• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Have you ever defeated a frontier brain?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I haven't played Emerald in a while, but I know I have beat Tucker and Lucy for Silver. I've tried the Battle Factory MANY times, but the Pokemon I pick are mostly useless. I prefer relying on my own Pokemon, since I can breed and train them.

Years
Two or so years ago I aimed for all Silvers and emerged victorious in around a month's time.

Recently I've been going for Gold, starting with the Factory, but things aren't going so well. So far it's been a major pain, and I'm beginning to wonder if this is even possible.

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I managed to get all silver battle frontier symbols, but only 2 Gold symbols from the Battle Pike which is my favorite and the Battle Pyramid which is my second favorite. The Battle Frontier was very difficult and the only thing that helped me get all Gold symbols was an action replay

:t354:TG

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
I think the only brain I ever beat was Tucker, after watching the Anime episode where Ash takes him on in a double battle I was in obsessed with battling him, when I did finally reach him I was shocked to find he didn't use Arcanine and secondly that it wasn't a double battle :S

Adore

Party.
Years
I was able to at least battle all of them once, but I was only lucky enough to beat Lucy and Tucker for their silver symbols. Then I lost that game cartridge on a road trip. I haven't been able to beat any of them since. ;___;

Turboblaze

Blazing Aura
Years
I've beaten them all once except Greta, who I've never even gotten to. I've faced Noland and Tucker for the gold symbol before but I lost both times.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
I remember snagging a few silver symbols, but the gold symbols were much too challenging for my adolescent self to attain. I really like the battle frontier because it presents an actual challenge by raising both you and your opponent trainers to an equal playing field.

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
I would try, but simply could not.
After a while, it simply became a place I went too when I wanted to pass the time.

KantoSwag

Kanto Wanderer
Years
I defeated every Frontier Brain in Emerald except Anabel
I've defeated every Frontier Brain in Platinum
Almost got a Gold against Palmer

So here is the story; In Emerald I fought Anabel she had an Alakazam, Snorlax and Entei
I had, Blaziken, and two others I can't remember.
I just remember it was my Blaze vs her Snorlax. Sky Uppercut missed and her Lax used Earthquake which I thought would OHK me. Me hoping Sky Uppercut OHK her Lax used it again but it "hung on by the skin of its teeth" and I lost.
I lost against Palmer because his Regigias confused my party and I kept on getting hit by confusion lol

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
yep i got all the gold symbols exept Brandon's i sort of stopped playing when HG/SS came out

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
I remember getting three or four silver symbols, from beating Noland, Lucy, Brandon, and maybe Spenser. Never made it to Anabel, not sure if I ever reached Greta, and I couldn't beat Tucker. I had lots of pokémon to choose from, so my team varied a lot, usually depending on the facility.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
All I could get was a silver from Lucy. I get past the first round on all of them but the Battle Palace, and I've gotten close to battling Nolan and Tucker before, but the closest I got other than Lucy was being one floor away from going against Brandon.

Met a wild vileplume that fainted my last Pokemon and I never went to the battle pyramid again.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I've only defeated Lucy. Not sure what happened then, but I did.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I've only defeated Lucy for silver before, but not the others. I almost got to the top of the Battle Pyramid though, but alas, my team was too weak zz..

Back