• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your team

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
When you decide to make a new team, how do you begin? Do you make a general theme for your teams? What kind of pokemon teams do you perfer? (eg. Weather, Balanced, Stall) Maybe you made a certain pokemon to be your set 'mvp?' How do you choose your items fitting each situation? Is team building your strong suit? Do you try and tackle each competitive threat? Or, do you generally stick to your team's strategy?

Feel free to discuss!

Years
I don't make that many teams(in fact I've only made about two) because I like having one really good team I use all the time(the two I made were decent). If I were to make a new one, the first thing would be identifying what kind of team it is(stall balanced ho etc). Then it would be finding the right pokes and cores for the job and make a "draft" of your team and play with it. Adjust the team depending in what worked and what didn't. Then you should have a pretty good team :]

ClumzyTrainR13

Storm Caster
Years
I actually just began my first pokemon "team" quite recently, EV trained and all, and I actualy found it very challenging. Although the reward was worth it, because now I have a team that beats my friend every time, resulting in ultimate bragging wrights :D

QuickSilveri

Veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
I have one team with a common theme: an all Eeveelution Team. (rhymes right?)

Other than that, I look at usefulness ingame and online, mainly concerning stats and the like, then even I go for looks. Making a new team is fun, but I always keep a few pokemon that have always worked for me in the party.

Regards, Chris

Years
I plan to have a nice mix of defensive walls and offensive sweepers so that way I don't lean too much towards one battling style, but basically I tend to just find Pokemon that work well together and then make a team and try them out.

So yeah, I'm basically mixed in terms of strategies. I sometimes use set-up moves if required or a move that abuses a Pokemon's ability well.

Back