• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

''Freezing Fans'' -- The Ice type Club!

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Hi guys!

Don't tell me you disn't saw the newest trailer for sun and moon.

So a fan favorite, Ninetails, and one of my long time favorte Pokemon, Sandslash, do have an ice form now!

What do you think about these two? Do you like the change? Is it too much? How do you think it's gonna change the gameplay and the way we perceive these two Pokemon? Is there any other Pokemon you wish will have an ice form?

Oh and is there an ice island? On which these forms will appears?

Tell us what you think!

t0gekiss

Yes! I'm so hyped for Sun and Moon right now, but do you think they'll keep megas? No new ones have been announced yet and having two battle mechanics would be a bit over complicated for younger audiences.
Also, I'm definitely pre-ordering this!
Spoiler:

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Yes! I'm so hyped for Sun and Moon right now, but do you think they'll keep megas? No new ones have been announced yet and having two battle mechanics would be a bit over complicated for younger audiences.
Also, I'm definitely pre-ordering this!
Spoiler:

Huh I never saw this ring! Don't think I'm gonna buy it but it's nice!

I don'r think we'll see any new mega but that doesn't mean we can't use the mega system. But we could see new mega too because it isn't a "new" mechanic anymore

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
They look Beautiful! Im not too sure about the Sandslash design but Ninetales is so majestic and beautiful <3

Finally some ice types!

t0gekiss

Guys, I was thinking, maybe we should have a Discord server or anything that we can send messages on to save us from having to use this thread whenever we want to talk or whatever. I'm pretty good with using Discord, so I could everything set up (bots, roles, etc.) Just a little suggestion :)

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
I'm so happy to see a Pokemon like Sandslash, who is usually forgotten about, get some attention! Definitely plan on using that Pokemon line once Sun and Moon come out.

t0gekiss

Yeah, I love what they've done with Ninetales and Sandslash. Did you guys see that Chinese leak? Apparently, Arcanine will be a water type!

Twilight Storm

just your average weirdo ;D
Years
Name: George
Pokecommunity Name: Twilight Storm
Favourite ice type Pokémon: Aurorus. It's so elegant, and pretty, and gah! I just love it. <3
Favourite ice type trainer: Lorelei. Since LeafGreen was the first pokemon game I ever played, she just kinda stuck in my mind. Of course, I also loved her design & pokemon.
Birthday: the day after christmas. 12/26.

Niccia

Chocolate Witch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 1, 2017
Name: Niccia, it's actually my second name but I like it
Pokécommunity Name: Niccia
Favourite Ice type Pokémon?: Glaceon, but I love Mamoswine and Lapras so much.
Favourite ice type trainer?: Candice, her team in platinum is so cool, and she wears a miniskirt in a snowy place, wish I could do that...
Why do you want to join?: Well, ice type had always been my favourite, and I would like to talk about it and its great pokemons.
Birthday: 6/27

Looking forward to join the club!

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
Welcome, welcome everyone!

Since this thread is a bit slow right now how bout a topic?

With the new Alola forms giving both the Sandshrew and Vulpix lines an Ice Typing what other Pokemon do you think would do well with an Ice Typing as well?

First couple that come to mind for me are Ludicolo and Arcanine. Arcanine would make for a very interesting Ice type and goes with the same thought process as Ninetails, with that also having previously been a pure fire type before the new form. And for Ludicolo, it would be interesting if they changed its typing to Water-Ice and continue with its great ability to set up weather by giving it access to Hail. Though not a practical typing, or very original either, it'd sure make for a fun Pokemon!

Niccia

Chocolate Witch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 1, 2017
We need an ice type bug!
I think galvantula would be a good choice, changing its electric type by ice.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
We need an ice type bug!
I think galvantula would be a good choice, changing its electric type by ice.

Yeah that's something I can see! Or ariados, since it's week.

I just love the new Alola Forms! Sandslash was my favorite Pokemon bakc in gen 1, so to see it coming again in a fresh form is awesome. I just hope it's gonna be better! Better stats or moveset.

MurderKode

PokeCritic,PokePower
Years
Name:Kode
Pokecommunity Name:MurderKode
Favorite Ice type pokemon: Lapras
Favorite Ice type trainer: Wulfric
Why do you want to join: To talk about ice types with cool people.
Birthday:April 15th

MurderKode

PokeCritic,PokePower
Years
Also glad to find a ice type place i find it hard to choose a favorite type but ice is in a first place tie with grass

Mr. Showdown

Pokémon professor of the Showdin region
Years
Name: Showdown
Pokécommunity Name: Mr. Showdown
Favourite Ice type Pokémon?: Mega Galie, i love him
Favourite ice type trainer?: Wolfric
Why do you want to join?: I am an Ice type fan
Birthday: april 27

Back