• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hi i iv herd of the game and it sound cool how can i join? Is the game on the internet or nintedo or something ? I hope to see a reply soon :)

Black 2 and White 2 are available for Nintendo DS, and they can play on all DS models, and also the 3DS.

Years
So, I don't have my copy of White anymore because someone stole it, and I'm wondering what I would really get out of replaying Black/White in order to link it up to Black 2/White 2, such as flashbacks and such which I've heard about but don't know much detail.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
So, I don't have my copy of White anymore because someone stole it, and I'm wondering what I would really get out of replaying Black/White in order to link it up to Black 2/White 2, such as flashbacks and such which I've heard about but don't know much detail.

You get access to N's Pokémon in the wild, flashbacks, access to you Musical props, decor for the Dream World, a battle with Bianca and Cheren and some other mentions of your character.

More info on the Memory Link.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
To go with vaporeon's post, you will still get N's Zorua without linking up to B/W. However, you cannot unlock the rest of N's Pokémon, which includes a Lv.35 Darmanitan with it (found in Desert Resort). These Pokémon, from what I'm reading here, all have EVs of 30 in all stats, so they can become valuable members of your team. A couple of these even have their hidden abilities.

One event got my attention today. I walked into Rood's house at Driftveil and came upon a single Zoroark (possibly different than the one in the forest), which starts one such flashback. After the flashback sequence with two Team Plasma members talking (and one beating the other up at one point), and N's appearance in the flashback, the Zoroark is gone and the house empty. If you leave the house and return, everyone is there again.

Cyclone

holdmykidney

Riddled with pokerus
Years
I have a question about the Fossil Giving guy. I've been going each day to complete the collection, but the only one I've never got is the cover fossil.

I've tried resetting to change the one he gives me. If you reset the game, should the fossil you get be random, or have I just been really unlucky twice in a row?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I have a question about the Fossil Giving guy. I've been going each day to complete the collection, but the only one I've never got is the cover fossil.

I've tried resetting to change the one he gives me. If you reset the game, should the fossil you get be random, or have I just been really unlucky twice in a row?

Unfortunately, you can't get the Cover and Plume Fossils from the fossil-giving guy; like in the original B/W, you can only get the Cover or the Plume Fossil, but not both (this time, you get one from Lenora in Nacrene, rather than from the backpacker in Relic Castle). You're going to have to ask someone to trade you a Tirtouga, sadly.

vaporeon7

Years

Other than the one from Lenora, it is possible to get cover and plume fossils through Join Avenue at the antique shop and through Funfest Missions.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Yes, is it random. No, it's never the Plume or Cover Fossil, as others have stated. I've done the soft-reset trick for Fossils and for the Treasure dude on Route 13; even the move lady in Driftveil (back in B/W) got resets if I didn't particularly want to teach a Pokémon the move she demanded.

Cyclone

holdmykidney

Riddled with pokerus
Years
Ahh thanks for help with that folks! I'd forgotten that I'd got the plume fossil elsewhere.

I do have Tirtouga in Black, but I foolishly taught it Surf, so I'll have to do some fiddling around before I can transfer it.

Probably quicker than the Antique shop though. On a totally unrelated note, does anyone want a hard stone? lol

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I do have Tirtouga in Black, but I foolishly taught it Surf, so I'll have to do some fiddling around before I can transfer it.
Why is that foolish? It's a Water and Rock type and gets STAB from it. Unless the special attack stat is lower, it seems like a good idea if not for the fact you can't unlearn it without a trip to Mistralton (or PWT in B2/W2).

Cyclone

Years
Why is that foolish? It's a Water and Rock type and gets STAB from it. Unless the special attack stat is lower, it seems like a good idea if not for the fact you can't unlearn it without a trip to Mistralton (or PWT in B2/W2).

Cyclone

Tirtouga's Special Attack is much lower than Attack so it's much better off with physical moves.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I was Ev training my Zoroark. I would write down my ev progress on paper and use the serebii ev value for each pokemon. I would check and she would say that it could work harder. Am I nuts or am I not doing something right? Or are other people having similar issues.

I asked in the battling section and dude locked my thread on it and referee me to B2/W2 QQ section.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Tirtouga's Special Attack is much lower than Attack so it's much better off with physical moves.
I thought it might be something like that. Lately I have an interest more in IVs, and actually plopped an AR code onto my White 2 today that lets me see them (and subsequently selected one of my Emolga,).

I today found out I have the world's weakest Braviary from my Monday catch, not a single IV over 8 on this Route 4 weekly find with 2s and 4s. I'm a little peeved about that. Going to catch another that is shop-worthy, hopefully...or are the Route 4 ones always going to have weak IVs?

Cyclone

vaporeon7

Years
I was Ev training my Zoroark. I would write down my ev progress on paper and use the serebii ev value for each pokemon. I would check and she would say that it could work harder. Am I nuts or am I not doing something right? Or are other people having similar issues.

I asked in the battling section and dude locked my thread on it and referee me to B2/W2 QQ section.

What was Zoroark holding/what were you battling? It also could have just been a simple miscalculation.

I thought it might be something like that. Lately I have an interest more in IVs, and actually plopped an AR code onto my White 2 today that lets me see them (and subsequently selected one of my Emolga,).

I today found out I have the world's weakest Braviary from my Monday catch, not a single IV over 8 on this Route 4 weekly find with 2s and 4s. I'm a little peeved about that. Going to catch another that is shop-worthy, hopefully...or are the Route 4 ones always going to have weak IVs?

Cyclone

No, you're just really unlucky with the IVs. My Braviary from there had relatively high IVs.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
No, you're just really unlucky with the IVs. My Braviary from there had relatively high IVs.
Thought so. One of the Emolga rejects has a perfect Sp. Attack of 31, but a Sp. Defense and Speed of 2 meaning the high Sp. Attack is useless if it's beaten to the punch. Eventually settled on one above average in all areas including 30s in Defense and Sp. Attack; lowest IV was a 13.

Cyclone

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Thought so. One of the Emolga rejects has a perfect Sp. Attack of 31, but a Sp. Defense and Speed of 2 meaning the high Sp. Attack is useless if it's beaten to the punch. Eventually settled on one above average in all areas including 30s in Defense and Sp. Attack; lowest IV was a 13.

Cyclone
Then the IV problem lies in the location =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back