• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why There Will Never Be A 'Light Type'

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
Except for Dark/ghost type.

This! Except if you use moves like Foresight and Odor Sleuth on that Pokemon. Miracle Eye is dead useless thanks to Wonder Guard. I'd be angry if they announce that type....

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Wow. Whatta great discovery. I read this up, and now I can't believe it. I thank you for making this discovery. I also wanted the 'Light Type' since long, and right now I've found the truth. More reasons why Fighting is the 'Hero':

★It has only two weaknesses
★It has FIVE advantages (WTF)

★'Aura Sphere' is a Light concerned move, and would certainly be the 'Light' type

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
All I'll say is this: "FINALLY SOMEONE ACTUALLY READ THE JAPANESE "DARK" TYPE".
That is the most important aspect why there will never be a light type.
We have seen too many misstranslations but this one is probably my most hated as this always makes people wonder "why is there no light type?!?!?" when there was never "Yami" (dark) type to begin with.
And what's light without darkness...?

Last edited:

Yazzo

Bad Egg
Years
The Light type COULD exist as an equal to dark type-ish type, if it was effective/non-effective to the same types as light except that pokemon that are for example psychic and light got different moves than pokemon with psyichic and dark, so it would open up possibilities for more cool pokemon. I would think that was pretty cool ,since very many ghost, poison & psychic pokemon are dark, evil creatures :p

What about some light, good-hearted creatures that's still ghosts? :)

Years
I'm thankful that, after reading this, people will see the light (ahem) and stop asking for a Light-type.
This late in the series, a new type would throw old concepts out of the window so to speak, and I don't think that's something Game Freak are willing to do

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
I'm gonna be honest, I never even thought about the possibility of a Light-type. I never really considered there to be and imbalance with dark types, since they are weak to both fighting- and bug-type. But now that I've seen this thread, you've managed to make me like fighting-types more than I already did. I think I'll have a new appreciation for Heracross :P

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 3, 2022
This is actually pretty brilliant. Even if it's not a literal light type, it more or less is a metaphorical one. And to make a light-type, moves like Sunny Day, Moonlight, Sunlight, Solarbeam, Mirror Shot (and now Dazzling Gleam) and so on would probably have to have their types changed to make it happen.

Aashutosh Kumar

The Friend of Friends
Years
Good Idea A light Type:-

Super effective on dark and Psychic!
50% 50% against an electric and Fairy Type!
Not very effective against Normal and Bug and FLying Type!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
This is actually pretty brilliant. Even if it's not a literal light type, it more or less is a metaphorical one. And to make a light-type, moves like Sunny Day, Moonlight, Sunlight, Solarbeam, Mirror Shot (and now Dazzling Gleam) and so on would probably have to have their types changed to make it happen.
This thread has been inactive since March last year. Please make a new thread if you want to discuss this again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back