• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2008] Pokémon: rijonAdventures

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Okay, uite the unfortunate error indeed, caused me to quit Rijon last time if I remember right...

So, I was playing like normal, I've been very explorative, when I come across the 4the town... (The one after you get the National Dex Upgrade, forgot it's name, lol.)

ANYWAYS, I got to this city, explored a little, and when I went to go examine a signpost, (It was a white one, I think it was next to the Game Corner, as soon as I looked at it, my screen went black, I could still hear the music from the game, I could see a partial textbox up in the top-left corner, and then my PSP froze.

Now, up until this point, all hacked ROM's work perfectly on my PSP, it can handle any game. It was just this signpost... I can't check on my PC, and I'm testing it again right now... (I have to get there again, my last save was in Hayward City...)
Anyways, thought I'd bring it up, I'll test again (SAVING BEFORE THE SIGN) and I'll report back...

Dunno if this is a PSP Emulator Problem or not, just thought I'd point it out...

EDITAfter investigation (And a bit of speed gaming) I managed to make my way back to Owsauri City, and it turns out it was the Name Rater's house sign... FORTUNATLY, it was a one time thing, and didn't happen a second time... Emulator bug I guess...

Last edited:

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
Years
Wow!^^ I played through the beta and it was awesome! It was a little difficult after Bugsy but I somehow managed to get through. I espeically liked the new Eagolou Park. Very original!^^ The story itself was nintendo style, but I still loved it! You're an awesome hacker, keep up the good work!^^

Btw, Talrus Foothill and Seneca Cavefront's names are based off roman philosophists, I guess? (Well, I have Latin at school and that's why I know that!^^ But I'm only sure about Seneca, Talrus is only a guess...)

Oh, and: Where is your father after you caught 60 Pokemon and talked to Prof. Jane after you beat the Rijon League? I'd really love to go to south Rijon, but he's not home... :(

Hiroshi Sotomura said:
The answer can be found - talk to Daddy's chair.

EDIT: Wow, I wanted to see whether i have the most recent version and I found this!^^

Oh, and I found some bugs (could be some are known, I guess):

1.Pic: The trainer there had a Pokemon with a weird attack...

2. Pic: Wtf, a agiliting Gardevoir?

3. Pic: Wow, the agiliting Gardevoir is also a chrunching Gardevoir!^^

4. Pic: An Odor sleuthing Gardevoir...

5. Pic: Behold the Bouncing Misdreavus!^^

More to come there are some I haven't reported yet, I'll do it later!^^

pokemo10.png

You call it Rijon Tunnel...^^

pokemo11.png

An enduring Alkazam? I know that that's alright since D/P/Pt but it still seems a little weird...^^

pokemo12.png

You can walk through the boxes!^^

pokemo14.png

Again lol, a Vileplume that uses Bite?^^

pokemo15.png

You can walk through the plants!^^

I guess you should use A-Trainer instead of A.P.E. cuz I couldn't change attacks in A.P.E. ...^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2014
Hello, first time here...Wonderful hack, Can't believe how smooth and beautiful the cities/towns are.

Um, and I was just wondering, do Espeons and Umbreons evolve with happiness in daytime/nighttime the same way they do in the games, or do they evolve differently? I'm training an Eevee, but I'd really like to know before I start so I can plan it's movesets and somewhat.

Thank you :)

By the way, is there a move relearner (is that what they're called?) in Rijon? I know there's a move deleter, but I don't think I've seen a move relearner?

Last edited:

Lati-Fan95

Years
Hello, first time here...Wonderful hack, Can't believe how smooth and beautiful the cities/towns are.

Um, and I was just wondering, do Espeons and Umbreons evolve with happiness in daytime/nighttime the same way they do in the games, or do they evolve differently? I'm training an Eevee, but I'd really like to know before I start so I can plan it's movesets and somewhat.

Thank you :)

By the way, is there a move relearner (is that what they're called?) in Rijon? I know there's a move deleter, but I don't think I've seen a move relearner?

He's in a house in Moraga town!^^ It's in the left corner of the map!^^

And the move Deleter is in Eagolou City, just in case you'd like to know that, too!^^

Years
where can i find the HM flash??
can anybody help me??
i know u would get Hm Flash before HM cut but i think i lost it i found it once may be i was sleeping then now when i check my item list i don't have this HM. i don't know if it is a bug or i didn't find the Flash at all or may be i was dreaming can anybody help me??

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2011
I know you can get the Hoenn starters, but where. And can you get any of the rest?

Where are all of them?
(Mainly Cyndaquil, Torchic, Mudkip, and Totodile)

Lati-Fan95

Years
where can i find the HM flash??
can anybody help me??
i know u would get Hm Flash before HM cut but i think i lost it i found it once may be i was sleeping then now when i check my item list i don't have this HM. i don't know if it is a bug or i didn't find the Flash at all or may be i was dreaming can anybody help me??

Go through Castro Forest!^^ Then, walk along the route after that (do NOT go into the part of the forest that requires Surf!^^), then go north at the end of the route in the house!^^ In there, there should be an aide asking whether you have 10 Pokemon (I guess yes!^^) and YAY, you can now call the HM Flash your own!^^

Lati-Fan95

Years
Real laughable. Guess what happens when you give Arbok TM26!

My bad...^^ Didn't know that (just looked it up at Bulbapedia and wow, you're right!^^) but oh well, just shows how lacky my TM knowledge is!^^ *edits post*

And Hiroshi, will there be the Final Dungeon in RijonAdventures later?^^ (Just wanna know since it is my favorite part in Brown...^^)

Omegadragoonx0

Rijon Adventures Addict
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 11, 2015
Can someone explain why the game freezes and crashes whenever I talk to Dad in the Team Rocket HQ basement? I am using gpSP Kai on my PSP to play, saving using save states.

Years
I don't think there will be a Final Dungeon since we already have South Rijon. I guess there will be four cities with four gym leaders and a city with the Champion since South Rijon is the games Sevii Islands but with a lot of changes. And if you check your Town Map in Johto you'll see Goldenrod is One Is. and Azalea is Two Is. since Hiroshi hasn't changed the Map yet.

GamerXtreme

Trapped Inside This Octavarium
Years
Pokemon Brown is one of my favourite hacks, the Rijon region is so awesome, it's great to see it remade 20 years later in beautiful GBA graphs.
This hack looks promissing, must try it NAO! ^_____^

-GX-

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I can't understand how that issue would actually ever happen. Quite strange.

Actually, now that it's been mentioned, I have the same error. I played it using gpSPhone with my iTouch, and my game froze at that exact spot. I was too lazy to wasn't able to discern the error. Maybe it's just emulation away from a computer..?

Omegadragoonx0

Rijon Adventures Addict
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 11, 2015
Unfortunately, since I have to use save states, I can't transfer the game to a pc to play on vba........and I don't want to start over, since I'm almost finished with the pokedex that's possible up til that point. I also noticed that others had this issue since they caught Lugia, like I did, but didn't know about the error until after catching Lugia.... Is there a way to fix this?

NecromancingSaga

Dreaming LOVELY BOY
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
Unfortunately, since I have to use save states, I can't transfer the game to a pc to play on vba........and I don't want to start over, since I'm almost finished with the pokedex that's possible up til that point. I also noticed that others had this issue since they caught Lugia, like I did, but didn't know about the error until after catching Lugia.... Is there a way to fix this?

if you use save states, why don't you load a save state and then save normally?

Omegadragoonx0

Rijon Adventures Addict
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 11, 2015
^ Because on gpSP Kai you can't save normally on the rom, it's an error that can't be fixed so I HAVE to use save states.

Back