• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Underneath the Town Tree ♤ The Animal Crossing Club

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
He's not green haha, but not the human version either. I found these Miis online so I use the masks.
Spoiler:

And there's so much stuff already in the town and it'd be too much work to landscape it further to resemble the Shrek world.

And oh yeah resetting for a particular layout is so stressful haha. I always end up resetting for like an hour before I actually get to play the game.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I really need to get back into New Leaf. My poor town is going to be overflowing with weeds. I hope my favourite villagers haven't moved out. :(

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
Hi, Sverige! If you'd like to join, could you please fill out the sign up form as listed in the first post, so I can add you to the member list? c:

I've been really busy the past week, so sorry for my inactivity... Sadly I haven't been able to play my 3DS much either, so i just checked on my active town once in awhile and haven't done any resetting at all since nearly a week
( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ but yeah.
I really like those mii masks, Flushed! They really look like the characters. Especially Shrek is amazing, it's really impressive how people can make so many different things with the miis! like using.. eyebrows I think? for his chin... Also, if there's already 'so much' in the town, I'm really curious what it looks like!

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
Welcome, Psylocke! (From that, I assume you're also into Phoenix Wright? haha.)
As you might've read, Wild World was my first as well, but I only ever played handheld versions of it, so New Leaf is actually only the second Animal Crossing game I've touched! I really hope you can get New Leaf back - I assume you sold it or traded it in for another game? That seems to be common as far as I know. But I can totally understand you'd miss it!

I love natural themed towns as well! I'll definitely be trying to make my town feel as warm and natural as possible; specifically with an autumn feel, as that's my favourite season.

... on that note, new topic! What is your favourite season in Animal Crossing?
So, as I said, my favourite season is Autumn. I just love the warm colours the trees and everything get, and I really like the Harvest Festival event. And the cute mushrooms that grow all over the place just add to that feel even more c:

Years
I'm a big fan of winter in Animal Crossing, and I'm eagerly awaiting next month when my village is covered in snow. Right behind that would be late autumn though, as I've loved seeing the trees in my town change color the last couple weeks, even if it means the big tree in town square starts dying out for the year.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I like winter as well, but I usually only play in the summer. Either that's the only time I can play for long stretches of time irl, or I time travel to the summer so I can make money off the fish and beetles that only appear in the summer lol.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 4, 2014
Username: afiguari
Favorite Villager: Hans!
3DS Friend Code: 5129 - 0144 - 4320
Dream Address: N/A

My favorite season in the games would be right now: autumn! I actually haven't seen any other season, actually. ;; Nor have I done any work in my town, layout/paths etc -wise, ;;;;;; but ever since the Harvest Festival and the flower shop opening, I've planted a bunch of trees and fruits, so my whole town looks like a giant orchid and I find the colors really nice!

Nakala Pri

Username: Airhead
Favourite Villager: Scoot! :D
3DS Friend Code: N/A
Dream Address: N/A
Answer the current topic! What is your favourite season in Animal Crossing? Easy! Spring! You get awesome bugs, pink trees and it's full of refreshing colours. :P I am a fan of Fall but the colours get a bit tiring. :P

I used to play Wild World everyday on my sister's file and I had a huge obsession with New Leaf! :D I got ultra rich in under two days and now my town is pretty awesome! But I'm going to start a new file. It isn't that developed and the villagers are a bit blech so EXCITE!

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
woah, i'm off a few days, and two new members! Welcome, afiguari and Airhead! i almost feel bad naming you by your username, haha.

i have to admit New Leaf hasn't really been my priority ever since ORAS came out here in Europe, but as i'm sure i'll finish playing that soon enough, i'll get back to my precious town as well! i still check in and do my rounds, but admittedly not every day ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ

i love how everyone actually picked a different season, almost! every season definitely has its own beauties and perks. i'm a bit sad autumn is coming to an end, and the snow will soon be here, but i'm also looking forward to being able to make snowmen again soon. i should make a good space for them to be properly displayed though.

and finally... new topic time, yes? this may be a bit strange to ask, but...
If you were an animal villager, what would you be like? (Species, personality type?)

Last edited:
Years
If you were an animal villager, what would you be like? (Species, personality type?)

I'd be a lazy koala, just like Ozzie. Actually, I'd consider myself to be somewhere between a lazy and a jock type villager (if that's even possible), but lazy seems to suit a koala much better.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
*mod post*

Hey guys! I've been meaning to post this on December 1st but I was so busy with exams and such! Two days late, just wanted to congratulate なぎ for her outstanding dedication for this club and how much this club has grown since the start...therefore, this is now a featured club for the month of December! Yay!

okies, get back to gaming! :P

Nakala Pri

Either a bear cub, a monkey or a mouse. xD I'd probably be Peppy or Snooty and HIGHLY annoying, like Agent S.

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
omigosh, we were picked as the featured club for this month?! i'm amazed! and honored! thanks so much! c:

i also haven't answered the topic yet myself! i really like all of your villager representations though. and i'd love to see an arctic fox-type villager, haha.
i think i'd definitely be a normal personality. and well, i don't really have a 'spirit' animal, but i think i'd like to be a deer or a goat, so like Fauna or Chevre, i guess
( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
so, since the two-week limit for double posting is ALMOST up (i hope you'll forgive me Axeliira) it's time to get this show back on the road! especially since we've only been featured for this special month, and i don't want any more of it to go to waste!

so, new topic!
Do you think Animal Crossing Wii U will be announced soon? Do you want it to be announced soon? What are your hopes and expectations for it? Discuss!
i'm asking this because there have been some stirs in the Animal Crossing universe lately. there has been talk about some SSB amiibos being discontinued (Villager being one of them; but it seems to be false that they actually were discontinued.) and also Animal Crossing Plaza on the Wii U is stopping at the end of this month (so you people with a Wii U, get it while you still can! you'll still be able to talk to characters in the plaza).

now this of course isn't 'proof' that Animal Crossing Wii U is coming or anything, but it has been quite a while since the 3DS version was released. are you pining for a Wii U installment? or are you happy with the handheld version as it is? what further improvements should the next version have?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I don't know- I'm not exactly chomping at the bit for there to be a Wii U version of Animal Crossing, and that's not just because I don't have a Wii U. Animal Crossing's one of those games that I like playing while lying in bed or when I'm riding in the car or something, so making it a home console game doesn't really appeal to me. Granted, that doesn't mean I don't think it would be a good idea, as you can fit a lot more content into a console version than you can a handheld one, but I'm probably not the target audience for the game anyway.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Agreeing with Brendino, while I loved CF, WW and NL were probably a bit more memorable to me as I was able to take it with me wherever I went and play for longer stretches of time. That said, I'd still love a new title for Animal Crossing. I'm not sure if I would purchase a Wii U just to play it, but I'd definitely consider it.

Years
Hi everyone!

Username: Lisia
Favourite Villager: Cookie
3DS Friend Code: 5026-4611-0782
Dream Address: 4100-3613-6899

Uhm... let's see... The Wii U game.
Honestly I don't know what I want or expect from the game. New Leaf is already really great.

I've some small suggestions such as pattern design extending to bottoms, sharp and flat notes included in town tunes, and control over where real estate goes in the village. (Basically control over where villagers can place houses. I've had some frustrating times where new villagers planted their houses in inconvenient places.)

I don't think Nintendo would do this and some fans might be opposed to the idea... but how about some DLC to keep players involved? I mean, I already played Animal Crossing New Leaf for literally every day for over a year since its launch. No other game ever gets me that hooked for that long in which even other game releases cannot distract me. I witness every event/season and catch every fish, bug and fossil... But what next? What to do after developing my village to my satisfaction? It's just a thought. Admittedly, ORAS and Smash Bros. have finally taken me away from my village for the most part.

I agree with you all on how I tend to like Animal Crossing on portable consoles over home consoles. It's just so nice to be able to play it anywhere you want, y'know? I played ACNL lots on my bus commutes to and from college. Even at home it's nice to be able to play it anywhere you want.

Nonetheless, I'm probably buying the Wii U game anyway. I wanna see footage or a trailer! :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
ahh, now that the Christmas festivities are just about over, it's about time i returned to the club as well. were you all nice and helped Jingle bring his presents around?
also we've got a new member! welcome, Lisia, and thank you for your elaborate input!

personally i agree with the aforementioned also; Animal Crossing to me is much better suited on a portable platform. i've never actually played any console-based AC though, so maybe i'm underestimating it... but New Leaf, despite being a handheld, i'm pretty sure is the most extensive version of AC so far.

as for the new features, i would definitely agree that a way to control new move-ins would be great. i'd even like to take it a step further and give players the option to change the layout of their town manually to do away with tedious resetting, but that may be pushing it ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ part of the charm of Animal Crossing is the random and relaxed feature of it, after all. i'm curious though; what exactly do you mean by DLC? new events or new collectibles or something? to be honest i think New Leaf is already very 'full', so to speak, i can hardly think of anything extra they could put in, haha.

to make sure activity keeps up, i'll also throw a new topic in here; i'd still really like to hear your ideas for future installments of Animal Crossing, though!
It's almost the New Year! Do you have any Animal Crossing-related resolutions?
i, for one, really want to get working at some village planning... specifically, achieving that Perfect Town rating! i still haven't, and i've set my sights on that Flower Clock. that'll be my main goal.

and finally, don't forget to vote for Animal Crossing: New Leaf as '2014's Best of 2013 Game' in the Game of the Year voting! if you like, of course.

Years
Animal Crossing resolutions for the new year... Well, I think I should try getting back into making designs! I used to make designs quite often back in 2013 and as of now it's been nearly a year since the last time I made a design. It wouldn't hurt to try making something again.

Oh yeah as for DLC in future installments, I think I was just mirroring a thing a friend of mine told me once. I think they were referring to additional events being added over the game's life span. I forgot that there has already been downloadable content, technically, with Spotpass gifts you could get from the Post Office once a month.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I would also love to get the Perfect Town, but I'm honestly far too lazy to do so. I'm finding it hard to even pick up the game these days, so maybe my resolution should be to start playing again haha.

Back