• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
wouldn't he just have to remap it a little bit? Fire red all ready has the safari zone in it. he just has to change it a little bit for the three years since B/R. i think?

Maybe, but you never know. I imagin that he is going to change it quite a bit. Heh, its just cool that hes even adding the Safari Zone! Zel has outdone him-self agian!

~Dai-kun~

The black wind howls again...
Years
Straight up Serenade. Zel is really good with this hack. Although I need to keep careful of if I accidently patch the samething twice. Besides that..It's awesome.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
zel, can you please show the tile that you have to step on to make the eighth gym leader to take the item, i really don't want to put in a gameshark code so that i can get past it, but if i do, then i will(plus if it is ok with you). Also, i really like the game so far.

The tile to make the event work is the one in the entrance of the cave where the guy is standing if you didn't beat the leader. So you will have to beat her nevertheless.

BlazikenMaster2000

Blaziken Master
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 7, 2008
can someone just show me a picture please, because i have stepped everywhere and nothing happened?

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2009
Hi, i'm new to this community, but I have played this AMAZING HACK, and I have read most of the things posted by you Zel( Well, not most of it, I scrimed through it all, I probably missed alot. ), I just wanted to say, that you have talent, and thanks for making such a great hack of Fire Red. In any case, I'm a little worried about the hack I downloaded, i'm not sure witch beta it is, because I only played the hack at my cousin's house, but I plan to play it at home to, can anyone tell me if the attachment to Zel's first post the latest beta, or the first one? And if it isn't the latest beta, can anyone direct me to it?

-Exo-Page

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2009
Back?

uhhh hi zel my username is poison master and i just started this game and i love it and i was watching a video on you tube and one of the guy's said that this game was not completed and it never will be because you stopped making it because your cpu suffered a virus and all the data got deleted but I see that this thread is here and i was wondering was the thing that guy said was true? are you done with the game?

Last edited:

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
uhhh hi zel my name is Aaron Shelton and i just started this game and i love it and i was watching a video on you tube and one of the guy's said that this game was not completed and it never will be because you stopped making it because your cpu suffered a virus and all the data got deleted but I see that this thread is here and i was wondering was the thing that guy said was true? are you done with the game?

Zel got a virus a while back but he has since recovered. If he was gonna quit he wouldn't of come this far already.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
just going off of ht quote here, I don;t quite think he can include the surf or strength hms in an event, but he could stick in a way to get a free pokemon or rare item for the gold teeth since the script should still be in there.

It's rare that I mantain FR's original scripts, I do my own scripts since that's what gives me more fun. The rarest you'll find at the Safari (besides the Hoenn Pokes) are a few elemental stones, to keep working on the Dex.

What sort of pokemon will you find in the safari zone? Finding lots of hoenn pokemon would be cool ;) Thanks zel amazing hack :D

Well, not lots, but a few of the hard-to-find in other routes Hoenn pokes will be more available at the Safari (by the way, there are a few new Hoenn Pokes there, well, it all depends if you found their earlier stages somewhere else, but...)

And about the hack: I have been wondering about how will we get the other two starters, since, as we will be able to get all the pokemon, there will be some way to get the two starters we didn't pick at the beginning... Have you already planned something?

Yes, I have planned how to get one of the starters in an unexpected way (PM me if you want to know about it :P), and about the other starter, I'm thinking what can I do about it.

Awesome zel, you're working on Fuchsia city. Just too bad Uni's started again. xD;

But a few questions on Fuchsia City...
Disregarding that Uni's started again, would Fuchsia City be taking more time then the average city to complete? I remember you telling me that the Safari Zone is going to be quite something, and with that having to be mapped, scripted and all those things you do, would you be taking out events in Fuchsia City like with rivals and such? I would imagine so.
Although, if you do decide to take events out of Fuchsia City, maybe you could put some on Route 14? (I know you've already finished Route 14, but you could always go back. xD)

Just a suggestion~ Keep at it, bud.

Well, the good thing is that Fuchsia is complete now. If I would be taking out events? (I guess you refer "for the next Beta") all the events planned for Fuchsia City are already implemented, all you wouldn't be able to do is go to Fuchsia's Beach (there will be an event with Dante & Rina there, but since that's another route, it won't be on B5)

Maybe, but you never know. I imagin that he is going to change it quite a bit. Heh, its just cool that hes even adding the Safari Zone! Zel has outdone him-self agian!

For what? For editing the existing Safari Zone by remapping it, and dealing with its items? Well, I don't see anything to be praised at, but, it was some work which was needed to be done... XD

You went just as off topic as that guy did by making this post.

Anyways, do the tiles you insert have to be the same color as the ones you replace.

Huh? As you know, if you have questions about "how to do hacking stuff", just PM them to me.

Sigh... I'm tired, now that Uni has officially started I'm having less time to work on the hack (and less energy since I need to get up early and come back pretty tired), but cheer up, I like all this hacking stuff so there's no way I'm quitting this. I'm hacking till I drop! :laugh:

This weekend the Phone Booths and rescripting the rematch trainers.

PS: By the way, if somebody with good knowledge in Gold wants to help me by making me a list with all the rematch trainers' parties, it'd be appreciated.

[EDIT]: If you want to help me with the trainers' parties, just PM me the info, there's no need to use the thread for that. Thanks ^^

Last edited:

XxOblivion77

All-Around Gamer
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2014
Uh Zel, I don't know if you know this, but they can change at any time.

The parties can start at 14-16 and end at about 48-50

It can all change, so you'd have to decide a set number (unless there's something else you can do)

I'm gonna PM you now >:O

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
Years
Hey Zel, I just noticed something.

I'm pretty sure that setting higher levels for Shiny Gold X isn't really an important task on your list of priorities, but when the time comes, you need to raise the levels of the trainer in the Union Cave extension who has the 3 Eevee-lutions. They were all at Lv22, when everything else at that time is in its early/mid 30s.

Mothernot

I'm talking to YOU!
Years
Some rematches:

Youngster on Route 30:
1st: Rattata Lv.5
2nd: Rattata Lv.15
3rd: Raticate Lv.21

Bug Catcher on Route 31:
1st: CaterpieX3 Lv.2 Weedle Lv.3
2nd: MetapodX3 Lv.9 Kakuna Lv.10
3rd: ButterfreeX3 Lv.14 Beedrill Lv.15

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Thanks to Dialga_753 I have figured out what was the problem of getting stuck on the SS.Aqua's trips (probably you did the same as him, so pay attention)

Once you reach Kanto through the Sea Cavern, you are NOT supposed to go back to Johto using the Fly function (because as you know the Fly sucks right now), you MUST stay in Kanto, beating Surge and Sabrina, and then reaching Cerulean (entering through the openings in the city, don't use the walkthroughwalls for that), to receive Elm's call. If you get Elm's call, you'll be setting the flag needed to make the bed work properly, and the sailor will let you go through after resting in bed.

So, that was probably the problem of getting stuck on the trips. I'll add it to my Bugs List now.

Now the only thing that could be bugging me is the event with Clair. I think it works properly if you step on the tile right in front of the entrance (which is enabled to be stepped on after beating Clair), this one:
tiletosetclairac7.png

But, if still stepping on that tile doesnt resolves the problem, then something more deep is the problem (as deep as the "getting stuck on the ship" problem)

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
Thanks to Dialga_753 I have figured out what was the problem of getting stuck on the SS.Aqua's trips (probably you did the same as him, so pay attention)

Once you reach Kanto through the Sea Cavern, you are NOT supposed to go back to Johto using the Fly function (because as you know the Fly sucks right now), you MUST stay in Kanto, beating Surge and Sabrina, and then reaching Cerulean (entering through the openings in the city, don't use the walkthroughwalls for that), to receive Elm's call. If you get Elm's call, you'll be setting the flag needed to make the bed work properly, and the sailor will let you go through after resting in bed.

So, that was probably the problem of getting stuck on the trips. I'll add it to my Bugs List now.

Now the only thing that could be bugging me is the event with Clair. I think it works properly if you step on the tile right in front of the entrance (which is enabled to be stepped on after beating Clair), this one:
tiletosetclairac7.png

But, if still stepping on that tile doesnt resolves the problem, then something more deep is the problem (as deep as the "getting stuck on the ship" problem)

wait the tile with the blue arrow is bad? so what happens if i already stepped on it?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I don't know what you refer with a "blue arrow" (inside the cave, or what?), can you take a screenshot and show me?

Thanks, Zach... Guess where I took it from... (yeah, you guessed right :P)

[EDIT]: (Reply to next post): You must step on the tile I was on that screenshot. That sets the flag to make the Clair at the Den disappear. Once you take the Fang at the Den (doesn't matter from which direction, either left or down), your character moves and the flag is set off so Clair shows up again, and she keeps saying stuff till she gives you the badge.
If you don't enter the Den stepping on that tile, all you'd find is a scriptless Clair thant freezes the game once you talk to her (but the item thingy still works, or it should)

Last edited:

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
woops i thought the sign was an arrow. so whats the tile? the one he is stepping on? what happens if i stepped on it what happens then?

Back