• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
Years
  • Age 26
  • US
  • Seen Jul 31, 2023
Can I join, I'm gay and closeted.

As for Boy Scouts, I believe the stance is your fine if your a youth, but they don't accept homosexual leaders. (In addition your kicked out no matter what if your an Atheist or Agnostic, not sure how much they enforce any of these rules though) The only reason I know this though is cause I'm a Boy Scout.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
I don't think that all or even that most cub or boy scout leaders or families of the children are homophobic; I think that the organization at a national level is though. Most the the leaders and families of local groups did not sign their kids up for bible study, most of them wanted to get their kids to learn the secular values of teamwork, outdoor-skills, exercise, meeting new people, having responsibility, and having fun.

I feel the same way about Christians. Yes, the Pope(ugh, electing a human leader to interpret divine law is kinda sacrilegious! Anyways he has used his position to spread hate and condemnation of gays), many nationalized ministers(mostly they preach for lucrative purposes), and public figures ( basically actors, politicians, celebrities, or other known people who use their media power to advocate their own religious beliefs sometimes for media attention, lucrative purposes, or both) are individuals that we see a lot of the time through the media. Often the rest of the population of Christians are pigeon-holed into the same category as those listed above, and I think that it an unfair way to demonize an entire group of people. I would say that many, if not most, Christians strive to help others, show acceptance, and do countless other selfless acts to show their kindness and empathy to others; come one, Lady Gaga is a Christian!

The point I want to make is that we should scrutinize leaders and public figures of organizations, but do not assume that others associated with an organization hold the same views. I am not assuming that any of you are criticizing the families/leaders of the scouts as a whole, I just want to make sure that there is a distinction between the two, and that it is important to make that distinction while talking about any group or organization of people.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Hey there Usagi, welcome to the club! :D

I wouldn't necessarily say that that makes them religious, just... morally sound.

There is a huge difference between morals and values. For instance, while they may disagree, I would say that discrimination is not morally sound. They are clinging to their conservative values, certainly, but I would never go so far as to call their behaviour moral.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
It's been quite a while since I posted here. But, I'd like to drop by and show a rather interesting YouTube video. It is National Geographic's explanation of the biology of homosexuality in men. It suggests that a possible cause is that homosexual men absorb enough testosterone during development to masculinize their bodies, but not enough to have an attraction towards women. It does not say anything about homosexual women, but I believe that it could theoretically be caused by a similar manner, but with estrogen instead of testosterone. This video also does not say anything about bisexuality. But, it's worth watching.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
Hey there Usagi, welcome to the club! :D

There is a huge difference between morals and values. For instance, while they may disagree, I would say that discrimination is not morally sound. They are clinging to their conservative values, certainly, but I would never go so far as to call their behaviour moral.

Neither would I. But they would, sadly. It's the kind of mentality that needs to be abandoned.

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
Years
It's been quite a while since I posted here. But, I'd like to drop by and show a rather interesting YouTube video. It is National Geographic's explanation of the biology of homosexuality in men. It suggests that a possible cause is that homosexual men absorb enough testosterone during development to masculinize their bodies, but not enough to have an attraction towards women. It does not say anything about homosexual women, but I believe that it could theoretically be caused by a similar manner, but with estrogen instead of testosterone. This video also does not say anything about bisexuality. But, it's worth watching.
I was under the impression that this was old news. xD

I think this is the uh "general theory" for transsexuality too. I guess the theory's as good as any really but I feel it's probably dependent on several factors--perhaps a combination of genetics, early-developmental hormone balance, and upbringing, but that's just me. I guess it doesn't matter to me really, but it would be kind of cool for some people to find out!

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/

This is a group of tests to determine your unconscious feelings toward various groups. I thought it'd be interesting to see what scores you guys get for the Sexuality test.

I got a slight preference for straight people, but I sped up toward the end of the test, because I thought I was going too slow... so I don't think mine was actually accurate... but w/e.

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Your Result
Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for Straight People compared to Gay People.

I don't think mine is particularly accurate either - I mean, I don't see myself that way and I don't think I have any sort of preference one way or the other as to the people I interact with - though for all I know it is accurate. Who knows what goes on down there in my subconscious lol.

I kept messing up a lot when they switched the sides for Gay and Straight and brought back the Good and Bad values - so I guess the point of that was that it was easier for me to associate gay with bad than it was with good? I don't know, I doubt the test is flawless since it accustomed me to having "gay" and "bad" on the same side first but it's certainly interesting!

Last edited:
Years
{Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for Gay People compared to Straight People}

To be honest I did notice a pattern that when gay was paired with bad words I'd constantly get them wrong but when gay was paired with good words I'd be more likely to get them right. Although gay does also mean happy and good and stuff so I wouldn't be surprised that that was playing a role somewhere in there.

Last edited:

Shiny

monster tamer streamer
Years
I got so confused on that test thing : S

I'm just going to say I have a preference for straight people but.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I got a moderate automatic preference for gay people compared to straight people.

Only ones I got wrong were the ye olde lesbian pictures cause honestly I couldn't tell what they were quickly.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Your Result
Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for Gay People compared to Straight People.

Hmmm, I think I got this because when the word sorting thing came up, I got messed up at the latter half when they associated "gay"with "bad" and I kept wanting to put the "gay" images and words into the "good" category. xDDD

BUT. I seemed to have trouble accessing the extra part, where you were supposed to read an article about something and answer questions based off it. Anybody else have difficulties accessing that? 0_o

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for Gay People compared to Straight People.

I kinda messed up in the first part of the test, but oh well. lol I liked that last question about how you feel with straight men/women and gay/men women. I gave straight guys a 9 and gay guys a 10, while both categories for women got a 3. lmao

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Your Result
Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for Gay People compared to Straight People.

Hmmm, I think I got this because when the word sorting thing came up, I got messed up at the latter half when they associated "gay"with "bad" and I kept wanting to put the "gay" images and words into the "good" category. xDDD

BUT. I seemed to have trouble accessing the extra part, where you were supposed to read an article about something and answer questions based off it. Anybody else have difficulties accessing that? 0_o
After the test, it just asked questions about whether you thought it was accurate, and what might have affected your score. Then, it just had a graph showing everyone's results, as I recall.

Speaking of which, I was actually somewhat surprised to see the results...
It actually went in order from Strong Preference for Straight People being first, to Strong Preference for Gay People being last. I mean, I knew it would be something like that, but I'm surprised just how many more people preferred straight people.

Years
"Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for Gay People compared to Straight People." Blah, blah, etc., etc. I don't think I'm that biased. I just missed some of the questions at first since I didn't quite get how it worked when it first started.

Their statistics were kind of interesting.

2mnj8ut.png

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
"Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for Straight People compared to Gay People."

Well probably that is because when they paired 'Gay' with 'Good' in the end, I was used to it being the other way around so I got a few wrong there. It's really just very inaccurate haha.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
O_O It said I have a strong preference to straight people over gays! But I love gay people! I want to say that maybe the test was inaccurate, but really, I have no idea what's going on in my unconscious mind...I really hope I love gays unconsciously as much as I do consciously.

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
Years
It says I have a slight preference for gay people over straight people.

I kinda messed up in the first part of the test, but oh well. lol I liked that last question about how you feel with straight men/women and gay/men women. I gave straight guys a 9 and gay guys a 10, while both categories for women got a 3. lmao
I liked that part too! o3o I put a 10 for gay women, 8 for straight men, 6 for gay men and 5 for straight women. :P

. . . please no one read into this too much and think I'm a terrible person. xD

O_O It said I have a strong preference to straight people over gays! But I love gay people! I want to say that maybe the test was inaccurate, but really, I have no idea what's going on in my unconscious mind...I really hope I love gays unconsciously as much as I do consciously.
I was under the assumption they meant either romantically or sexually, not in a friendy way. I could be wrong though. Am I wrong? D:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
It says I have a slight preference for gay people over straight people.

I liked that part too! o3o I put a 10 for gay women, 8 for straight men, 6 for gay men and 5 for straight women. :P

. . . please no one read into this too much and think I'm a terrible person. xD

I was under the assumption they meant either romantically or sexually, not in a friendy way. I could be wrong though. Am I wrong? D:
They mean it in the way of which side do you discriminate against most.

Back