• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
PM me I will help you there... ;)

Light Platinum is not 100 % translated yet but only those parts were translated which were necessary for game play. Just play the game and you will understand

Wha-huh? It's 100% translated. I translated 100% of it. If you're seeing portuguese, you've patched it incorrectly.

And no, it's very unlikely that I'll do any further work on this hack. It's english and playable, and the bugs are strange and elusive beasts. Good enough, I think! The only thing I'd change right now are the typos in the Sinnoh dex entries, but that's not much of a priority. Hope you're all enjoying it!

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2013
Wha-huh? It's 100% translated. I translated 100% of it. If you're seeing portuguese, you've patched it incorrectly.

And no, it's very unlikely that I'll do any further work on this hack. It's english and playable, and the bugs are strange and elusive beasts. Good enough, I think! The only thing I'd change right now are the typos in the Sinnoh dex entries, but that's not much of a priority. Hope you're all enjoying it!
I think they mean the Pokemon center. The dialogue nurse joy gives is still in Portugese.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Uh, no it isn't. You've patched it incorrectly, or used the wrong rom.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I think they mean the Pokemon center. The dialogue nurse joy gives is still in Portugese.
When, where, what?

Well I searched, but I could only find one post that didn't answer my question. I tried Google, but no dice there either.

Where can I find Skitty? I'm really hoping that she (or could be he) is in this mod/hack/game.
Nope. Skitty is not present.

Years

Well the last time I played it by patching on a clean Ruby 1.0 ROM as well as on the final version, I still saw Jasmine on the very start speaking with a mix Portugese and English language. blah !

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
I need help! I saved my game inside of the sky tower and after defeating Team Steam I was unable to leave the tower. Some guy is standing in front of the doorway and when I talk to him he says that I cannot enter the tower. I am using vizzed so I can't use the "walk through walls" hack. What should I do? I don't want to have to restart the game as my team is amazing and it has pokerus.

I found a solution. I just went outside and used fly. He was blocking the area right outside the door, so I could leave the tower, but do nothing else.

I need help again and this time I can't just fly my way away from the problem.
I saved in the pokemon center after having gotten rid of the aron in flamerny and I had a save state inside of the gym. I opened up the game and the aron were back and I couldn't solve the problem so I was going to my save state, but I accidentally hit the wrong button and made a new save state. I don't want to have to restart. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Years
I need help! I saved my game inside of the sky tower and after defeating Team Steam I was unable to leave the tower. Some guy is standing in front of the doorway and when I talk to him he says that I cannot enter the tower. I am using vizzed so I can't use the "walk through walls" hack. What should I do? I don't want to have to restart the game as my team is amazing and it has pokerus.

I found a solution. I just went outside and used fly. He was blocking the area right outside the door, so I could leave the tower, but do nothing else.

I need help again and this time I can't just fly my way away from the problem.
I saved in the pokemon center after having gotten rid of the aron in flamerny and I had a save state inside of the gym. I opened up the game and the aron were back and I couldn't solve the problem so I was going to my save state, but I accidentally hit the wrong button and made a new save state. I don't want to have to restart. Any ideas?
This could be happening due to the fact that you are not playing it on VBA . All other emulation sources have been reported creating problems. Also If you play on Vizzed by patching the ROM try changing it also

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2013
Hello!
I'm blocked in pokémon light platinum, please help me!
The 6th gym is not in the gym and not at the power plant !
Sorry, my english is bad because i'm french.
Thanks
Tortipouss2002
P.S : Please, where i find Axew and Klink?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2013
I'm a new member looking for some help. I got this game (the English version) and patched it to a clean Ruby 1.0 Rom. I made it to the national park and caught a horsea and evolved it to seadra. Then I looked up if there was a way to evolve Seadra, on page 157 (I think) of this thread somebody said it can evolve to kingdra at level 50. I got it to 50 and it didn't evolve. Did I patch it incorrectly, was that not true, or is there a way I can fix it without starting over.

P.S. I know there is a seadra that evolves when traded but I don't like traded pokemon. It's a personal preference.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2020
There is a slight glitch with the complete Pokemon Light Platinum: When you are defeated by Diamond after defeating or capturing the pichu from drowning, when you return to the bridge you can capture or defeat the pichu again.

Years
I'm a new member looking for some help. I got this game (the English version) and patched it to a clean Ruby 1.0 Rom. I made it to the national park and caught a horsea and evolved it to seadra. Then I looked up if there was a way to evolve Seadra, on page 157 (I think) of this thread somebody said it can evolve to kingdra at level 50. I got it to 50 and it didn't evolve. Did I patch it incorrectly, was that not true, or is there a way I can fix it without starting over.

P.S. I know there is a seadra that evolves when traded but I don't like traded pokemon. It's a personal preference.
Then I am afraid your own personally caught Seadra cannot evolve into Kingdra. Wesley only added these pokes who evolve with trading by special in game trading. What I mean is you cannot also obtain Pokes like Gengar, Machamp etc with the method you are trying

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

Then... your personal preference has to change...
Every Pokemon that is available through trading can ONLY be obtained by trading.
Pokemon can only have one way of evolution.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2013
Then... your personal preference has to change...
Every Pokemon that is available through trading can ONLY be obtained by trading.
Pokemon can only have one way of evolution.

Ok, I got the Kingdra but is there any way to change the dumb nickname and OT. Gameshark or anything like that?

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2015
Question for those with knowledge, as I just learned about ROM editing and IPS and such this week. My girlfriend and I am both playing this ROM, and would like to be able to battle and trade. We were already doing so with normal Ruby roms, worked great.

I know others have asked why it was removed, and the reason was because it could have unexpected results. If we are both playing this ROM, would it all work out fine? If so, I am looking to learn how to edit the ROM, and add maybe a trading/battle floor to the first pokecenter. So far, the map editors confuse me...If anyone with knowledge would do it, I would be willing to send some paypal for the effort!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Ok, I got the Kingdra but is there any way to change the dumb nickname and OT. Gameshark or anything like that?
Nope... unfortunately, what is set in trade cannot be changed.
Though...
Nickname could probably be changed with Trader Advanced...
But that might have bad influence on ROM...

Question for those with knowledge, as I just learned about ROM editing and IPS and such this week. My girlfriend and I am both playing this ROM, and would like to be able to battle and trade. We were already doing so with normal Ruby roms, worked great.
ROM hacking is free business, you shouldn't offer money ;)
Anyways... hackers remove trading to prevent unnecessary glitches... so forcefully adding trading may do more worse than good.

Back