• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
Sorry for ask about the release date! I didn't know that I couldn't.
I asked because I can't wait to play a new version! XD
Sorry again!

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2010
Maybe I'm just bad at the game but I found myself spending a lot of time grinding in this hack. The trainer battles were too easy and the gym battles were too hard. If you increase the level of a lot of the trainer pokemon it should even things out. Trainer battles won't be boring any more and my team will be levelled enough that I won't have to spend too much time grinding on wild pokemon to face the gym leaders.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2011
Do anybody know what Metapod23 is doing? Because I've PM'ed him/her and he/she hasn't replied yet... maybe somebody knows? :b

Years
Maybe I'm just bad at the game but I found myself spending a lot of time grinding in this hack. The trainer battles were too easy and the gym battles were too hard. If you increase the level of a lot of the trainer pokemon it should even things out. Trainer battles won't be boring any more and my team will be levelled enough that I won't have to spend too much time grinding on wild pokemon to face the gym leaders.

Use VS seeker. It helps you so much in times like this

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
After playing through the entirety of the most recent version of the hack, here are all my suggestions and complaints:

General Suggestions:

The gym leaders level up too quickly, while the wild Pokémon level up too slowly, with the regular trainer battles in between. It's pretty unbalanced that way.

There should be more trainers and/or more grass that is required to be walked through in the later routes.

There sould be something like a flashlight key item to replace the Flash HM, as Squirtle's Cave (and any future dark caves) is very annoying otherwise.

Give us the option to buy or find Everstones somewhere early so I don't to nearly constatly cancel evolutions.

Link Saffron City back up with Vermillion and Cerulean like in the games. Just because Ash never did it doesn't mean you should deny us the ability to backtrack further back than the Ghost of Maiden's Peak episode. Besides, how are we supposed to access the extra areas behind the cuttable trees back there otherwise?

There are several spelling, punctuation, and grammar errors that need fixing.

Specific Suggestions:

If you don't want us to select the female trainer, then can't you find a way to keep us from doing so?

Brock's Onix and Jessie's Ekans/Arbok need to know Dig. They may not ever call it by name, but it's clear what they're doing when they say something like "Go underground."

Why can't Charmander learn Metal Claw like he can in the real FireRed game? No, Ash's Charmander/meleon/izard never used it, and it couldn't learn it in R/B, but Ash's Pikachu has never used Double Team or Slam, which it also couldn't learn by level up in R/B, and you (pretty much) left its moveset alone. Why would you bother to switch Charmander's moveset over to R/S/E when there's no story-driven reason to do so?

On the same note, I understand how the story made it necessary to switch the levels that Pikachu learns Agility and Double Team, but why was Butterfree's Confusion pushed all the way down to Psybeam's spot, while I have no idea when it will learn Psybeam? If you were worried about us beating Brock too easily with Butterfree's Confusion, couldn't you just stick in at something like L16 instead of making us wait all the way until L34 while keeping Psybeam at L34?

I'd like to see a battle against Meowth after the initial Team Rocket double battle in the Viridian Forest ("Ash Catches a Pokémon"), as that's one of the few times that he actually tries to battle

Shouldn't Samurai apologize after you beat Beedrill and save Metapod?

Ash's Butterfree should be a boy. You even made it a boy when we trade Raticate back for it, so why is it a girl when you first catch it as Caterpie

In "Path to the Pokémon League," "seven" in Spanish should be "siete," not "sieta."

There are only 5 Squirtle in the Squirtle Squad, not 6.

Sabrina (the second time) in particular is really overpowered. Can't you tone down her Kadabra some?

Fuschia Gym is annoying in that you changed the invisible wall layout but left the little marks on the floor (that tell you where the walls are in the real game) unchanged. Can you move them to the correct positions or at least take them out?

By the way, I can barely understand the Fuschia Gym riddle even after learning the answer. I bet you could phrase a little better without making it too easy.

Why doesn't Pidgeotto come out with the others in "Snow Way Out" and "The Purr-fect Hero?" If it needs to be an event Pokémon to use it that way, then just modify the Viridian Forest encounter with Pidgeotto to be an event capture.

As I mentioned before, there's a huge bug in "March of the Exeggutor Squad" where you can't get in the tent if watch the cutscene where the assistant quits and then go battle everyone at the circus before coming back to the tent.

I know there's not supposed to be a Pokémon Center close by in "A Chansey Operation," but can't you at least put one in Neon Town (which still isn't that close to the aformentioned episode), so we don't have to make a huge backtrack before I can grab the Togepi egg, not to mention how annyoing it is to travel that far through that many episodes without being able to heal at a Pokémon Center?

Meowth need to be a lot more common to find in "The Purr-fect Hero."

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2011
Help?

I was playing beta 1.68, but recently I just updated to the latest one 2.1. Previously I was at the point where I defeated the Farfetch'd trainer who tried to steal my Pokemon, which I assumed that was the last part of the game for beta 1.68. So I updated patched to 2.1, I start the game, I walked one step and suddenly the warden says 'ding dong, times up! No loitering etc.' as if I had walked the last step in the safari zone, and then suddenly I was teleported to Fuchsia city. I couldn't get any further from there fuchsia city, I went to the Pokemon center and talk to nurse joy, she doesn't, give me the Pokemon medicine and bike asking me for help to go to the other city, because I had already done that in beta 1.68. What should I do now?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
You can't just continue your old save file with a new game version. You would have to do something complicated to get it to work, if there's a way to do it at all. Besides, the latest version is 2.5z, not 2.1. Just start a new game with v2.5z.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2013
help~~ how to hack through the tree, I am in the 5th gym but I can't hack the tree to battle with that girl @@

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2010
I gave the Juice Berry to Jigglypuff and i need take it to Neon City but where is that Jigglypuff ? I'm not finding it anywhere...

Now i caught aerodactyl, defeated misty and jessie, defeated the farfetch thief and talked with oak.
What now ?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
I gave the Juice Berry to Jigglypuff and i need take it to Neon City but where is that Jigglypuff ? I'm not finding it anywhere...

Now i caught aerodactyl, defeated misty and jessie, defeated the farfetch thief and talked with oak.
What now ?
So did you take Pikachu to the hospital; save James from his parents and Jessiebell; take the Togepi egg, hatch it, and give it to Misty after you battle her?

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2011
i`m stuck in light house, have no door to exit from lighthouse..i made a save state then grabbed a new fire red rom and i patched it with 2.5 and renamed the file like the rom i used.i deleted the old rom and it didn't work.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 25, 2012
hey please help me i am stuck in squirtle sqad event. i have the old rod, but when i am fishing only goldeen and magikarp keeps comming no squirtle is to be found, can u plase give me the whole walkthrough of squortle suad event plzz?

edit - nver mind i got it

Last edited:

PyroFuel

Grand Maester
Years
Stuck

I'm unsure if this is just for me, but I've done the maidens peak part with Ghastly and I've just released my butterfree.

Here's the thing, I try to head down to saffron and there's two girls just standing there, and if I speak to them I just hear a sound (which is like when you select something from the inventory).

I can't go anywhere else, so I'm well and truly stumped. Help?

Red4190

Kanto Champion
Years
idk if this is true but some one told me that metapod quit on this project and isn't gonna finish this.......is this true?????

P_S_B

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
idk if this is true but some one told me that metapod quit on this project and isn't gonna finish this.......is this true?????

I wouldn't imagine so. Unless Metapod announces it himself, assume it to be false. He's taking a (albeit rather long...) break from hacking after completing the last beta.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Just like the poster above mentioned, Metapod's taking break from hacking ;)
Once he gets some rest, he'll surely bring us something =)

The gym leaders level up too quickly, while the wild Pokémon level up too slowly, with the regular trainer battles in between. It's pretty unbalanced that way.

There should be more trainers and/or more grass that is required to be walked through in the later routes.

There sould be something like a flashlight key item to replace the Flash HM, as Squirtle's Cave (and any future dark caves) is very annoying otherwise.

Sabrina (the second time) in particular is really overpowered. Can't you tone down her Kadabra some?
I agree with these. But I suppose they had already been mentioned.

Give us the option to buy or find Everstones somewhere early so I don't to nearly constatly cancel evolutions.
This had been mentioned tons of times =)
I think Metapod will make them available in the next beta.

but why was Butterfree's Confusion pushed all the way down to Psybeam's spot, while I have no idea when it will learn Psybeam? If you were worried about us beating Brock too easily with Butterfree's Confusion, couldn't you just stick in at something like L16 instead of making us wait all the way until L34 while keeping Psybeam at L34?
You are supposed to lose Butterfree so why to care about Confusion? =)

Years
Great hack! It's a surprise that I can beat stone Pokemon with a light of thunder :) and also Charmeleon don't want to obey me...everything like in the anime! Good work. Waiting for final version! Will Charmeleon and later Charizard obey me? And will be the Orange Archipelago?

Back