• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: G3T - Gen 3 Tools

Years
Is the stuff you want to add for the Trainer Editor giving trainers pokemons Evs, Dvs, natures and abilities? If not could you implement it sometimes? This Feature would be total phamtomness!
and great work so far!

No. The Trainers Editor will know the addition of a "Default Moves" feature. A feature that I am certain a lot of you gonna love and find extremly practical.
As for making the tool give EVs, Abilities, ... etc it's simply not possible since that can only be done thourought ASM hacking. There is tough a very solid ASM hack done by a member known by DoesntKnowHowToPlay which allows editing EVs, natures and IVs.

*cries* SO HAPPY!

No worries on time constraints~ I'm busy IRL anyway lol. But you definitely gave me another reason to hurry up and get things taken care of so I can get back to hacking!

Thank you so much for fixing it! Looking forward to the update!
You're welcome. It only makes me happy to know that my tools are actually appreciated by people. ^^

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
Years
You're welcome. It only makes me happy to know that my tools are actually appreciated by people. ^^
Over saturated capitalization is my biggest pet peeve in Pokemon games, and Anti-Exploud looked like it was the perfect fix for my problem, then I run into an issue and it flat out doesn't work. I tried directly editing the hack in hex but that yielded no results either, so when I heard that AE was getting a fix... I almost jumped out of my chair yelling random syllables incoherently. Almost.

Anti-Exploud's GUI is extremely easy to use and understand, and if it works as intended it will solve one of my biggest issues with hacking, and with relative ease. So it goes without saying that the news you gave us was extremely well received by me personally. I'm really looking forward to getting back to hacking with this update~

Now if only I could find a way to add custom types with such ease as well.. That would be a huge plus. Well, that and having a map editor that doesn't crash every 2 hours lol. (AMap 1.92, still waiting for MEH to reach full release state)

Anyway, thanks for the updates and replies! Keep up the great work!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 18, 2023
Really useful all-in-one-tool, great work! :)

I have a question (and potentional idea for an add-on in the next version):

I used karatekid552's GenIII Hacking Suite to improve my rom's max Pokémon number and obviously I am not able to load the rom with your tool afterwards. The problem is, that I don't know which values in the ini files have to be changed to get it working again. Do you have any hints for me?
(A bunch of other tools to change small things (like the advanced starter editor) don't work as well but there isn't even an ini-file to edit...)

Maybe you can add support for enhancing the pokémon/pokédex number in your tool, too!?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 29, 2014
Humm, hey... I'm probably being the stupidest guy on this forum thread XD but every time I try to change the accuracy of a move [Double Slap 85% -> 90%] in your Moves Editor it acts like I haven't done anything at all. So, how do you save the chances you make in the moves again? <.<

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
Years
Humm, hey... I'm probably being the stupidest guy on this forum thread XD but every time I try to change the accuracy of a move [Double Slap 85% -> 90%] in your Moves Editor it acts like I haven't done anything at all. So, how do you save the chances you make in the moves again? <.<
I had the same problem when trying to give Blizzard 160 Power and 50% Accuracy. It acted like I hadn't changed Accuracy. (Hard to tell if damage increased, was ohko'ing everything lol)

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I had the same problem when trying to give Blizzard 160 Power and 50% Accuracy. It acted like I hadn't changed Accuracy. (Hard to tell if damage increased, was ohko'ing everything lol)

Did you guys enable saving? Its on the first window I believe. If you did...then well..try again?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Downloaded the 2.7 file and I get the exact same table.ini error :( I'm using Windows 7.

2ryiwlh.png

Tried unzipping with 7-zip, WinRAR and some random one I downloaded as a third option >< all the same error.

Last edited:
Years
(A bunch of other tools to change small things (like the advanced starter editor) don't work as well but there isn't even an ini-file to edit...)

There are ini files to edit you just didn't look for them. Moreover, there is a feature that allows you easily edit ini files.
Spoiler:

Also, I tested adding 400 new Pokémon with Karatekid22's Gen III Suite and then juste added 400 to the NumberOfPokémon in the ini file and it is working.

Downloaded the 2.7 file and I get the exact same table.ini error :( I'm using Windows 7.

2ryiwlh.png

Tried unzipping with 7-zip, WinRAR and some random one I downloaded as a third option >< all the same error.

You're either not extracting the download file correctly or, possibly, you need to update your version of .Net Framework.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
You're either not extracting the download file correctly or, possibly, you need to update your version of .Net Framework.

I'm pretty sure I extracted fine :( never had the problem with another tool. Double checked my .Net Framework too - all up to date.

darkrai1381 PM'd me his solution :) hopefully he'll post it here / send to you and it might clear up whether there's some inherent problem with the ini (or at least provide a fix for people like me who keep failing :L).

Years
Yeah, darkrai1381 PM'ed me with the solution I now have a better idea on the source of this bug, I didn't want to release v2.8 so early before double checking everything but fudge it, I'll be uploading it soon, probably...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 18, 2023
There are ini files to edit you just didn't look for them.

I meant the small programs like AdvancedStarters which allow editing only single values, they don't alsways have an ini file

Also, I tested adding 400 new Pokémon with Karatekid22's Gen III Suite and then juste added 400 to the NumberOfPokémon in the ini file and it is working.

When adding a number of new pokemon via GenIII Suite you have to select a position for the new data to be saved respectively enhance the existing position.

Spoiler:

But how does your tool know these new position or new data size by only editing the new number of pokemon?
When I try this, I'll have an empty list in the pokemon section (reasoned by missing ini entries).
Spoiler:

GenIII Tools obviously knows about these new data as they were generated with this tool.

Do I think too complicated or do I just overlook something? :(

Years
@Honz, programs such as AdvanceStarters edit single values that are usually part of a script, that's why you'll never find an ini file for that, scripts varie from a game to another.
As of your issue with the empty Pokémon list. Does Gen III Suite display for you the correct data? If yes, open your rom in G3T then go to the menu > ? > Edit the ini file then update the field "PokémonData" with the new offset.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 18, 2023
I know that those small tools can't be configured manually, I just brought them as an example for tools, that work in opposition to your tool.

Yes, GenIII-Suite works perfectly but doesn't provide all the functions that your tool does, that's why I want to get yours to work...

Merging the ini files came to my mind too, but how to change an internal offset in your ini (&####) with a numeric one (0x####) from the GenIII file?

Last edited:
Years
I know that those small tools can't be configured manually, I just brought them as an example for tools, that work in opposition to your tool.

Yes, GenIII-Suite works perfectly but doesn't provide all the functions that your tool does, that's why I want to get yours to work...

Merging the ini files came to my mind too, but how to change an internal offset in your ini (&####) with a numeric one (0x####) from the GenIII file?
0x#### = &H####
Ex.: 0x900000 = &H900000

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 18, 2023
THAT was what I wanted to know :)

Thank you very much, it is working finally :D

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I have a suggestion for Anti-Exploud...
How about making a button that decaps POKéMON, POKéDEX, POKéNAV, etc? It isn't hard to do with a hex editor, I've done it, but maybe some people don't know how to do that...
Awesome tools btw :)

Years
You just need to:
1- Type POKéMON in the appropriate text zone.
2- Click the button [Add to List]
3- Make sure the start offset and end offset are set to 0.
4- Click Apply to ROM.
9UYhncC.png

Last edited:
Back