• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: JackHack96's Tool Factory

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Hello everybody! I'm here to present you my new tool, Overworld Editor DS, the DS version of Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition!
Now it's in beta-state, but soon I'll publish 1.0 version :)
6I75o1f.png

Using it is simple!
-If you are hacking D/P/Pt extract with Nitro Explorer data/mmodel/mmodel.narc, if you are hacking on HG/SS extract /a/0/8/1 and rename it to "1.narc" without quotes
-Open the narc with Overworld Editor DS
-Edit it like you want
-Save the narc
-Insert the modified narc in the rom

Here is the link for testing it:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9v5kcy7947udfet/Overworld_Editor_DS.zip

Last edited:

Nex

formerly known as _Nex_
Years
Hello everybody! I'm here to present you my new tool, Overworld Editor DS, the DS version of Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition!
Now it's in beta-state, but soon I'll publish 1.0 version :)
6I75o1f.png

Using it is simple!
-If you are hacking D/P/Pt extract with Nitro Explorer data/mmodel/mmodel.narc, if you are hacking on HG/SS extract /a/0/8/1 and rename it to "1.narc" without quotes
-Open the narc with Overworld Editor DS
-Edit it like you want
-Save the narc
-Insert the modified narc in the rom

Here is the link for testing it:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9v5kcy7947udfet/Overworld_Editor_DS.zip

Pls make more tools like that,overworld editing is now much faster :D

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Hi! I'm here to give you two news:

1. I've updated Overworld Editor DS (solved some bugs, especially on Linux)
  2. I've published another tool, Nitro Explorer 3
The new tool aims Linux (and potentially Mac) users, because they lack a native tool for easy NDS file replacement (there's ndstool, but it's not easy for beginners).
However if you are a Windows user you'll find useful when editing arm9, arm7 and overlays (Nitro Explorer 2 can't edit them).

See the first post for info.

Hope this helped someone :)

Nex

formerly known as _Nex_
Years
Hi! I'm here to give you two news:

1. I've updated Overworld Editor DS (solved some bugs, especially on Linux)
  2. I've published another tool, Nitro Explorer 3
The new tool aims Linux (and potentially Mac) users, because they lack a native tool for easy NDS file replacement (there's ndstool, but it's not easy for beginners).
However if you are a Windows user you'll find useful when editing arm9, arm7 and overlays (Nitro Explorer 2 can't edit them).

See the first post for info.

Hope this helped someone :)
awesome!Cant wait for more tools

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2016
Will you be able to develop gen V editors?, some if not most of this tools could be extremenly helpfull in B/W editing. :D

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Can your item editor change items names?
You can use the text editor :) Simply search for "Master Ball" and open the item name list, where you can edit the item names :)
Will you be able to develop gen V editors?, some if not most of this tools could be extremenly helpfull in B/W editing. :D
I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in gen V. But all of my tools are open source, so they can be easily ported to gen 5 by someone else :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 28, 2015
Hey your tools are awesome and I've started to use them for a ROM hack, but is it possible to change Pokemon names without the code bugging out? It's not in your tools which is fine, I don't mind doing it the hard way but my main concern is it causing a glitch and the ROM not working. Here's a long version if you need it:

My plan for this ROM hack is to implement a hack where all the new Mega evolutions can be used as their own standing Pokemon, also because I like gen 4 so it's a win-win. But to keep my efforts minimal, I am changing all of the Pokemon in the Sinnoh dex so that I don't have to do something too complicated, and I can fit all the Pokemon I need to in it. So an example is that the Megas take up the last 40 or so slots, so I need to rename them something that indicates that it is "Mega Venusaur" or something along those lines, so its not "Garchomp" but it looks and actually is mega Venusaur.

Thank you for your help, your tools are great!

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Hey your tools are awesome and I've started to use them for a ROM hack, but is it possible to change Pokemon names without the code bugging out? It's not in your tools which is fine, I don't mind doing it the hard way but my main concern is it causing a glitch and the ROM not working. Here's a long version if you need it:

My plan for this ROM hack is to implement a hack where all the new Mega evolutions can be used as their own standing Pokemon, also because I like gen 4 so it's a win-win. But to keep my efforts minimal, I am changing all of the Pokemon in the Sinnoh dex so that I don't have to do something too complicated, and I can fit all the Pokemon I need to in it. So an example is that the Megas take up the last 40 or so slots, so I need to rename them something that indicates that it is "Mega Venusaur" or something along those lines, so its not "Garchomp" but it looks and actually is mega Venusaur.

Thank you for your help, your tools are great!

Mmmmh, which base rom are you using? And which message are you editing (I mean the message-container you select in the left panel of DS Text Editor)?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 28, 2015
I'm using Diamond, and the issue is I don't know what message to edit to change Pokemon names, I'm not sure where to look and that's where your expertise comes in haha

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 27, 2016
I've been having a problem with DS Pokemon Editor (the 64 version) where I can load the NARC files just fine, but whenever I click on a Pokemon's name it closes automatically. I went back and saw the advice you gave to two others who had a similar problem, and this is what mine said (I can't post pictures yet, so I'm typing it out here):

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelagatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:58)
Caused by java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.Math.floorDiv(II)I
at gui.MainWindow.loadStats(MainWindow.java:1745)
at gui.MainWindow.access$4(MainWindow.java:1703)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
at gui.MainWindow.main(MainWindow.java:1272)
...5 more

I don't know what any of it means, and I can't figure it out. It's a platinum ROM from the US. I'm using a Windows 8 laptop, so that may have something to do with the problem...

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
I've been having a problem with DS Pokemon Editor (the 64 version) where I can load the NARC files just fine, but whenever I click on a Pokemon's name it closes automatically. I went back and saw the advice you gave to two others who had a similar problem, and this is what mine said (I can't post pictures yet, so I'm typing it out here):

I don't know what any of it means, and I can't figure it out. It's a platinum ROM from the US. I'm using a Windows 8 laptop, so that may have something to do with the problem...

Thanks for the bug report! Don't worry that bug isn't related to Windows 8 nor to the ROM. It's a Java problem... Which version are you running? Try to install Java 1.8 ;)!

When I commented here last year, most of these tools were in Italian only. Have more English translations been made since then?
Yes, during the summer I've updated and rewrited quite everything. Now most of the tools are available in both english and italian, and the language is automatically set :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 27, 2016
Thanks for the bug report! Don't worry that bug isn't related to Windows 8 nor to the ROM. It's a Java problem... Which version are you running? Try to install Java 1.8 ;)!

I just updated to the most recent version, and it's working! Thanks~ ^w^

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2015
Hey Jackhack, Do you still plan on programming other programs? I'm looking for a Icon editor, like Iconed for gba. I can try to help as well, in case it is needed.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
A pokemon sprites editor would be definitely the most awesome tool ever created u.u ..
(Like.. be able to modify the front and back of the different pokemons and their icons <3)
(A relatively easily way i mean xD)

EDIT:
And well.. the Overworld Editor would be more cool allowing us to Import or Export or own Overworlds :/ ..

Cya~

Last edited:
Back