• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why are my tiles doing this?

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
Years
So my priority tiles are making this little line, as seen toward the bottom of the roof tiles of this house.

I can't figure out why it's doing this for the life of me.

Thanks,

Bowlstir

Spoiler:

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Does it appear at all window sizes? Theoretically it could be an offset problem with RMXP, though I don't remember ever seeing it do that.

Bowlstir

Years
Does it appear at all window sizes? Theoretically it could be an offset problem with RMXP, though I don't remember ever seeing it do that.

It appears in all window sizes, yes. My window is 896x448. It's a bigger window, however, I think it's got something to do with the tile alignment in the tileset, I just can't figure out what to shift.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Did you by any chance change the size of the drawn tiles to anything other than 32, in the scripts themselves?

TilemapXP:
Code:
    @tileWidth = Game_Map::TILEWIDTH rescue 32
    @tileHeight = Game_Map::TILEHEIGHT rescue 32
    @tileSrcWidth = 32
    @tileSrcHeight = 32
or Game_Map_Resolution
Code:
  TILEWIDTH = 32
  TILEHEIGHT = 32
  XSUBPIXEL = $RPGVX ? 8 : 4
  YSUBPIXEL = $RPGVX ? 8 : 4

Bowlstir

Years
Did you by any chance change the size of the drawn tiles to anything other than 32, in the scripts themselves?

Thanks, but nope.

It's like it cuts one line of pixels on the bottom of EVERY priority tile.

Back