Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 2 Weeks Ago (06:55 PM).
RedJ
Let us start the game.

Nature: Quiet
Aw yes first update

Spoiler:
Picked Froakie as my starter, sped through everything until finally getting to Santalune, went to Route 22 and grabbed a Litleo and Azurill, boxed Froakie and got my first badge and currently on Route 7 after getting Snorlax out of the way, so now I'm trying to track down a Croagunk. Zubat should be obtained not long after, but Croagunk also only has a 5% chance of appearing, so I'm probably gonna be here awhile (I've managed to run into a white flower Flabebe, which has a 1% chance of appearing, before a Croagunk somehow).

Current team:

Godric (Litleo, male), level 17, Headbutt -Noble Roar -Ember - Work Up
Mari (Azurill, female), level 15, Water Gun - Bubble - Charm - Bubblebeam

Trade Review Thread | Pokemon Spreadsheet
Friend Safari: Ice- Delibird/Bergmite/Dewgong
Old 2 Weeks Ago (10:45 PM).
Thursday
Just Another Slow Thursday
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by d4rk:
Thursday,

Thank you a lot for you team. Unfortunately, I might leave your team in another member's hands. Indeed, I've never played Pokemon gen IV, V, VI, and discovered these gens' Pokemon through hacks as much as Pokemon Glazed and Pokemon Flora Sky. So I don't know 'em very well.

But. If it's not a problem, tell me and I'll chose one any ways

Another noticeable point. I've seen that in your proposed team, only two Pokemon remain uncatchable in Emerald : Weedle and Seel (source). Also, I don't remember where Miltank is, but I'll be able to treat that in-game.
What I've hacked is : Having Seel as a starter and making other starters Ground and Steel : Diglett and Aron. Also I've made Weedle appear very soon in-game, in place of Wurmple.
Otherwise, we may just change these two Pokemon as you said, but I'd like you to consider it as the last option...

Edit :
Spoiler:
I've forgotten that I have to Hack every single rival battle to get him to have Aggron. Well he chose Torchic, Torchic evolves to Blaziken, Blaziken is a correct arch enemy for Dewgong so... Yeah That's cool.

Waiting for you reply
Whoops, I was more worried about trying to get Pokemon with different types instead of trying to get Pokemon that you can actually get in the game. :\

I can easily change the Pokemon around to try and make it so that Torchic is a good Pokemon for the rival's team.

Spoiler:
Be careful with hacking Aron over Torchic in each fight since, if I remember correctly, your rival in RSE never evolves their Pokemon past the second form? It would look weird for an Aggron to be level 34.

Username:
Thursday
Friend Safari:
Dark

Friend Code:
1006-0591-1577

Old 2 Weeks Ago (11:13 AM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by d4rk.
d4rk
Mad scientist trainer

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to d4rk
Don't worry man, I don't want to modify my rival's team, it takes time and eventually is not very useful for this challenge. I've discovered Miltank is in Safari Zone... Yap, I can smell PokeBlock's scent from afar. Also Vulpix is catchable outside Mt. Pyre on the other side... And Swablu on Roads 114-115... I may grind a mon to lvl 20-30 so I can catch my missing pals without killing 'em with overpowered team. It'll be a long run since I get those mons.

Any ways, I'll make a little log every time I run into an important event.

Chapt. I - My two first mons
Spoiler:

Meet FEEBAS the female Emerald trainer that has been named MAY in the anime series, but Feebas fits so much better. Feebas has one single dream, becoming teh ultim8 Pokemon MastR. Here we go.
- Obtained hacked-in Seel from Birch. Brave Nature.
- Seel has Headbutt - yummy
- Already killed hacked-in wild Weedle (lv.2) with lv.6 Seel's headbutt - the thing's weak
- Seel has exp. curve above habitual starters' curves - tough
- Weedle is weak and has a Naughty Nature - Spe. Attacks will kill him fastly. God damn am I allowed to choose a better nature? Maybe... But I'll deal with this one and I'll shall be proud! Don't disappoint me Beedrill.
- Catched a Zigzagoon for... y'know... Pick up.
- Grinding as hell, it totally sucks and takes some time. Did not remember how Poison Sting can be a boring unpowerful move. Next Chapter up to the 2nd gym. Maybe coming with some pics.

Chapt. I - THE END
Old 1 Week Ago (12:52 PM).
d4rk
Mad scientist trainer

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to d4rk
Is it bad double-posting for that? If it is, next time I'll do an edit-update.

Chapt. II - Let's enter da Legend
Spoiler:

Yeah, I used route 103 to grind so I could have this fellow before battling with trainers.

The miracle of Nature!!
- Sometimes Poison Sting indeed gives Poison. Times of joy.
- Beated Youngster Calvin and Bug Catcher Rock with deadly Poison Sting. Got to go Heal Kakuna afterwards. Each time. Better buy 10 Potions since I don't care PokeBalls.
- Met Father. Yo.

- Wally's such a pussy

- Seeya Petalburg city. Route 104 Trainers.
- How F*ck, Bide is so broken when game begins.

- Lv. 9 Seel learns Growl. All hail to Growl. LOL!
- Wandering in friggin' forest and still not encountering Shroomish.
- Headbutt's PP out when attacked by first Aqua grunt. Believe me or not, lv.9 Kakuna saves the day by poisoning the damn Poochyena.
- Bug catcher. After Harden wars, Beedrill's Poison sting systematically followed by Nincada's Leech life, I finally can kill this lil' piece of junk.

Second Nincada had same tratment. Haxx. Poison Sting's out, let's go to Pokemon Center now, it's getting ridiculous. Still no Shroomish but my second awaited one's here.

- Shroomish finaly shows up. Jolly Nature is neat.

Time to grind. Route 102 will do. Shroomish has a low exp. curve. Enjoyment. Then, the Woods. Silcoons were frustrating but now I received the true power of Leech Seed. All hail to Leech Seed, and I'm now damn serious.
- Fury Attack deals good damage on underleveled mons, it's like, fast. Yeah.
- Entering Rustboro City at lv. 11.
- This Challenge is by far the hardest. What is the damn answer!?

- Any Ways... Let's check the Gym *saves game*. Oh, it's a Rock-type Gym. Absorb spam.
- Roxanne giving multiple potions to her Nosepass have already taken all my absorbs out.
- Shut up Roxanne. So after that we can grind to lv.15. Already expecting it. *facepalm*

- BTW Zigzagoon learned Cut, which is nice. The Devon Goods event is boring all the way.
- Beaten Brendan's Torchic with Beedrill. F*ck yeah.
- Entered Dewford at lv. 17. Got Silk Scarf. Use-less.
- Next step : the Gym! And it's a fighting type. Better stall with Beedrill as I've zero super-effective moves. But we'll see it next time pals.

Chapt. II - THE END
Old 2 Days Ago (04:42 PM).
easo87

This looks like a great challenge so thought I'd sign up!

Username: easo87
Game: Expert Emerald (Emerald 386 Hack)
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:
Arbok
Nidoqueen
Clefable
Wigglytuff
Vileplume
Venomoth
Dugtrio
Persian
Golduck
Arcanine
Poliwrath
Machamp
Golem
Slowbro
Muk
Exeggutor
Lickitung
Tauros
Omastar
Kabutops
Aerodactyl
Crobat
Azumarill
Jumpluff
Scizor
Kingdra
Donphan
Sceptile
Linoone
Shiftry
Masquerain
Mawile
Sharpedo
Cacturne
Seviper
Claydol
Milotic
Absol

Parameters: No two pokemon of the same type, 6 pokemon, one must learn Surf
Mode: Normal
Old 2 Days Ago (03:09 AM).
ElectricN

Quote originally posted by easo87:
This looks like a great challenge so thought I'd sign up!

Username: easo87
Game: Expert Emerald (Emerald 386 Hack)
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:
Arbok
Nidoqueen
Clefable
Wigglytuff
Vileplume
Venomoth
Dugtrio
Persian