• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
if you buff some non-abrasive toothpaste over the CD, it fills in the scratches and works like new :3

No joke~ I've done it to a few of my things :3

Sounds good, any particular brands of toothpaste I should try though like Colgate?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Sounds good, any particular brands of toothpaste I should try though like Colgate?

Usually straight white is good.. test it on like a piece of paper. Like pour a pea sized amount (or smaller) out on the paper and rub it with your finger.. if it feels grainy then dont use it cause it'll scratch it more, but if it's soft then go for it! :3

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
Usually straight white is good.. test it on like a piece of paper. Like pour a pea sized amount (or smaller) out on the paper and rub it with your finger.. if it feels grainy then dont use it cause it'll scratch it more, but if it's soft then go for it! :3

Okay sounds good, tbh it does sound pretty hard to do on a PSP disc but hopefully it's possible.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Okay sounds good, tbh it does sound pretty hard to do on a PSP disc but hopefully it's possible.

I did it with some YGO Hong Kong DVDs that I thought were impossible.. put the toothpaste on, rub it with my ringers around and then wipe it off with a soft cloth and they worked :3
I mean.. if they don't work anyways you kinda have nothing to lose haha..

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
For each one you have to weigh the effort against the reward though...if you have to buy a whole new bottle of toothpaste and drive to the store to get it and go through the effort of actually cleaning it, is it worth it when you can get a brand new one for 15 bucks on Amazon? :P

I guess that depends on how far away your store is and how much money you have though, haha.

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
If the toothpaste idea doesn't work I'll just have another friendly Pokemon battle with one of my buddies for the cash I need to get another copy of P3P, I'll probably use my FEAR Aron Fluffles again to net me the win lol.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
For each one you have to weigh the effort against the reward though...if you have to buy a whole new bottle of toothpaste and drive to the store to get it and go through the effort of actually cleaning it, is it worth it when you can get a brand new one for 15 bucks on Amazon? :P

I guess that depends on how far away your store is and how much money you have though, haha.

I'm pretty sure people have toothpaste lying around their house..

And you'll have to pick up groceries eventually.. for a dollar or two, it is worth a shot. The cheap gel ones like Aquafresh or
629px-Repair-a-CD-With-Toothpaste-Step-4.jpg

if it doesnt work.. you can always just keep it in a travel bag or for future use.

It is not much effort to smear some toothpaste on something and wipe it off again.

But if you or they rather go spend 15 dollars on a new one, then of course, I'll just shut up and take my advice somewhere else.

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
This was the kind of disc I was talking about Kura, hopefully the TP trick will work but I know it'll be a pain to clean to say the least.

41zh8KMbi6L.jpg

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
just smear it and wipe it bit by bit as you go. Like I said, if it doesn't work then.. well it didn't work anyways, but heck spending 5 minutes and doing that is worth a try IMO. Either way good luck. VM me how it goes!! :3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Whoa. Having a bad day or something Kura? That was an awfully snappy reaction to a casual post. :/

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I'm going to change the topic to HALLOWEEENNN FUN.. since I don't like where this is being steered, and I rather not go down this route.

I just got finished watching Zombieland! I hadn't watched it before and it was good fun! Any of you have a favourite horror film?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Psycho, closely followed by The Shining. They're the only ones that can genuinely creep me out for hours after watching them. Mainly because they're not so reliant on 'shock'-horror, and more based upon psychological terror as well as awesome film-making skills. The music in both films, for example, can still make me really nervous just by listening to them.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Psycho, closely followed by The Shining. They're the only ones that can genuinely creep me out for hours after watching them. Mainly because they're not so reliant on 'shock'-horror, and more based upon psychological terror as well as awesome film-making skills. The music in both films, for example, can still make me really nervous just by listening to them.

Did you ever see The Shining's remake with terrible CGI lions?!
Man.. I saw a bit of it on TV one year and it was just.. >_> no.

Haha! I think I'm gonna read MPD Psycho tonight to get into the haunted mood. Never read it but it is supposed to be a creepy manga. :3 A friend of mine let me borrow the first book.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
RAINBOWS ARE EVIL. EVIL, EVIL, EVIL, EVIL, EVIL!

Anyway... speaking of Halloween.... no one is going to really be celebrating this year due to the aftermath of hurricane Sandy... u_u School was cancelled due to no power--but I will still dress up as a nerd anyhow. As for haunted houses I wanna go to one so bad but daddy will not pay for us to go to one.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
That's sad :( Not a very good time for a storm to hit and cause a lot of destruction =/ Then again it's never a good time ^^;

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Sad that all this destruction is going to linger for quite a while. No fun Halloween for lots of kids.

I know a lot of places around me are just...rescheduling Halloween. I didn't think that was a thing you could do, but apparently you can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back