• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: New Order

thedudemister

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2013
c8d8a650a87bc1c6976b796e536a7647-d5hpgku.png

• Program: RPG Maker XP (Pokemon Essentials)
  • Language: English
  • Screen Size: 768x543
  • Development: About 1 month in
Story
Giovanni the leader of Team Rocket just seemed to vanish without a trace. No one knows what happened since there was never a report of who had defeated them. All we know is that there have been no Team Rocket sightings for over 5 years. Then one day dozens of reports from various trainers that wake up to find out that there Pokemon have been stolen! No one know who stole these Pokemon but there are those who talk of Team Rockets return. Who is this enemy? Is it Team Rocket or some new threat?

In Pokemon: New Order you can choose from two different roles either play as Cara (the older sister, age 18) or Mea (the younger sister, age 15). Each character will have their own specific starter Pokemon. Cara has Riolu and Zorua. Mea has Chatot and Togepi. You and your sister start your adventures when you hear of the recent Pokemon snatching in your own town. That is when you start your adventure and try to stop this new menace. Do you have what it takes to bring down this new organization?​

Features

• Each character will have a unique adventure. (Same beginning and endings but they will have some different events).
  • All Pokemon will be obtainable in some way in the game. Sorry no fakes. However there will be guest characters. For example: Chaos from Sonic the Hedgehog will be obtainable as Pokemon.
  • No gyms or elite four. Instead in each town you will have to take down a facility that are occupied by this new threat. Some bases house Legendary Pokemon. There will also be mini missions where you must track down stolen Pokemon after talking to some trainers.
  • Larger screen! Sized 768x543 for less trips to the eye doctor!
  • There will be a lot of free roaming Pokemon in addition to the standard grass, cave, and water tiles.
  • Catch Pokemon almost anywhere. You can now encounter Pokemon inside towns and cities.
  • Greater variety of Pokemon. Return to the same spot different time of the day and see that the Pokemon there are completely different!
  • More of a detailed environment and more variations along routes. Instead of the normal plain routes where it is just some grass and trees.
  • More life like in the sense that people, objects, trees, and buildings are more proportional. For example: The inside of a building will have the same amount of walking squares that the outside has. This games environment is very large so there may be adjustments to the top level a Pokemon can be (probably around 255).
  • No rival like normal games. Here Team Rocket (Jesse and James) take the place of your rival.
  • NO HMS! All existing HMs will be made into TMs. Pretty much from the start if you have the necessary Pokemon to preform an action you can as long as you have the corresponding TM.
  • Items on the ground are the actual items. Instead of just a Pokeball to take place of an item on the ground you will pick up what you actually see. If you see a Potion you get a Potion.
  • Get Trophy's for completing different things. (Trophy's will automatically show up in your Trophy room).
Features are subject to change.

Characters
Spoiler:

Screen Shots
Spoiler:

No one may use any tile or graphic from any image on this page. Everything is blurred to prevent stealing.

Team
Me(thedudemister) - everything (minor scripting).
Crazyninjaguy - Scripting

Credits
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
testmap2.png

My problem here is the player is smaller than a picket fence.
Which doesn't make a whole good of sense.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
I think you forgot to credit a few people:
Spoiler:

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
this looks good. The sprites from the BW pack like P-Sign mentioned do need credit. The only other thing I see is that either you need to increase the size of the pokemon battle sprites, at least the back ones. You shouldn't see the flat bottom, that should be where the screen ends.

thedudemister

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2013
I think you forgot to credit a few people:
Spoiler:

I did'nt credit because those sprites are going to be replaced soon. But I guess while it is up I should show credit. Thanks.

this looks good. The sprites from the BW pack like P-Sign mentioned do need credit. The only other thing I see is that either you need to increase the size of the pokemon battle sprites, at least the back ones. You shouldn't see the flat bottom, that should be where the screen ends.

The battle screen is still a work in progress. The back sprite will be shown in full once I figure out of the re-animate it correctly. I tried right before I did the screenshot and failed miserably. As for the size of the sprites they will stay the way they are. Thanks.

Edit: Here is an updated version of the Battle screen. Still a WIP. Blurred.
battle_screen_by_dasdoodmeister-d5ggriu.png

Last edited:

thedudemister

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2013
Begun work on Route 1. Here is a screen shot.

route_1___wip_by_dasdoodmeister-d5ho9u5.png

Also made a game logo. Any feedback on improvement is appreciated.
c8d8a650a87bc1c6976b796e536a7647-d5hpgku.png

Edit: Updated Party Menu screen. Changed some things.
wip___party_menu_by_dasdoodmeister-d5fjo8m.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2023
I really like the graphic style, feels alot more different than other ones.

FiyahKitteh

Bubbly Fiyah kitteh
Years
Oh, this looks pretty interesting!

I like how you are going for a completely different look of everything and the character sheets looks pretty nice! =3

It's also cool to see, that the rival is replaced by Team Rocket, much like in the Anime. I honestly always found it kinda weird that the game was more about your rival than anything else. xD

Oh, oh and a bigger screen? GREAT! Now I can put my freakin' binoculars away. Thank you. =P

I'm really looking forward to hearing and seeing more about your project. It looks nice to far. =)

Back