• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
can you swap a ruby tile set with a fr tile set and how???

You can export tilesets using Advancemap. After you export the tileset you want, import it into the game you want that tileset in. Unfortunately, you'd have to palette hack to make the new tileset look like it was in ruby/firered because it looks awful if you don't... Hope I've helped!

cory70

PokeRom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2013
how do you delete events on advance map?
one way to do it is to decrease the number of events but i DONT recomend this as you cant pick the one that gets taken away. If you dont want it put in some trees that way it wont have any effect on gameplay

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
Years
I haven't been able to find this out but i know it can be done.

What is the best way to insert new music into a rom, ease isn't an issue to me anymore now that i've started to get the hang of editing roms :)

If anyone knows can u please answer as it would help me out a lot.

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
one way to do it is to decrease the number of events but i DONT recomend this as you cant pick the one that gets taken away. If you dont want it put in some trees that way it wont have any effect on gameplay
Just change the event number from the event you want to delete to a number higher then any other on the map ;)

Supergamecube14

The Worst Hacker Ever Born
Years
Sappy Question

Hey I have a quick question about sappy. Yes, I have used the search. My problem seems to be unique. I figured out how to use midi2gba, and i inserted the midi file. It plays just fine in sappy, but it won't work in-game, it just sounds like static. I am using scizz's ripped midi files from diamond, if that helps. Please help me figure out this problem! Thank you very much!

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2009
Hi

I've created a New town For Pokemon Ruby using the Advance Map Editor but how do i use the create New Names Button. Its always greyed out, and using the Change Name Button Changes the Name of My town and the Town selected in the Drop down menu

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Hi

I've created a New town For Pokemon Ruby using the Advance Map Editor but how do i use the create New Names Button. Its always greyed out, and using the Change Name Button Changes the Name of My town and the Town selected in the Drop down menu

If you had created a new map since you selected another map than your new map has the same properitys than the selected map(That includes the map name as well!)

ace675

Game Tester/Beta Tester
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2012
How do i darg a warp in place of the new houses door

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2007
Have a very simple question

In Unlz I want to find the maps of Fire Red does anyone one the general offsets of places like pallet town?

Also whats an easier way of finding what I want

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Have a very simple question

In Unlz I want to find the maps of Fire Red does anyone one the general offsets of places like pallet town?

It's really a simple question because you can't find Pallet Town im unLZ. You have to use Advancemap or Elitemap. But I think Advance map is better than Elitemap.;)

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2007
It's really a simple question because you can't find Pallet Town im unLZ. You have to use Advancemap or Elitemap. But I think Advance map is better than Elitemap.;)

Ok so if I find the offsets in advance map how do I edit them from there cuz I used the crappy method of saving the tile sets but the colors come out horrible for the tiles

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Ok so if I find the offsets in advance map how do I edit them from there cuz I used the crappy method of saving the tile sets but the colors come out horrible for the tiles

Yes you have to change the colors palette. But don'T ask me just read the tut.:classic:

Youji

Game Designer
Years
I'm sorry to tell you that.

Error D:<
Maybe the rom isn't clean. Is there any other way to tell if it is?

Edit: My friend, we are using the same rom, and it errors us both, so it must be the rom.

Than you have to take a new ROM sry.:(

ace675

Game Tester/Beta Tester
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2012
umm how do you put a warp point or warp in place in advance map because i made a new house i want to go in it so umm tell please how you put in in the corect place

Youji

Game Designer
Years
umm how do you put a warp point or warp in place in advance map because i made a new house i want to go in it so umm tell please how you put in in the corect place

You have to create a new warp point. Just raise the warp events by one. Put it where you want and give it the Mapbank numbers of the map the warppoint should lead you. Look at Warppoints of maps and compare it. You should find out how it works. If not I'm going to PM you a Pictut okay? But first try to find it out by yourself.

It's fine.

Do you have a way to tell if the ROM is clean? I don't want to make the same mistake.

Just unzip the ROM-file again.

ace675

Game Tester/Beta Tester
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2012
uhh umm i still cant move its stuck in the top left corner i drag click everything how do i move it to the right pot on the door

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back