• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Unown is in Beta 1, it's been in the game already. That list was for pokemon who isn't in the hack to replace Castform. I'll test the castform weather theory soon. I chose Durant. I'll replace Castform with Durant in a test copy, change the weather in battle, and see what happens. If all is good, Durant's replacing Castform.

AwsomeMew

<-- WTF?! WURMPLE!
Years
  • Age 34
  • UNI
  • Seen Jan 24, 2016
I Can't Wait for the release!
The Game looks really impressive.
Sure I WILL download it!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
It's REALLY a BAAAAAAAD idea to do something with Castform...
Not only it's a pain in the ass with the ability but the coding that makes it transform is in a different part of ROM and not to mention his sprite is uneditable... if you check it in UnlZ you won't see Castform but a crappy picture...

Anyways by telling us that V will use status moves, we can pretty much prepare Taunt-er and foil your plans =D

(And by the way Sandstorm team can pretty much be owned by using Fighting types not only Water/Ice :D)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_Ash493

Thanks! After 2 warnings, I think I'll leave Castform alone lol. Don't want to screw things up.

The V/Sand battles won't be that easy. I've set them up & planed accordingly to how an expert player would battle them. Unlike gamefreak who thinks the ppl playing are idiots. Like I said, V's pokemon have powerful attacks along with the status affects. And the sand team is actually more prepared against fighting then it is water/ice. You may see a Gliscor...You may see a Metagross. Not to mention their levels are somewhat higher then an average player's levels would be at that time. But I've did a playthrough of the hack & created a team as if I knew no knowledge of what I was going up against in the beta & after 3-4 tries against the event opponents & an hour of leveling up before the battles, I manage to get past all of them. So no opponent in the hack is "Unbeatable". Some are just "Very Challenging". Shockingly, I've even seen the opponents in the event battles switch out their pokemon a decent amount of times if they knew they had a pokemon who is more suitable to battle the player's pokemon.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
@_Ash493

Thanks! After 2 warnings, I think I'll leave Castform alone lol. Don't want to screw things up.

The V/Sand battles won't be that easy. I've set them up & planned accordingly to how an expert player would battle them. Unlike gamefreak who thinks the ppl playing are idiots. Like I said, V's pokemon have powerful attacks along with the status affects. And the sand team is actually more prepared against fighting then it is water/ice. You may see a Gliscor...You may see a Metagross. Not to mention their levels are somewhat higher then an average player's levels would be at that time. But I've did a playthrough of the hack & created a team as if I knew no knowledge of what I was going up against in the beta & after 3-4 tries against the event opponents & an hour of leveling up before the battles, I manage to get past all of them. So no opponent in the hack is "Unbeatable". Some are just "Very Challenging". Shockingly, I've even seen the opponents in the event battles switch out their pokemon a decent amount of times if they knew they had a pokemon who is more suitable to battle the player's pokemon.

So if I use Ferrothorn, V may use a Fighting or Fire type? Wow. So V's Pokemon are like a wide range of Pokemon with strong attacks?

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
@_Ash493

The V/Sand battles won't be that easy. I've set them up & planed accordingly to how an expert player would battle them. Unlike gamefreak who thinks the ppl playing are idiots. Like I said, V's pokemon have powerful attacks along with the status affects. And the sand team is actually more prepared against fighting then it is water/ice. You may see a Gliscor...You may see a Metagross. Not to mention their levels are somewhat higher then an average player's levels would be at that time. But I've did a playthrough of the hack & created a team as if I knew no knowledge of what I was going up against in the beta & after 3-4 tries against the event opponents & an hour of leveling up before the battles, I manage to get past all of them. So no opponent in the hack is "Unbeatable". Some are just "Very Challenging". Shockingly, I've even seen the opponents in the event battles switch out their pokemon a decent amount of times if they knew they had a pokemon who is more suitable to battle the player's pokemon.

Can't you set the AI level in ATrainer? Won't that make a difference between the AI choosing to make a derpy move(Such as putting a Pikachu against a Steelix), and playing like a competitive battler? And are you making different set-ups for the evil team leader? Making random teams can really beat the trial-and-error method of beating CPU opponents.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_Ach7AC

Yes, the AI for the event battles are as high as it can possibly go, while regular trainers have AI levels of in the middle or very low depending on the type of trainer. The evil team has their own specific pokemon they use & the team leader has his own specific pokemon that he uses. Regular basic trainers will have random teams consisting of some pokemon you've come across so far & some you'll meet later on. The more advance regular trainers will have evolve forms and some have pokemon you can't catch in This beta yet. So it's a mix up, you never know what to expect from most of the trainers on the routes. The levels of the trainers are also similar to that of a person actually playing as them. Example, a youngster might have a team of Watchog/Mincinno/Blitzel. The Watchog might be at level 32, the Micinno at lv30, but the Blitzel at lv23. Realistically, when we play our pokemon games, 1 or 2 of our pokemon is Usually always higher then the others by a huge amount. That's how some trainers will be in this game.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Pokemon Dark Rising Beta 1...Will be released at 5am (New York Time. It's 10:47 here now, so ppl living in other timezones can do the math for when it'll be released in your time.)

mavy42

I'm back, broz :)
Years
I have been supporting your hack since you restarted... I've not been commenting cause uh um........ I'm busy minecrafting! Right... Once you release the beta, I'll be sure that I will tell giradialkia or drfuji to move it to the "Hacks Showcase" since it's so awesome. Good thing, the brownout stopped. I can finally play this game! Good luck on that hack!

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_mavy42
lol Thank You. I hope everyone enjoys it. If anyone bump into an error they cannot pass, me & Tajaros will be right on it to fix it right away. But we've checked about three times and haven't encountered no problems like that.

mavy42

I'm back, broz :)
Years
I have changed my sig.... again and put your hack as the TOP 1 I support. Once again, I am very excited for this hack. Continue making this and the whole universe would be so proud of you and tajaros. If you stop, a creeper will explode! LOLz! Oh! Please put one more gameplay screenshot on the main post so it will be approved in the Hacks Showcase.

Last edited:

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
Years
I'm looking forward to playing this game, since Beta 1 is almost out. To celebrate the event, I made a support banner.

Spoiler:
I hope you guys like it!

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Yes, finally in 3 more ours. Just damn that **** that my right pointer finger is all messed up.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
BIG BIG BIG NEWS!

The hack has been cancelled! lol :P The hack is finished I just sent it to DRG won't take long until you guys play it! xD

Hooray! for Pokemon Dark Rising!

@DRG

Once your done you should post more screenies so this hack would really qualify for the Hack Showcase! xD

@Daniel Evans
Salamat sa suporta! :)

Translation:
Thanks, for the support! :)

Akuroma

I love Colress so much.
Years
I rarely play hacks but this looks good according to my bro, Mid. I'll play it tomorrow. Right now, gotta go do my homework.

Back