• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help me with my platinum team please

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2011
So far I haven't had that hard of a time picking pokemon for my team but now I am not sure. My current team is:
PRINPLUP, lvl 29, Bashful Nature
Defog
Fury Attack
BubbleBeam
peck
LUXIO, lvl 29, Rash Nature
Tackle
Bite
Charge
Spark
HOUNDOOM, lvl 25, Modest Nature
Smog
Roar
Bite
Odor Sleuth
YANMA, lvl 27, Hasty Nature(I have 2 of them though and the other is timid)
SonicBoom
Detect
Supersonic
Uproar
MACHOKE, lvl 29, Sassy Nature
Revenge
Rock Smash
Vital Throw
Karate Chop
KIRLIA, lvl 29, Gentle Nature
Confusion
Magical Leaf
Calm Mind
Lucky Chant

I know they aren't that high level but I just want to be prepared and have a good team. The pokemon I'm unsure on if they should be on my team are:

RHYHORN, lvl 22, Impish Nature
Tail Whip
Stomp
Fury Attack
Scary Face
TANGELA, lvl 30, Relaxed Nature
Vine Whip
Bind
Mega Drain
Stun Spore
HAUNTER, lvl 25, Rash Nature
Confuse Ray
Shadow Punch
Curse
Night Shade
PONYTA,lvl 28, Lonely Nature
Take Down
Flame Wheel
Fire Spin
Ember

I have others but they are over 10 levels below im worried about not really having a fire type even tho technicly houndoom is but yeah just looking for advice =)

Last edited:

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
honestly i would change the yamma with a starly it will help u better in the long run

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 28, 2013
Well...in my opinion don't go for Ponyta if you want Houndoom (obviously).
If you want Ponyta definitely get Gengar (I mean Haunter) too, he's too powerful. I just don't recommend using both Houndoom and Gengar because dark & ghost are quite similar. It's still OK, though.
BTW Gengar can do psychic so it'll overlap with Gardevoir.
I haven't try out Rhyhorn but Rhyperior seems a good choice. You could try it out. As for Machoke...well, I seldom use pure fighting types as they seems specialized to me.
Just a bit of opinions.

Years
I advise you to choose something as a replacement for Luxio/Luxray as its best move is Spark, which is rather weak and Electivire, Raichu or Magnezone are much better.

Back