• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Origin

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
I know that I've been really late at updates and all, nearly a month goes by before there is one small one, but I will attempt to not let this happen. I have a busy life but I enjoy computers, so I will start this small thing right now and ammend the update very, very soon with more shots and info:

capture011.bmp

Wai.......what's the Ranger menu about? Aren't we using HGSS or DPPt styled menus? Yes and no, it's all part of a unique feature for custom gameplay in which I will reveal screenshots of probably tonight. But for now, keep this in mind: 4 Styled. More will be revealed upon the pictures which will be either tonight or tomorrow. The graphics in the Save Screen are most likely going to change, so they will be different from HGSS. (what is in the current shot)

EDIT: As promised, two more menus revealed:

Menu1.bmp
Menu2.bmp
Menu3.bmp

First and foremost, the upper left picture is the DPPt styled menu...right next to it is the image you have already seen, but as a reference I put it up again. Third is the HGSS Styled Menu. Of course, I'm showing the Debug Mode Icon as you all should know, that will not be available in your game for should-be-obvious reasons. ;) You may be asking yourself, why are you showing so many menus? Are we/I supposed to see which one we'd like best? Or maybe are we/I just supposed to look at the possibilities?

The answer is no, it's a new part of the menu engine in which you can literally customize your menu. If you like DPPt, choose that version. If you like HGSS, choose said version. There are only 4 versions to choose from, hence I revealed 3 and not 4 so the final one is still a mystery, to choose from BUT each menu has 3 different styles to it...so the menu system is completely based on choice.

Last edited:

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
@> POKEMONMASTER260

Thank you for some great feedback PkmnMaster260!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And following up with my earlier updates promise, here is something new:

Getting_Items_Showcase.jpg

As you can all see, the item receiving system has been updated. Also, sorry for the text box issues (they are misaligned) I did this in a rush before the week was over...I'll fix that.

The image above shows a change in the way you receive items, now there will be a small bag with various colors depending on the bag pocket that the found item goes in. At the end of the message a little jingle plays like D/P/Pt/HG/SS as well.

Thanks,

CP

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
Years
Looks like an excellent system so the player won't have to check if the item is the key item needed or just a plain item if they can't read english. I just love that system and I have one question, if you want to are you willing to share me that dual screen script in PM? I will give full credit if you want. But you don't have to give it to me.

EDIT: Oh! And I forgot, do you want me to make you another support banner?
Because I'll start right now!

EDIT 2: Here we go!

and the code:

HTML:
[URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=155374/][IMG]http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7798/pokemonoriginsupportbar.png[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
@> Darkerarceus:

That's how I planned it, but I'm missing one last edit that I'll keep secret for now ;) (Goes towards anyone reading this)

Eh...I would prefer not to share the DS script at this time due to the fact that it's infrequent.

As for the support banner, that will be helpful and I thank you for it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the new systems and banner I'll make sure to ammend the first post (with the details) about said images and details.

~ CP

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
Years
That is okay about the dual script and no prob about the support banner as I love making em'.
*Trys to hack CollosalPokemon's user and pass to see if he PM'd the update to his staff members*

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2022
@> POKEMONMASTER260

Thank you for some great feedback PkmnMaster260!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And following up with my earlier updates promise, here is something new:

Getting_Items_Showcase.jpg

As you can all see, the item receiving system has been updated. Also, sorry for the text box issues (they are misaligned) I did this in a rush before the week was over...I'll fix that.

The image above shows a change in the way you receive items, now there will be a small bag with various colors depending on the bag pocket that the found item goes in. At the end of the message a little jingle plays like D/P/Pt/HG/SS as well.

Thanks,

CP
You're welcome, Collosal.

Death5 Shadow

Apocalyptic Salvation
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
Ok let me get this straight before i make myself sound like even more of an idiot is the bag suppose to look like it's over your head or do you want it on the ground because i can make some thing that makes your character look like he pulls off his back pack and looks around in it

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
@> Death5 Shadow:

The bag is meant to look like the picture, the way that it is centered makes it easily noticeable and as such you'll know if you received an item for certain pocket right away.

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2010
I'm sorry to say this but I don't like the way your game looks at all. The resolutions are really bad and everything is too pixelated. I don't like your tiles one bit and they look very awkward. I also sincierly dislike your ideas. The bag system is not special at all and the bag images look terrible and their position is also bad. You haven't made any use out of the bottom screen and the menus just look ugly. Also for the bag you mentioned that it is there to help people that don't read english understand which bag they put their item in. Well that's just very stupid because how is any person supposed to know what the colors mean. Now imagine you are in their situation: You can't read english and then an ugly colored bag appears when you pick up and item. How is that supposed to help at all? I'm sorry but there is just nothing attractive about this game. The graphics are bad and ugly. The resolution is not approperiate. And you haven't showed us much appart from those insignificant features you like to brag about. How long have you been supposedly working on this and yet you can't show one single screenshot of any other systems like the battle one. My 8-year-old brother is able to do the features that you have stated and if he were to fake them I'm sure that it would look better.

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
@> PokeGamerExtreme:

Hi Gamer, it's okay that you personally don't like it though I know that many others enjoy it. The resolutions are not finalized but it is actually improved from the original resolution, everything is not pixellated but it appears that way because of the shots I take. Heh, then you don't like Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum's tiles one bit either because they are exactly the same as mine. Well the bag system actually is going to change, note that I am creating improvements to the bag system that'll make it worthwhile. Actually I have, did you not see the menus at all? Or did you just glance, completely forgot about what they actually looked like, and said they are ugly? Color codings...each pocket in the bag is the same as the color of the bag, it wouldn't be too hard to figure out what each of the colors mean. The colors are not that bad but simply could use adjustments. If you feel that way then I can't say much because I'm not you but most people feel differently. Again, if you feel that way then you dislike all of Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum's graphics. If you feel that the resolution is bad then it's okay but the resolution isn't final. Actually I have shown quite a few significant screens. Well I've been working with the Dual Screen since the middle of this summer, and adjusting all of the GBA scripts to DS ones isn't a piece of cake because they require not just recoordinates, but also added graphics and scripting, in which I know how to do but it takes time. Okay then, please show this so-called 8-year-old brother's RMXP screenshots. Or can you not because you "don't think I deserve to see them?" If so then you're bluffing about this whole thing.

So go ahead, prove your 8-year-old brother can do better, prove it to me...and to everyone.

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
Well well well, here's something that might help people understand I haven't been lying at all about the Dual Screen engine; A 1 minute 3 second video:

Please excuse the no audio problem though, the Hypercam messed up the audio while I was recording it. The video contains:

1) A updated Load Screen (As you should see briefly in the video and a screenshot below)

and

2) Gameplay from a empty Twinleaf town (but proof that the movement and Dual Screen are both real) which will be improved soon.

Oh, and also, here is a clear shot of the load screen so you can reference it better since it was shown only briefly in the video:

Pkmn_Origin%20LoadScene.bmp

~ CP

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Ok...my first reaction when I saw the post was like: "Yes...OMG! Finally a video to see what there is in the game!" Then I started it and there was the loading screen, which looks cool btw, and then the real deal. Then again, I'm left dissapointed. Just when I though finally, it can't get any better than the video, well it can acctually. This video again shows us almost nothing. Let me get to my points:

1. There was not much going on, you could at least have showed us the new menus and saving stuff, but instead there was just walking going on
2. Twinleaf town isn't mapped well. It is tooooooo big and there are vast and unused spaces open.
3. Also, you could have used the bottom screen more during the standby (map scene), I mean put more of your new features on it while on the map, or even the simple HGSS menu.

Years
This game looks very promising, but I think it's a little bit raw at the minute. While the ideas and implementation are fairly solid, there's a lack of finesse throughout. For example, on your latest screenshot, I can see that the badges and text are double size, but the background isn't, which makes it look blocky and poorly designed, but it's only a simple fix. The same thing applies comparing the bottom screen background with play. I could go on about that, but I think you get the idea.

I also have to agree with Luka about the mapping, but I'd assume that's just a tester map. However, the building art, as PokeGamer mentioned, doesn't fit at all, and some actually look lopsided in places. If you're looking to implement the 3D style, I'd recommend using 874521's tiles instead, but that's up to you.

On a different note, I really like the bag idea, but I think it needs to perhaps be bigger or more obvious (perhaps a background similar to the VS trainer bar would look good), as it currently looks like it's just been dropped on Lucas' head. :P
Finally, your signature image is huge, so change it before you're pulled up on it ;)

Good luck!
NikNaks

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
@> Luka S.J. :

I noticed much of what you are saying, this was meerly to show that the movements and DS was down and not so much the game engines. I plan on making on of those soon, since I have a new trainer card and pokemon selection screen pretty much down. Again, I noted that the map, as NikNaks said, is a "test" map. The next video will have more gameplay and engines to show. I might also add something new to the Load scene if I get the time but that's not really a priority for now.

@> NikNaks:

I realized those things too, but after the video was up. They will be fixed in the near future though.

The building art wasn't complete, I'm missing quite a few tiles so I didn't get them in time for the video.

Yeah, I have some work with the whole bag scheme but thank you for the compliment on what was shown so far.

Death5 Shadow

Apocalyptic Salvation
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
I basically just ment that it was just chopping off the top of his head but the concept of everything seems really cool and i'm looking forward to the finished product. Good luck

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Improve you mapping and this could be good. your dual screen looks great though.....

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
@> Death5 Shadow and PokemonOI:

Thank you both, and the maps will be better OI but I didn't have enough up-to-date maps with my tiles (rather than Kyledove's) to show in that video, I'll have a better one when and if I make another video.

Update! I've been working these past few days on a custom Trainer Card script (not the one from Pokemon Essentials) and I'm almost done, all I have left is the score system so I thought why not share some screenies for you guys:

capture015.bmp

capture016.bmp

Props to Hall Of Famer for his custom badges and gym leader icons in D/P/Pt style! (used in the screenshots btw) The Date system (Month/Day/Year) is something priliminary that I wrote, it will improve as well. The reason that the date was 00 00 00 is because that's the default date for the system...which will, again, be fixed sometime soon.

Death5 Shadow

Apocalyptic Salvation
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
dude if i read that picture above right we are going to face all the gym leaders right?

Back