• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon TRE2: Team Rocket Edition, The Revamped Episode

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
I made a lot of progress today on the battle screen, though it was a lot of minor and mostly invisible changes, so I won't bore you with the details. BUT here is a video demonstrating its current state.

Let me know what you all think!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
I made a lot of progress today on the battle screen, though it was a lot of minor and mostly invisible changes, so I won't bore you with the details. BUT here is a video demonstrating its current state.

Let me know what you all think!

That's some really cool stuff. The only thing I'm not a fan of is The HP bars. When they're just white on black, you don't have any perspective on how big their maximum width is. I would suggest making the part that has drained away gray. That way you can see "oh, it's at half health".

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
That's some really cool stuff. The only thing I'm not a fan of is The HP bars. When they're just white on black, you don't have any perspective on how big their maximum width is. I would suggest making the part that has drained away gray. That way you can see "oh, it's at half health".

Thanks! That though was actually on my to do list, but didn't get it done before I made the video. I will fix that though

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
I finally finished the in battle minisprites for all pokemon. All that remains for spriting now are the remaining backgrounds. Then a few more maps and then I can get back to programming and continue making actual progress!

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Thanks!

For an update: the battle screen is just about done (except the backgrounds), next i have to finish up a few more screens and then i can move to gameplay (finish maps/items/hms)

Sorry, no screenshots at the moment, but i will annoujce some new features next week!

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Here is an updated battle screen. It shows a new battle background, new level tiles, a new Exp bar, and a pokeball to show that you already own the pokemon you are facing.

Check out the video below to see the changes. Also FYI, the Weepinbell is a level 90 but has the stats of a level 40 (so Golbat can defeat it but still collect a lot of experience points). I didn't touch the base stats of these pokemon.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
This is definitely the coolest thing I've seen in awhile. I hope people realize that this kind of thing is pretty hard to pull off.

I'm still impressed at the creativity behind the design of the battle scenes (even if you weren't the master artist :P).

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Thanks! And yeah I agree, I love those backgrounds, which is why I decided to update the battle screen again to incorporate them. It definitely looks much better than the first update I made. Unfortunately, I'll still have to design 10 or so more on my own, so they won't all look that pretty

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Thanks! The remaining backgrounds are drawn, now i simply have to place them into the game.

UnlawfulExile

Pokemon Let's Player (6k subs)
Years
I am a huge sucker for Team Rocket hacks and this seems to be the most promising one that is actually being worked on lol. Can't wait to try it out :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 16, 2022
The new bag looks awesome. Definitely will try. Any game breaking bugs so far?

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
I am a huge sucker for Team Rocket hacks and this seems to be the most promising one that is actually being worked on lol. Can't wait to try it out :)

Thanks!

The new bag looks awesome. Definitely will try. Any game breaking bugs so far?

Thank you. So far no terrible bugs that I am completely unsure of how to fix... There is one involving you being in a trainers line of sight, but I'll fix it when I get to it. Its hard to tell if there are other major ones because I've been using one game save for the past few months (since nothing I've worked on recently involves starting from the beginning). So I guess we'll see when I get to that point

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
I've spent this past week adding in a bunch of new battle features.

I updated the way the game handles status ailments. Some ailments (like confusion) will still exist for that pokemon even when withdrawn from battle. Other ailments (like toxic) will continue to exist even when the battle ends.

I also changed the way the "obedience" will work. Instead of comparing the pokemon level against your badges, each pokemon will have a specific "obedience" byte. The game will use this byte to determine if the pokemon will obey or not.

This byte starts at a low value (depending on how you obtained it) and will increase the more you use that pokemon. Some events may cause it to decrease, like doing poorly in battle or not being used in a while.

There will be more announced later this week (hopefully with another video this time)

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
As promised, here is the latest update:

I fully implemented Horde Battles. These battles will randomly occur while you are walking in the wild. Only certain pokemon will appear in hordes, and the size will range from 3 to 6 pokemon.

Here is a video demonstrating:

Let me know what you think!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
As promised, here is the latest update:

I fully implemented Horde Battles. These battles will randomly occur while you are walking in the wild. Only certain pokemon will appear in hordes, and the size will range from 3 to 6 pokemon.

Let me know what you think!

Cool. What's the brief summary of the implementation?

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Thanks.

When you encounter a wild pokemon, the game will check to see if the pokemon is one that can appear in a horde. If it is, then there will be ~10% chance of the pokemon appearing in a horde. Then, the amount of pokemon in the horde will randomly be either 34, 5, or 6. There is an even chance for each value.

The game's battle routines will treat the battle like a trainer battle for certain aspects, and like a wild battle for other aspects.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Thanks.

When you encounter a wild pokemon, the game will check to see if the pokemon is one that can appear in a horde. If it is, then there will be ~10% chance of the pokemon appearing in a horde. Then, the amount of pokemon in the horde will randomly be either 34, 5, or 6. There is an even chance for each value.

The game's battle routines will treat the battle like a trainer battle for certain aspects, and like a wild battle for other aspects.

Ok, I was wondering if you just kind of "faked" a trainer battle. Sounds like that's essentially what's going on.

Back