• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

exedissolve

Straight-edge
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
this question probably been answered but i dont have the time or the patience to look for it, but can anyone tell me where to find professor oak's sprite in unlz-gba, the one at the begining, and also professor birches one in emerald....

BTW, thanx blazichu

Magenta - Indigo

Map and Text Hacker
Years
Advance Text Help (Is this the right subforum?

Hello. I'm new here and I don't know where to post my question...
So if I have posted into the wrong, please move it! ;)

When I have opened my hacked rom in Advance-Text first time I recived a message that I should create a new ini file. I chose "OK" and went to search, but I can't see which sprite is saying the message! I just can type a word and get one message containing this word! Anyone knows?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 23, 2008
Here are some qeustions

1. How do I change the chances of find a shiny pokemon and if I can how and with what tool?

2. Is it possible to change what people say with Advanced Map 1.82?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
I cannot find a way to add an item in EliteMap, all i want to do is add a pokeball with some masterballs, but i dont know how to add one. I know how to edit existing items to make it a masterball, but i want to know how you can add and item in EliteMap. Thanks a lot!!!
Hmm...If I were you I wouldn't use Elitemap to edit maps, Advance Map is much better. If I were you I would open up the script in a notepad change the item to masterball, and change the offsets. Basically copy a script, change it, and re-insert it in a new location. Then just use the Pokeball sprite.

Seems like Hiidoran has his helping day^^
So I have a question too (I´m not mad if someone else answers^^):
I´ve downloaded FreeSpaceFinder, I have unlZgba, and I have my Fakemon, but I don´t know;
1.) What to search (the bytes)
2.) what to do with the found number (where to put it in)
Well, I suppose I have my momments XD. Also, I have a question for you, why use FreeSpaceFinder? Why not just open a hex editor and look for a bunch of "FF". That's free space. But hey, you do things the way you want to. So as to your question I don't really know because I've never used it. Though it seems from a first glance that when you search, it gives you the first offset that contains free space. Just make a script starting with the offsets it gives you. Though I could be wrong...

this question probably been answered but i dont have the time or the patience to look for it, but can anyone tell me where to find professor oak's sprite in unlz-gba, the one at the begining, and also professor birches one in emerald....
Ah, this one I know personally! First switch to 256 color mode in unlz-gba, then go to around 343, that's where mine is. Yours could be different however, but it should be like 1-3 images earlier or later though. As for Birch in Emerald, I have no idea; sorry.

ok here easyest question ever!
How do i post a thread -_-'
yes im being serious
First, this is not where you post this. This is the rom hacking help questions. Second, If you want to post a thread, just click in the correct forum, and in the bottom left-hand corner is a button that says "new Thread" go there. But please, read the rules before doing anything, Thanks and Good luck.

Here are some qeustions

1. How do I change the chances of find a shiny pokemon and if I can how and with what tool?

2. Is it possible to change what people say with Advanced Map 1.82?
1. Urgh! I hate it when there are questions I know there is a solution to, but I simply don't know the answers. The only person that has successfully done this, that I have seen, is Zel. Maybe he can help you if he's not too busy with Shiny Gold.

2. Sadly, no it is not possible to change what people say using Advanced Map. The only thing you can do script wise, is view the sprites text offset.
~Double posting is against the rules, by the way! Just use the edit button~

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
Well, I suppose I have my momments XD. Also, I have a question for you, why use FreeSpaceFinder? Why not just open a hex editor and look for a bunch of "FF". That's free space. But hey, you do things the way you want to. So as to your question I don't really know because I've never used it. Though it seems from a first glance that when you search, it gives you the first offset that contains free space. Just make a script starting with the offsets it gives you. Though I could be wrong...
Oh, man, D´OH!!!
I can´t script -.- I hate script -.- ... script -.-
But I have a hexthing. I have Hexecute, but I don´t really know what to do, except by search for FF and 00. When I found it, should I write smth special (If yes plz tell me what...) or can I just punch my keyboard so there´s smth like that: kncaftq,???

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 23, 2008
Hmm...If I were you I wouldn't use Elitemap to edit maps, Advance Map is much better. If I were you I would open up the script in a notepad change the item to masterball, and change the offsets. Basically copy a script, change it, and re-insert it in a new location. Then just use the Pokeball sprite.

Ah, this one I know personally! First switch to 256 color mode in unlz-gba, then go to around 343, that's where mine is. Yours could be different however, but it should be like 1-3 images earlier or later though. As for Birch in Emerald, I have no idea; sorry.

First, this is not where you post this. This is the rom hacking help questions. Second, If you want to post a thread, just click in the correct forum, and in the bottom left-hand corner is a button that says "new Thread" go there. But please, read the rules before doing anything, Thanks and Good luck.

1. Urgh! I hate it when there are questions I know there is a solution to, but I simply don't know the answers. The only person that has successfully done this, that I have seen, is Zel. Maybe he can help you if he's not too busy with Shiny Gold.

2. Sadly, no it is not possible to change what people say using Advanced Map. The only thing you can do script wise, is view the sprites text offset.
~Double posting is against the rules, by the way! Just use the edit button~

I didnt double post Lycos deleted his post for being a dee dee dee and it was between my two XD

I will PM him.(Zel)

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
I didn't get a word you said but I think that means that I won't actually be using PokeScript for Scripting.

lol. uhm a short way to say it? see when u right click your .rbc file and click "compile"? that's what pokescript/scripted is for. ^^ the thing between the notepad and the bufrites lol

for the guy with the emerald test going always white, i think u haven't switched the save type in the emulator options to "128k". do it, it should be that and not your hack ^^

*still waiting for smbd that tells me if and how i can add pokemons without erasing old ones (there are 15-30 slots available between celebi and treecko)*

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2007
ROM hacking help

Whenever i i save a ROM just to see what it looks like i open it on (Visual boy)and it just comes up with a blank white scree can someone please tell me how to fix this matter,thank's
-Shorty-

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2007
Okay so what i am trying to do right now is add a cave into a ruby game. I have no clue how to create a warp and have it take me to the cave i just created. I have advance map. Can someone help me, thanks you!!

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
Why is it that when I always try to make a hack that I always leave graphics glitchs that I can't fix? I'm going to give up hacking, it's to effing hard. X(

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2007
Pokedex area modifying in pokémon Ruby

Is there any way of editing the pokedex entry for pokemon location on a Ruby/Saphire Rom?

Lin

JohtoMap/ZOLE Creator
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 26, 2014
Trouble with importing Scripts...

Hi, I'm pretty new here, but I've had tons of other coding experiences. I'm trying to get the Script offset of a script, but what I think was it, I don't think it was. I followed the tutorial on using Pokescript on it's home (I think) to get as far as I did. The offset I took was
- Putting [I ] at 1B89C0
(The letters/numbers in bold) and it didn't work. I just took what I think came with EliteMap, or from something with it. The code in it was this.
'This code mimics the Rich Boy at the forest entrance.

#define MYBATTLE 0x88
#define MYREMATCH 0x88 'Most rematches use different indices.
#define MYREMATCHCHECK 0x39

#org 0x14F1DE

trainerbattle 0x0 MYBATTLE 0x1B88D4 0x1B8911
special2 LASTRESULT MYREMATCHCHECK
compare LASTRESULT B_YES
if B_TRUE 0xC00200
message 0x1B8925
boxset 6
break

#org 0x14F205
trainerbattle 0x5 MYREMATCH 0x1B895E 0x1B899E
message 0x1B89C0
boxset 6
break

'Text blocks go here
#org 0x1B88D4
= Oh, sure, I'll accept your challenge.\nI have a lot of money.
#org 0x1B8911
= Why couldn't I win?
#org 0x1B8925
= There are some things money can't buy.\nThat's POKéMON...
#org 0x1B895E
= After I lost to you, I learned a bunch\nof things about POKéMON.
#org 0x1B899E
= I lost again?\nWhy couldn't I win?
#org 0x1B89C0
I'm fabulously wealthy, but I can't\nseem to win at POKéMON...\pIt's so deep, the world of POKéMON...

'------------------------------------
'- Original code from scripted.exe. -
'- Compare freely and be amazed ;) -
'------------------------------------
'14F1DE: (5C) trainerbattle 0x0, 0x88, 0x81B88D4, 0x81B8911
'14F1EC: (26) cmd26 $800D, 0x39
'14F1F1: (21) compare $800D, 1
'14F1F6: (06) if compare(true) branch 0x814F205
'14F1FC: (0F) msgbox 0x0, 0x81B8925
'14F202: (09) boxset 0x6
'14F204: (02) break
'---------
'14F205: (5C) trainerbattle 0x5, 0x88, 0x81B895E, 0x81B899E
'14F213: (0F) msgbox 0x0, 0x81B89C0
'14F219: (09) boxset 0x6
'14F21B: (02) break
'
'Strings:
'81B88D4: Oh, sure, I'll accept your challenge.\nI have a lot of money.
'81B8911: Why couldn't I win?
'81B8925: There are some things money can't buy.\nThat's POKéMON...
'81B895E: After I lost to you, I learned a bunch\nof things about POKéMON.
'81B899E: I lost again?\nWhy couldn't I win?
'81B89C0: I'm fabulously wealthy, but I can't\nseem to win at POKéMON...\pIt's so deep, the world of POKéMON...
And it didn't work. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong??

Darkrai64

Pokemon expert trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2009
When I put a new sprite on a map in advance map, how do I make it talk? SOMEONE PLEASE REPLY! I'M TRYING TO MAKE A HACK OF FIRERED!

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2008
Okay so what i am trying to do right now is add a cave into a ruby game. I have no clue how to create a warp and have it take me to the cave i just created. I have advance map. Can someone help me, thanks you!!
I'm looking for the same thing, and how do I add the area i want it to warp to? Like the new cave to edit? I tried creating a new map but it just saved over my victory road map -.- I didn't want to restart so basically when my hack is released, it may be no different but I created victory road on there xD well at least the main cave

magnetflygon

Begginner Rom Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • US
  • Seen May 3, 2009
I'm looking for the same thing, and how do I add the area i want it to warp to? Like the new cave to edit? I tried creating a new map but it just saved over my victory road map -.- I didn't want to restart so basically when my hack is released, it may be no different but I created victory road on there xD well at least the main cave

You should be able to find some free maps under map bank 25, the free maps should be from 25.29-25.33 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back