• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
is there any way to get Rare Candies besides finding some on the floor? Like the ones we get at the Pokeathlon and the Battle City in HG/SS.

You sometimes get Rare Candies from Pokémon with the Pickup ability. They can also be bought at the Pokémon World Tournament and the Battle Subway for 48 BP.

Years
Also, in B2/W2 they can be obtained through Join Avenue's Raffle Shops. It's entirely luck-based though. And they can also be a possible Area 6-10 reward in White Treehollow and Black Tower.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2013
I didn't see this as a don't ask in the first post, so I hope I'm not breaking any rules? I have two systems, DSi and a 3DS, with Pokemon Black. How can I connect to online to trade, battle etc etc? It says I need to configure my connection settings, but they are configured. I have gotten a whole lot of mixed answered concerning this issue from Nintendo and other players. I have been told all the systems and all the games can only use WEP security to connect, but I also was told that isn't the case if you play Pokemon Black on a newer system like 3DS. I would really like to connect and play since I haven't been able to since I got my systems/games. Any help? Thanks!

ben96atkinson

Pokémon Spiral
Years
So I have fairly poor Internet, and I have been online to battle only 4 to 5 times, but every time, except once my Internet screws up and disconnects, and my opponent will get the display to me 'rage quitting' even when they are in one Pokémon, this happened again today and its bugging me because I'm not aloud another battle for an hour, the only other time my game didn't disconnect was when I was winning and the other player disconnected...

What can I do? Will I be permanently disqualified if my Internet keeps this up? The only consequence I have suffered is an hour without a battle...

Thanks!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I didn't see this as a don't ask in the first post, so I hope I'm not breaking any rules? I have two systems, DSi and a 3DS, with Pokemon Black. How can I connect to online to trade, battle etc etc? It says I need to configure my connection settings, but they are configured. I have gotten a whole lot of mixed answered concerning this issue from Nintendo and other players. I have been told all the systems and all the games can only use WEP security to connect, but I also was told that isn't the case if you play Pokemon Black on a newer system like 3DS. I would really like to connect and play since I haven't been able to since I got my systems/games. Any help? Thanks!

The 3DS has two internet settings that you have to enable. First is the 3DS's prinmary internet and the second is the DS function internet that allows DS games to go online. All I can say is do exactly what your manual says to do since I cannot physically see what you are doing. Either way if you do it correctly you will have internet access. I'm sure someone can post all the needed steps for you, but these are all, as I said, in the manual.

So I have fairly poor Internet, and I have been online to battle only 4 to 5 times, but every time, except once my Internet screws up and disconnects, and my opponent will get the display to me 'rage quitting' even when they are in one Pokémon, this happened again today and its bugging me because I'm not aloud another battle for an hour, the only other time my game didn't disconnect was when I was winning and the other player disconnected...

What can I do? Will I be permanently disqualified if my Internet keeps this up? The only consequence I have suffered is an hour without a battle...

Thanks!

Only thing you can do is find a stable internet source to battle. Unless you plan to go out and buy a new internet router or join with a new company there is nothing you can do other than maybe going to a McDonalds or Starbucks where internet is free.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Ok to clear things up: Pokémon Black and White, and their sequels Black 2 and White 2, are DSi enhanced games. They benefit from certain DSi enhancements (better performance) and can access the internet using WPA encryption, unlike the non-enhanced games.

The 3DS plays all DSi-enhanced games as if they were being played on a DSi. Therefore, you can use WPA connection with BW or BW2 and a 3DS. In the case of the DSi and 3DS, you must configure the internet settings in the Config menu in either console. If there's an active wireless signal point, the console will detect it and allow you to link to it. After the connection is established, you should be able to connect to Nintendo WFC in-game and battle/trade online.

Years
Okay so, here's the thing. I want an Aerodactyl with Stealth Rock in Gen V. Since he can't learn it by leveling up and the TM76 was replaced with another one (As far as I know) in this generation, can I actually like, teach him Stealth Rock in Gen IV and then transfer it to Gen V with Stealth Rock learned?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Okay so, here's the thing. I want an Aerodactyl with Stealth Rock in Gen V. Since he can't learn it by leveling up and the TM76 was replaced with another one (As far as I know) in this generation, can I actually like, teach him Stealth Rock in Gen IV and then transfer it to Gen V with Stealth Rock learned?

Of course. The only moves you can't teach him before transferring are HM moves.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022

He also learns it from the Move Tutors in B2/W2, so you can trade it to someone with one of those games and then trade it back. The only downside is that it'll cost that person 10 Green Shards.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Hope this is the right spot for this question, but here goes: Why does bulba say that the events coming up will be available at EB games in the Netherlands if there is no EB games store there?

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Bulbapedia said:
Shiny Creation trio

These Pokémon will be distributed at GameStop stores in the United States, EB Games stores in Australia and Canada, participating stores in Belgium, the Netherlands and Portugal, JB Hi-Fi stores in New Zeland, and GAME stores in the United Kingdom.

I think you just read it wrong, EB Games is for Australia and Canada.

TY

Well i also took a attempt to read it, and i honestly have to agree with tabor... It clearly says participating stores in Belgium, the Netherlands and Portugal, so it can be any store in these countries.

Last edited:

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Didn't read it wrong, here's what it says: Belgium, Canada, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Portugal, and the United Kingdom
And here is the link:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w..._Pokémon_distributions_in_Generation_V#Dialga

That's just a list of what countries you can get it in. The main description is above the Pokemon underneath the event name. That's the description that tells you what stores you can get it in.

Spoiler:

ShadowExcadrill said:
Last edited by ShadowExcadrill; Today at 03:26 PM. Reason: New Zeland... is that even a country xD

Also a bit off topic, but yes, New Zealand is a country: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
That's just a list of what countries you can get it in. The main description is above the Pokemon underneath the event name. That's the description that tells you what stores you can get it in.

Spoiler:

Also a bit off topic, but yes, New Zealand is a country: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand

Does that mean you can't get them in the Netherlands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back