• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
Buneary/Lopunny are awesome shinies! The pink/brown goes so well with Lopunny's kinky motif. :D

Good night, all. I've done a grand total of 5 Rotom SRs. I have other things to do so I can never settle and reset for it. Just like Drifloon, the option to just walk away is too tempting. I now have three (four, if you count HipHoppip, who I haven't even migrated) shinies I haven't even touched yet.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Wow.

I was chaining for my secret shiny. I had huge chain of two, and I had reset the radar twice because no suitable patches were showing up.

The third time I reset, a shiny patch appeared. On a two chain. This is a pretty good feeling. I took pics of me battling them, but ultimately, I think that was kinda dumb because they are at the same level. I'll upload some pics right now, so you guys can find out who this shiny is...when this chain breaks, I'll go to the Pokemon Center, and take pics of their summaries.

I'm still going for more of this shiny unless the one I just caught has the correct nature and good IVs.

Edit: I think I should start soft resetting on my games late at night instead of PokeRadaring, lol. Here are the pics I have so far:
Nido2.jpg

Nidoran.jpg

ShinyDex-1.jpg

Enjoy, I suppose. Now you guys know what my secret shiny was. My chain's currently 7, and I'm trying to get more.

Edit2:
ANido.jpg

BNido.jpg

Last edited:

shinyGeo

Part heeler, Part Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2007
Since you got the summary's in im guessing you only got 2 out of the chain? Congrats if you did i've only ever managed 1 out of a chain so just getting 2 is a great feat! Anyways i dont think im gonna be shiny hunting until i get through the game i want me pokeradar back! Im trying to speed through it but i dunno why everything seems harder the second time around. Its probably because the first time i brought the game to school, played with my cousins (i have 10 cousins :P 6 uncles and aunts), and my neighbors, but now that everyone has beat it im like behind, oh well its a awesome oppurtunity to actually go through the game i guess :D (if that made any sense :P)

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Lol Congrats everyone who got shinies yesterday!! It was a lucky day all around:
I was chaining my secret shiny for the day. I was getting pretty frustrated since I couldn't find one for a while to even start up the chain, then I finally had a good chain going. I reset the radar after my 19th pokemon after not getting a suitable patch. There it was. At the bottom of the area of grass. A patch so brimming with brightness and sparkling I knew right away what it was. I was afraid I might miss it when I finally saw it, but its very unmissable, the famed shiny patch. I slowly made my way to it, switched my adamant ralts up front and entered the battle....
Wild Shiny NINCADA Appeared!!!
WOOT!!! lol yes nincada was my target. I was extremely happy to get it...I threw a dusk ball at it, it broke out x___x So I was lazy and threw a Net ball...It was caught!! I named the sucker, Reaper. My shiny #32 (and soon #33 as well Shedinja ftw!!) Lol I wanted to get some more, but I kept resetting and no other shiny patch appeared, decided to make the chain higher and a silcoon broke it, argh. Oh well. Unfortunately synchro ralts failed me as nincada came out Naughty natured :p PICS:
DVC00171-1.jpg

OT info, MINE!!
Naughty nincada...
Stats:
Nincada Male Lv11
Naughty nature
HP 30 (IV 24)
Att 16 (IV 5)
Def 26 (IV 15)
SpA 14 (IV 26)
SpD 11 (17)
Spd 16 (24)

Lol apparently its attack IV is pretty low and everything else is above average, with highest being Sp. Att blah lol... oh well heh after wards I did 3 hours of Sring for Rotom but no luck. Heh MM if you're going after Rotom I will race you for it :p Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Also Nice shiny croagunk Dragon Tamer Ed (lol my name's Ed too xD) that's really great to catch especially since it was in the shiny hell and its unchainable so its not easily gotten. In the future I plan on breeding for one, just so damn cool x__x *envies*

shinyGeo

Part heeler, Part Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2007
GAH wait for me im at 4 badges i'll play nonstop, i wanna race for the rotom! (Or you guys can go ahead im an isomniac by the time i get to that point you guys would have probably gotten about 300 resets :P)

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Since you got the summary's in im guessing you only got 2 out of the chain? Congrats if you did i've only ever managed 1 out of a chain so just getting 2 is a great feat! Anyways i dont think im gonna be shiny hunting until i get through the game i want me pokeradar back! Im trying to speed through it but i dunno why everything seems harder the second time around. Its probably because the first time i brought the game to school, played with my cousins (i have 10 cousins :P 6 uncles and aunts), and my neighbors, but now that everyone has beat it im like behind, oh well its a awesome oppurtunity to actually go through the game i guess :D (if that made any sense :P)

No, I got them in different chains. If you look closely, you'll see that the date I caught them is different. And no, the date didn't "roll over" because I caught the first Nidoran yesterday at 5:48 AM, and the second one this morning at about 4 AM.

Congrats on your shiny Nincada, D_S! Naughty is a useable nature for it, and when it evolves into Ninjask, it'll still be faster than practically everything in OU (other than other Ninjask with flawless Speed IVs and stuff).

I'm still going to chain more Nidoran. It's not that I don't think I've gotten enough, it's just that I want one with better IVs. Don't get me wrong though; I'm still very happy that I have it shiny.

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2012
Hello. I would like to join the club please. Currently I have no shinies but I am hunting for one right now.

Years
A few of you have already spotted it, but to make it known, the shiny cards are finished and may be found (or requested) HERE!!!

Also, because of consistently inconsistent claims of shinies owned, I'm placing PrincessPeach on club parole. He (yes, he o__o) hasn't been around in a while, so whatever.

Still working on breeding that competitive Vaporeon and not hunting. I might do a few hundred more SRs when Drifloon drifts along this Friday.

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Lol yay for useable nature on my nincada x__x Radar can be too easy sometimes...

Lol so yesterday I started chaining my new secret target...after several tries I finally had a nice chain going. After 3 hours of careful resetting of the radar to get the right patches, The chain broke at 29, my highest eve,r due to a medicham. Needless to say I was pretty ticked off and decided to stop chaining for the day and try my hand at Rotom SRing. Had no luck after 5 hours and went to sleep. Woke up at 9AM this morning and resumed trying to chain... After 20 minutes I finally found one to start the chain up. I kill it and waited for the radar to show me the next patches....BAM! Shiny patch!! Lol I walked up to it and went in:
DVC00174-1.jpg

Wild shiny Snorunt female Appeared!!

YES Cute Charm up front did not fail me!!! Lol So after dancing around for a bit I went to catch it. Paralyzed it with Magnezone and damaged it to half hp with HM slave farfetch'd (it got KO'ed lol) Threw one Ultra ball and it was caught! Nicknamed it IceMaiden. Shiny #34. I decided to try and keep the chain going. Made it all the way to 18 Chain with no other shinies (I kept resetting alot too) then a Sneasel broke my chain. Lol doesn't seem like I can get more than one shiny per chain x___x Anyways more pics:
Dex'd! Too bad Shiny form isn't recorded
Soon it'll be a froslass...
Quiet Nature...decent?
Too Lazy to type out stats, just look here lol

Heh IVs seems to be around 20 for everything except for its lowest, SpA at about 5 x__x Funny how I haven't even managed a chain over 29 and I've already gotten 3 shinies from chaining...too easy? Lol I think I'll train my shinies for a while and evolve them, then I'll decide what to go for next (apart from Rotom at night). Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

(lazy copy & paste :p) Yeah I got it in a 2 chain, lol...heh Quiet is meh on it, ups it good SpA but it lowers its best stat Speed :(:( Shame I can't have two lead pokes to have also used a synchro-er, had to use a male wiggly for its cute charm though since I needed it to be female (Ghost types ftw) 6th ghost type now... come on shiny Rotom :) Meh tomorrow's Friday the 13th ooooooo lol bad luck all around?

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
You're so lucky... a female Snorunt... I am having no luck with Ralts... chains keep being broken by Bidoof!!! Anyways, congrats on your shiny female Snorunt, and to all those with new shinies as well.

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
I...am...finally ready to focus on raising the last member of my team. I should have him at Lv100 by this weekend, so it'll soon be time to take on the competitive battling circuit. Then some more shiny hunts.

Oh and congrats on Snorunt, Steelix. BTW Quiet isn't too good on Froslass as it's a -Spd nature, but that can be worked around.

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2012
Hello. I would like to join please. I have no shinies currently but I am always on hunt for them

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Well, I finally have a 40-chain, and I will be doing nothing but resetting (the radar). I have 921 Max Repels, 999 Super Repels, and 998 Repels, so I'm hoping I pull in a pretty good horde of shinies.

Edit: Why, is that a shiny patch? I believe it is!

I only had to use 10 Max Repels, and at a minimum of 4 resets per Max Repel, I did at least 40 resets to find a shiny patch.

I plan on catching many more.

Last edited:
Years
Whoa, Fufu, you're like becoming the next Shuko/Pokerealm! o__0

I'm thinking out a new "shiny goal." It seems everyone wants to create some sort of "set" of shinies--all of one type, all the starters, all of a set of legends, ... I figured that, to start, I could get one shiny of each type without having any Pokémon cover for more than one type. I currently completely lack a shiny Electric, Fighting, and Ghost. (Prior to yesterday, I didn't have an Ice or Dark, either.) Also, to avoid having a single poke cover for more than one type, I also need another Dark/Ice and Fire/Ground/Rock to eliminate overlap. Out of my current active targets, Rotom or Mareep cover Electric and Drifloon covers Ghost, but none of my active targets cover Fighting, Ice, Dark, Fire, Rock, or Ground. (incl. my new secret shiny, hint) So, I ought to regroup and pick a few new targets to hunt for. :)

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
@ Lxylia - Sure you can join, as a co-owner I welcome you. What are you wanting to get shiny?

@ bardock123 - You seem to have a 'thing' with zidane, until he speaks up himself, please don't spam up our shiny hunter threads calling him out.

@ Dark Steelix Lv X - Congradulations! Your Snowrunt is absolutly adorable!

LDD's update - Sadly I've found nothing, and the Poke-radar hates my very existance! *glares at DS* Well, I'm going to the new Harry Potter movie tomorow, so I'll play the game during the hour+ drive. Wish me luck on the Shinx!

Ja-ne!

- - - Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Last edited:
Back