• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
And oh yeah, love that banner. ^^
XD bobandbill, that's awesome. I would use that for my own finals time, but I really don't care about my grades, so I don't freak out about it now.
First off, bobandbill, that image is epic, and therefore, I'ma saving it for next time I have to say it's finals week. XD Thanks!
Cheers. :) Only, I wish that I came up with it - unfortunately, it's from a website - 'tis a blog. Oh well, it's the thought that counts. :)

What's the weirdest/most random thing you've ever seen in a fic? Could be funny or just plain stupid.

Any/all of Divinity's 'Breaking the Fourth Wall' fic. Oh, and it was funny. :)

What's the strangest comment someone's left you?
Hmm... well, there are some that would be weird if you took it out of context, mostly elsewhere. Including some response to quotes - one memeroble one is 'You must die like a pastry!'. Odd, yes, but not if you knew what he was talking about...
One person asked if I played Colosseum, which is stupid as my fic is based on it quite clearly... then I looked at the guy's posts and saw that he had spammed in several fics in a short time span with one-liners. And he has just released a fic. Hmm... *cough*.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I hate moving posts with a freaking passion.

And since when I get annoyed, I get mean, from here on out, any post in this thread that fits in the Fanfiction Announcement Thread will be infracted as spam and also moved. Seriously people, read the stickies. This means that there will be no soft warnings or official warnings. You will automatically be infracted.

-

What's the weirdest/most random thing you've ever seen in a fic? Could be funny or just plain stupid.
It was a Digimon fic that was pure crack, but written in such a way that it was all serious. I mean, humans were impregnated by Digimon!

This was part of a review left for my only FFC fic when I posted it on my writing journal:

*promptly stomps on avocado several times, then removes shoe and scoops up the avocado's remains*

You're freaking awesome. XD (And I will so shake that beaker at you if you don't remember this.)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Only, I wish that I came up with it - unfortunately, it's from a website - 'tis a blog. Oh well, it's the thought that counts.
Then I'm using it too! Boo-ya. Wait, did DP479 just say "boo-ya?"

Any/all of Divinity's 'Breaking the Fourth Wall' fic. Oh, and it was funny.
Seconding this. And back when I was on my noob bashing spree on sppf, I saw lots of weird stuff - like a 7'tall, 300+ pound teen with Arceus as his starter and a "Team Dumb S***" as the bad guys. No, I'm not kidding.

Folks guessing that I would actually include shipping in my fic o_O

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Have you, as a reviewer, liked a fic initially, only to go back and read it and discover that it was a complete mess?

I probably have, although I don't know which one. If I'm not mistaken, it's on this site somewhere. O_O I'm not gonna go search it out, though...nooooo.

New theme.

"LETS EAT IT!!!!" -Some vegatable in Veggie Tales

Seriously, oops. I never can keep track of who fangirls what. XD That's what I get for friending a bunch of fangirls with sci-fi interests. Whatever happened to the days when all my friends just followed Harry Potter?

Speaking of which...I still haven't finished that last book. Oooops.

"do you have any freeking idea, how much you freeking rock??!?!??!? <_< maybe i ovr did it... BUT YOU STILL ROCK!!! XDDDDDDD." -darkcowboy

When Team Rocket popped in and shot Ash's long lost sister, Sarah, who was just waking up. She magically came back to life, but was diagnosed with diabetes type two and died two weeks later.

"Zip! Zop! Where's my book? Oh it's in my pocket. I'm Bill Cosby!"

"I'm Jerry Seinfeild, I mean Jerry Ketchum."

Basically, everything in conicteam's The Father of Ash.

Last edited:

Sike_Saner

*aromatisse noise*
Years
This was part of a review left for my only FFC fic when I posted it on my writing journal:

*promptly stomps on avocado several times, then removes shoe and scoops up the avocado's remains*

You're freaking awesome. XD (And I will so shake that beaker at you if you don't remember this.)

XD I remember, I remember! Please don't burn my face off! XP

I think the time that I saw SPPf's signature rules incorporated into a fic would take that prize. XP

That would be this, which was included in a review for Communication over on the aforementioned board:

Also, GABBER TE HEHT!

And it just so happens that that comment was made by the same person responsible for the fic containing those sig rules. XD

Last edited:

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
Since Astinus dislikes moving posts I'll do this:

OMGZORZ, GUYZ I HAVE MEH NEW FIC CUMIN OWT! ES A PAIRODE AHBUT MARY-SUE ND GARY-STU. RDETKTHXBAI

New topic?
What are your opinions on parodies?

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years

Bill turning into a Diglett and cursing the random trainer-of-Ye-Olde-OT-Story out in an attempt to convince the trainer to change him back because he was an "Oscar Meyer wiener."

I kinda wish I'd saved that fic to my favorites or something because that has yet to be outdone in terms of stupid things people have done with canon characters.

Copied and pasted from a review someone left me for a Team Rocket short I wrote:

Jessie and James (Jimmy) are twins... right? Is there a gameboy involved in regards to the button? Or, is this some kind of TV gaming graphic thing that appears on a screen? But, I most certainly don't think that the black-gloved finger (to hide any fingerprints) could be Jesse's... since, she is already Jessie and doesn't need to hide the fact that she's Jessie. But the girl with the Cloyster who needs to pretend she's Jessie to cause damage... and have Team Rocket blamed and hurt... now, THAT... I believe. She's so mean!

No further commentary. I really think the review just speaks for itself.

And I've yet to figure out who the girl with the Cloyster is (considering a Cloyster is never mentioned in my fic, nor does the description of the girl ring any kind of bell).

If they're not over-the-top, they're okay. As in, if you don't beat the reader over the head with a sign that says "doing what I'm doing is a bad idea," then it's a bit more enjoyable. Parody, after all, is just meant to be funny, and it's not really all that funny if I'm beaten over the head with a moral, you know?

At the risk of over-reccing an author, go read Farla's "Lucki." It is, in a way, a parody, but it's a subtle one that actually pulls off what it sets out to do.

Or, if you want something slightly more obvious, Farla is responsible for a number of other parodies floating around FFNet.

bobandbill

one more time
Years

I quite like parodies - good way to have a humor fic, and fun to read (and write). My story is a parody fic, of sorts, one could say - a fair bit of parodying the events and characters of Colosseum. It's good if done cleverly, and not in an over-the-top way as Jax mentioned.

@Jax's 'review' - ...eh, what?

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
Years

I like parodies as long as they are not too over-the-top. In fact, I plan on writing my own parody soon. I have yet to decide what it will be about, but no matter the subject I'm sure I can pull a laugh from nearly everyone. I have a strange, twisted mind, and I intend to put it to use.

Golden Riolu

Finally Back
Years

Someone asked me once on another forum if a certain baby was the result of love between two certain characters. That startled me, as the baby in question was a Riolu, the mother was a Lucario, and the Lucario's trainer was the one who he thought was the baby's father. And they were most definitely NOT in love, as Lucario thought of her trainer almost as her father.

Do mentions of pastries in every chapter count? Personally, I think it's hilarious. Then again, the reason I don't write humour myself is because my sense of humour is completeely whacked. I find everything funny.

There are very few I like. I generally avoid them because they sometimes offend me, but there's one in particular that I like.

~Golden

ShadowHoundoom

Shade isn't what he seems...
Years

Depends on execution. Like I found several Mary-Sue parodies that had me rolling on the floor.

It's all about execution and timing.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Since Astinus dislikes moving posts I'll do this:

OMGZORZ, GUYZ I HAVE MEH NEW FIC CUMIN OWT! ES A PAIRODE AHBUT MARY-SUE ND GARY-STU. RDETKTHXBAI
I hate you so much now. ;A;

Bill turning into a Diglett and cursing the random trainer-of-Ye-Olde-OT-Story out in an attempt to convince the trainer to change him back because he was an "Oscar Meyer wiener."
Congratulations, Jax. I'll never be able to look at hot dogs the same way again without hearing either animeverse Bill or mangaverse Bill singing the theme song.

Jessie and James (Jimmy) are twins... right? Is there a gameboy involved in regards to the button? Or, is this some kind of TV gaming graphic thing that appears on a screen? But, I most certainly don't think that the black-gloved finger (to hide any fingerprints) could be Jesse's... since, she is already Jessie and doesn't need to hide the fact that she's Jessie. But the girl with the Cloyster who needs to pretend she's Jessie to cause damage... and have Team Rocket blamed and hurt... now, THAT... I believe. She's so mean!
I don't know if you had linked to this story when you first talked about this review, so I don't think I've read the story. But this is still the most "WTF" review I have ever read, especially with the Cloyster. Only because I'm so dirty-minded that anything is funny with a clam to me.

I've only read one parody, and that one was written by a friend about fanfiction. So I can't really form an opinion, because I used to really hate parodies, and sometimes I used to really hate the people who write them because it seemed like they were forcing their opinions onto others through the parodies. And that makes me sound evil, but I really don't care.

txteclipse

The Last
Years

Haha parodies. I always enjoy a good parody. In fact, I'm going to write one for my own fic.

I don't care who you are: you're bound to find at least one thing wrong with anything you create. I have found several things I don't like while reading back through my fic, so I'm going to blow them out of proportion and turn them into a parody. Good times.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Congratulations, Jax. I'll never be able to look at hot dogs the same way again without hearing either animeverse Bill or mangaverse Bill singing the theme song.

Personally, I just think of all the spare parts of animals that hot dog might've been made out of, but you're welcome. =D

It's Diglett I haven't been able to look at the same way again, though.

I don't know if you had linked to this story when you first talked about this review, so I don't think I've read the story.

Should I link to it anyway for everyone to view the review in all its glory (as well as maybe read the story to find out exactly how much the review doesn't have anything to do with what I actually wrote)?

Oh heck. Review is here, and the story is here. I can't remember if I ported it to PC yet. It's not one of my best, in any case.

But this is still the most "WTF" review I have ever read, especially with the Cloyster. Only because I'm so dirty-minded that anything is funny with a clam to me.

Oh, come now. Cloyster's just asking for it. It's even got its built-in horn for-- *SHOT!*

Seriously, yeah, I've had pretty funny stuff in the past, but that's one of the best. He only left me two other reviews, but they're just not as mind-bending.

...Actually, would anyone mind if I shared a bunch more? It's either this or writing a paper, you see.

Behind spoiler tags because long quotes are long and in case anyone really doesn't want to see these. (Although, really, who can deny a repeated strike from I Make No Sense Reviewer?)

Spoiler:

If I dig up any others, I'll post them. A lot of the humorous ones I have actually make sense in the context of the story/show that the reader actually read the story.

Edit: Added one.

Last edited:

Bay

Years

Third on anything in Divinity's "Breaking the Fourth Wall"! :D My favorite part though is there's one scene where the Wailmer turned into robots. Transfomers FTW! XD

DarkPersian's comment on Chapter Eight of "Nothing, Everything" guessing one of the codes revealed could be the area code of one of the cities in Nevada. I got a good chuckle out of that, though. ^O^ Also, Divinity commenting on "Destiny's Tricks" that he'll bring the Advanceshippers to my thread seeing that I paired Dawn and Ash. XD

Meh, they're strange to me. ^^;

Pretty much on the bandwagon that parodies could be very enjoyable to read if done well. I myself done a parody and I at least hope it's not over the top. ^^;

bobandbill

one more time
Years

Do mentions of pastries in every chapter count? Personally, I think it's hilarious. Then again, the reason I don't write humour myself is because my sense of humour is completeely whacked. I find everything funny.
XD heh, was wondering if I was to get any mentions, although didn't think pastries would be it. :)
Happened by accident to be truthful - happen to have two in the first two chapters, it was picked up by a reviewer, and so I continued it for fun. In some comedy scripts I did a while back for the heck of it well before this, I was having a 'different sandwich' for each episode... yes, I'm odd. And obsessed with food.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Bah. I'm probably going to annoy a few people with this, but I need a beta reader for a one-shot I'm doing. It's not quite ready yet, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me out. I suppose I could PM anyone that would even consider lending me some of their time, and then they could decide from there whether or not they really want to go through with it.

I guess this is where I'd ask that, and thus I asked. The announcement thread didn't seem like the right place, anyways.

EDIT: Weirdest comment anyone's ever left for my fic? My comments have been surprisingly normal...although one person told me I was a complete nerd for writing it but then said that it was good.

Last edited:

ShadowHoundoom

Shade isn't what he seems...
Years
I will say however, the weird comment I received from the guy who was probably baked? For one of my RP characters. I'm no stranger to RP and all that, but I've really yet to receive a truly strange comment on my fanfiction. Hehe, nice to see there's intelligence around here. ^^

Duncan McNeil

[release].your.grip
Years
Hey guys. I doubt anyone remembers me, but I figured I needed to get more active here.

Hands down, Divinity's Breaking The Fourth Wall. I think my favorite was when we found out May's Blaziken was emo. Yeah...

Hmm...probably when Sike misread bark and barf. Not so much strange, but very funny.

I really enjoy them. Don't get me wrong, I've read plenty of bad ones, but when done right (like Bay and Divinity) they jump to the top of my favorites.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years

Hands down, Divinity's Breaking The Fourth Wall. I think my favorite was when we found out May's Blaziken was emo. Yeah...
I second this. I believe duncan "ate" me in that parody. XD

I don't know... I remember misspelling "Ratatta infested" as "Ratatta invested" and one of my reviewers pointed that out. When I read that loled.

They're okay I guess. I enjoy parodies that aren't too overdone but at the same time, is noticeably a parody. The only one I'm currently reading is Bay's Destiny's Tricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back