• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Theory] New region Beginning speculation

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 1, 2015
We all know that the strange souvenir that you get from the hotel hiker is from a region faraway from kalos, but the item comes from a HIKER Which means he Hiked from another region. Now you all may think "Oh faraway region must be overseas" well it could in someway be connected to europe or be in europe or be in asia i.e. Russia,Czecholslovakia,China,FInland but what about that strange souvenir? it looks like an easter island head but what if its not :t201-w::t201-w: *creepy music plays* It is actually a pokemon the items description states. I think it looks like a monkey but it also has wings help me piece together this theory and then ill go from there

Years
We've had a lot of logic on this, and speculation on what the next region will be based off of. Since we just had a region based off of France, then we might be in line for something that sets like London or Asia, indeed. But it's hard to say without real data to discuss.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I totally think we should get one based on the North :3 scandinavia, called something like Skandoh? But we've already seen snow and deep forests and mountains, so perhaps it would be more interesting to have another warmer region based on Australia or Northern Africa. Though, we've already seen deserts and ruins as well... But with a new region name, some new pokemon and a new evil team taking over, every region will feel unique, I'm sure.

If what you mention is a monkey, then perhaps a south Asian or African region is actually coming up 8)

Tricko

Developing Pokémon Dark Leaf
Years
I totally think we should get one based on the North :3 scandinavia, called something like Skandoh? But we've already seen snow and deep forests and mountains, so perhaps it would be more interesting to have another warmer region based on Australia or Northern Africa. Though, we've already seen deserts and ruins as well... But with a new region name, some new pokemon and a new evil team taking over, every region will feel unique, I'm sure.

If what you mention is a monkey, then perhaps a south Asian or African region is actually coming up 8)

I think the region may be in Asia..The description says "An ornament depicting a Pokémon that is venerated as a protector in some region far from Kalos"...
This is how the artifact look like: -
strangesouvenir.png

Does it look like a monkey ?? What do you guys think ??

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
It doesn't look that Asian though.
I would love it to be somewhere in South-America. That continent is just so diverse and you could have the region change some much visually every couple of towns. I haven't played Kalos yet, so I don't know if it was done their, but I want to see a region with a lot of history. Like, old houses at the center of the city, like in Paris, London or Amsterdam. Have towns have a bit of history and depth. Especially mainland Asia and Europe have a lot of history on them, and it would be awesome to see that in games.

Back