• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WELCOME TO ENTERTAINMENT & MEDIA (the section)

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
General Entertainment Rules
Welcome to General Entertainment, PokeCommunity's best and most underrated section... for some reason. Thanks for stopping by; have a drink, post in a few threads, but overall, enjoy yourself! Below are the rules, notable threads in this forum as well as a guide on what type of threads go here. Make sure to read them all so your tenure in the forum is long!

All global rules apply here...
so if you're unfamiliar with or just need a quick refresher of the PokeCommunity rules, you can find them here. Make sure to give them a thorough look over to make sure you're not missing anything.

Elaborate and expound...
on everything you say to assure you've given your best answer to threads. If you put as much detail as you can into your responses, you're sure to hit the mark and answer the topic at hand. In turn, this could make people respect your opinion on what you consider to be quality entertainment. Conducive discussions and relationships are produced this way, so do your best to be a fellow well-rounded contributor to General Entertainment

Listing and leaving...
is still not okay! Sure, you can choose to withhold some details from your post if you're just not the kind of person that elaborates a ton, but in topics such as general movie or music/band/artist discussion, listing your favorites/least favorites and leaving it with no further explanation, etc is still not acceptable, and you are expected to give some sort of worthwhile response.

Technology and video game discussion...
is not permitted here. While this is a forum all about entertainment, we have separate forums for discussion regarding Technology (and computers!) and Video Games. You can, however, still post anything else that involves music, movies, television series/cartoons, and anything having to do with Japanese entertainment.

Single video threads...
do not belong here. Threads that have little to no purpose other than to share/discuss random Youtube videos/video creators do not belong here. If it has become a vendetta of yours to share these videos with the world, post them in the Random Youtube Video thread in Computers & Technology.

Embedding videos, on the other hand...
is perfectly alright. You may embed a Youtube video if you're starting or contributing to a thread about a certain band or artist and you want to have aid in explaining your opinions. As long as your thread still has a certain element of discussion present, it is appropriate. Please be courteous to members that have systems that don't provide enough memory to satisfy the needs of loading multiple Youtube videos on a page at once. After the first post, or after one or two videos have already been embedded to get the point across, link your videos rather than embed them.

Advertising your music...
is also not only alright, but encouraged. If you're in a band or looking to make it big in the world as an artist and want to showcase your skills, General Entertainment is the place for it. You're heavily encouraged to make threads about your entertainment exploits here, and you are allowed to advertise them here as well. Just please avoid making a thread to advertise your YouTube channel; threads should be dedicated to entertainment discussion or discussion of a homogeneous collection of your original media creations.

Be courteous about premieres...
concerning natural airing. If a show premiers on the east coast of the United States, it's perfectly fair enough to post a thread or post about it somewhere. However, if episodes that are currently unaired anywhere are specially uploaded to a website before they're aired in, say, the UK, natural airing hasn't made the episodes fair game and you'll be blatantly spoiling anything you post about. Be courteous to those around you when posting spoilers. Use spoiler tags in the latter cases or you'll be infracted. Spoiling is a serious deal.
Non-compliance with any of these rules will lead to delete posts, to warnings, which eventually leads to infractions, bans, etc, but I'm confident none of which will have to occur, because I know everyone will follow the rules like good little members! :] If you have any questions or concerns with any of these rules, please contact me, and I will assist you in any way possible.

Oh, and another thing. Want some cool thread recommendations? Check below!
The Football Discussion Thread; the most popular sport in the world, even if most of the forum populace either couldn't care less or half calls it football and the other half calls it soccer.

PokéCommunity Dubtrack; want to listen to music while chatting with your buddies? This is the one and only place to be.

What are you listening to? and Last movie you watched; your neighborhood postcount +1

Last edited by a moderator:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I meant to note that I updated the rules and spiffed them up a bit. also note the rule on natural airing, please. important for this time of year when new things are premiering pretty much all season long.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I'm gonna start periodically sticking discussions I find to be particularly interesting or engaging, and if you are a frequent owner of any of these threads I'll be dropping you a hot emblem in due time. a lot of the recent threads have been really good, keep it up guys! if you have any suggestions for the section my PMs are always open.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
i never said anything here when maccrash got modded, but he was everyone's favorite so you all knew right away regardless. in any case, we've undergone a transition back to General Entertainment once again, with a couple of modifications in the works so that we can have a generalized umbrella of a name but with a draw that sets us on the same level as the rest of the forums in the Entertainment & Hobbies board. the prefixes were part 1 (albeit an unexpected one), and part 2 will hopefully be public very soon.

also we've been brainstorming some fun things to do here for once since the last fun thing i did here besides radio nights was the "What Song Is it Anyway" activity that went over well. i have no ambition to revive that because it takes too much time to put together, time that i Do Not have.

so!

you'll see more of us and shiny new things in the coming days. keep posting as you are, cuties. i'm opening this thread for a bit, so let us know if you've got any ideas or suggestions, but please nothing along the lines of "why did you change the name", or "i liked the old name", but i will accept "you look ravishing today" and "your avatars are getting Better and Better; keep it up!"

:)

Last edited:
Back