Chat thread was when Vernikova was trolling, I remember that because she changed it to my name XD "Jorah's Daily Chat" XD

But yeah, I agree with Mew~ in possibly making the Shipping thread the DC of Pokemon Anime...it used to be that way when it was more active. Although it could be a little confusing/annoying for people who just want to talk about shipping? Well, no harm in just trying it for a while to see if it works? *shrug*

I actually like the ideas for this revamp so far, they're much better than the one's from the last few times the area was going to be revamped. I also like the idea of streaming/watching movies together. It just seems so cute.
Maybe I can think of more Emblem ideas for Anime based things. And for people that help with projects I can give a Helping Hand Emblem or something similar to that.

Maybe split the forum from Subs and Dubs... Reduces the clutter, even though we have an index that directs the user to the Episode titles.

Taking the Shipping Thread off and adding DCC would be better then the current situation. Also there is a still a good way to maintain Shipping. This is pending it would get activity, but like we were discussing earlier have series of threads based on a specific character i.e. fan clubs and then add specific Shipping Threads in that forum so the sub forum would be something like Character Discussion & Shipping. Kills a Sticky and still maintains the shipping and we get to have a DCC instead.

Years
As a potential way to kill the dead OG and AG stickies, we could make a general sticky for pre-BW discussion in the main PA forum. I think a big problem was that those threads are in Episode Discussion, so they are always overlooked. If a new sticky merging the two was made in PA it would definitely gain more exposure. y/n?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I don't really see the point. It's just a lot more organised the way it is anyway. If we were going to chuck in something like that, maybe it could sort of go in with the daily chit chat idea, only expanded on a little - as in we could discuss random episodes from any series. I'm sure a lot of regulars would enjoy general discussion like that. A bit of a messy idea, but it could work.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I am looking at redoing a few of the pinned topics namely the FAQ and Episode Index, so before I do I want to get so opinion one how you want the episodes to be displayed as and what questions may be questions worth adding to the FAQs. For the episode index I am curious if I should edit the episode titles and have them inline with say Bulbapedia listing or have them still include how it is now encase we get episode 23 & 24 aired one day.

I am also looking to start some sort of character bio at least starting with best wishes soon enough.

Years
Wow, things have really quieted down here. Its been too long since I visited! I fully support the idea of a section for character discussion. Its something I've already suggested at Bulbagarden and it would make things seem much more organized. I am a little concerned that the number of threads have dwindled down to only a single page. I'd like to suggest making an exception to the 30 day post rule, or even making it much longer because that way new members or people that have just been away a while can get the opportunity to renew conversations instead of them being lost after that time. Usually I stick around other forums in order to keep the mayhem down because they have a lot of interesting discussions, but I feel that this forum houses more open-minded members who tolerate others opinions, so I'd like to see the anime section boom with popularity sometime! Let me know what I can do to help.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
The think with a section dedicated to character discussion only is that there isn't enough activity to warrant a subforum unto itself. Yes Ash related topics such as him being nerfed and made noob again seems like a weekly occurant in one way shape in form. But if there was a forum dedicated it would just take anyway topic activity from an already low topic count. Topic revival shouldn't be an issue, more of the issue comes with people reviving topics several years old. Or topics from half a year ago, and when they do revive it they really add nothing to the topic. As long as it is not a super old revival and the poster actually contributes to the discussion I really have no issue with it.

Years
Well its been a few months since this whole topic even began, so what can we do now to attract more people? What if you considered making a general discussion topic for each main character?

Actually, new sections can sometimes be the ticket. BMGf opened a section for speculation for the BW2 anime, and they just exploded with activity. Pokecommunity could do a similar thing, maybe even have some fun contests or something.

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Character specific discussions would be nice. But as I said it make take away from other topics which would make the forum look even less active. I think I will go ahead on a general discussion topic such as they have in other forums though.

Only problem is no one has really raised much speculation outside one topic in the current forum so I don't see that a new sub forum would remedy that issue.

Do you have any ideas for contests?

Years
The first step to getting more activity is to give people a reason to click on the anime section in the first place, to "walk into the store" so to speak.

Being about anime, naturally contests could revolve around speculating how future events will unfold, such as Ash's position in the league, Pokemon that might evolve or be captured, or what Team Rocket/ Team Plasma will do. Or maybe there could be trivia contests, where some really hard questions are given for the most hardcore anime fans.

As for new sub-sections, even temporary ones, let me use an analogy off the top of my head. Think of a subsection as a restaurant that operates inside a hotel. People who want to go to the restaurant see the inside of the hotel on the way and might think "this place is nice, maybe I'll stay here sometime". In other words, getting people regularly involved in anime related discussion in one board is likely to get them conversing in related boards as well. That's just my thoughts, XD but you can do whatever you like. If I come up with anything else that can help, I'll be sure to let you know =)

Back